Market Analysis: Global Silicone Market
The Global Silicone Market is expected to reach USD 19.78 billion by 2025, from USD 13.67 billion in 2017 growing at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2015 & 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Silicone Market
Silicones are high-performance oligomers or polymers exhibiting various physical forms ranging from solids to water-thin liquids, semi-viscous pastes, greases and oils. Silicones display a multitude of unique properties such as lubricate, seal, bond, release, defoam and encapsulate. They can even insulate, waterproof and coat. The silicones conduct electricity and do not harden, crack, peel, crumble, rot or brittle with age. Due to these physical properties the silicones are widely used in transportation and automobile industry. According to an article published by India Brand Equity Foundation, the production of passenger vehicles, commercial vehicles, three wheelers and two wheelers has grew at 11.27% year from April and December in the year 2017 and approximately 21,415,719 vehicles were manufactured. Moreover, the sales of passenger vehicles grew by 5.22% and two wheelers 40.31% in the year 2017. According to International Trade Association, U.S. light vehicle production reached almost 12 million for the passenger vehicles in 2016 and for the light vehicle sales reached 17.5 million units in 2016, which has affected the growth of silicone market. The major players in the silicon market are making various developments such as launch of new products, opening new research and development centres, and new plants for contributing to the growth of the silicon market.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Efficient and sustainable properties of silicone to drive its demand in various end-use industries
- Growing demand for silicones in emerging clusters of Asia-pacific and the Middle East & Africa region
- Growing demand in new applications
- Stringent regulatory policies for silicone in few end-use industries
Market Segmentation: Global Silicone Market
- The global silicone market is segmented based on, type, end-use industry and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the global silicone market is segmented into silicone elastomers, silicone fluids, silicone resins, silicone gels & other products.
- On the basis of end-use industry, the global silicone market is classified into industrial process, building & construction, personal care & consumer products, transportation, electronics, medical & healthcare, energy, others
- Based on geography, the global silicone market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies namely North America & South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and, Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa and, Brazil among others.
Competitive Analysis: Global Silicone Market
The global silicone market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of Silicone market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific and South America.
Major Market Competitors/Players: Global Silicone Market
Some of the major players operating in the global silicone market are – DOW Corning, Wacker, Shin-Etsu, Momentive, Elkem, Gelest, KCC Corporation, Nusil Technologies (Avantor Performance Materials), Evonik, Specialty Silicone Products, Kaneka, Basf, Arkema, Siltech Corporation, ICM Silicone Group, Emerald Performance Materials, CSL Silicones, Primasil Silicones, Roger Corporation, Ashland Global Holdings, Silteq, Reiss Manufacturing, Zhejiang Xinan Chemical Industrial Group, Saint-Gobain, Sivance and many more.
Research Methodology: Global Silicone Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among others