Global Skeletal Dysplasia Market By Type (Achondroplasia, Hypochondroplasia, Thanatophoric Dysplasia, Osteogenesis Imperfect, Others), Treatment (Medication, Surgery, Others), End- Users (Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Skeletal Dysplasia Market
Global skeletal dysplasia market is set to witness a stable CAGR in the forecast period of 2019- 2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. Increasing cases of skeletal dysplasia and rising demand for better treatment among population are the major factors for the growth of this market.
Market Definition: Global Skeletal Dysplasia Market
Skeletal dysplasia or osteochondrodysplasias is a condition which usually occurs in children and affects the growth of their bones or cartilage. People with skeletal dysplasia usually have different shape and size of their arms, legs and other part of the body. Osteogenesis imperfect, hydrochondroplasia, achondroplasia and thanatophoric dysplasia etc. are some of the common type of the skeletal dysplasia. It is a genetic condition and is caused due to a defect called genetic mutation. Increasing cases of skeletal dysplasia among children is the factor fuelling the growth of this market.
- Rising awareness about the early treatment of skeletal dysplasia will drive the market growth
- Increasing cases of skeletal dysplasia in children will also propel the market
- Technological advancement and development in skeletal dysplasia devices will also act as a driver for this market
- Government is also taking initiative in recognizing orphan drugs is also one of the factor boosting the market growth
- Less awareness among population about skeletal dysplasia will restrain the market
- Poor diagnostic condition in developing country also impede this market growth
Segmentation: Global Skeletal Dysplasia Market
- Thanatophoric Dysplasia
- Osteogenesis Imperfect
- Growth Hormones
- Muscle Relaxants
- Parathyroid Hormones
By End- Users
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In June 2018, BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. announced that they have dosed the first participant in a global Phase 2 study for vosoritide which is specially designed for the treatment of achondroplasia in children and young. Vosoritide has the ability to determine the skeletal growth and proportionality of bones while the body is still growing
- In September 2018, Jansen’s Foundation organized their first conference on Skeletal Dysplasia. Many experts related to the field of genetics, orthopedics and endocrinology attended this conference and discussed about the treatment of this critical disease. They also discussed about the bone histology, limb alignment and histomorphometry during the conference
Global skeletal dysplasia market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of skeletal dysplasia market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global skeletal dysplasia market are BioMarin, Clementia, Regeneron, Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical, Alexion, Novartis AG, Eli Lilly and Company, Cipla Inc., F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Merck KGaA, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., CELGENE CORPORATION, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd among others.
Research Methodology: Global Skeletal Dysplasia Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global skeletal dysplasia market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)