Global Skin Replacements and Substitutes Market By Product (Acellular, Cellular, Others), Class (Class III, Class II, Class I), Application (Burns, Ulcers, Cosmetic Surgery, Others), End-User (Wound Care Clinics & Hospitals, Beauty & Cosmetics Industry, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Skin Replacements and Substitutes Market
Global skin replacements and substitutes market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 1352.10 million by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the various innovations and product advancements relating to the technologies for their usage.
Market Definition: Global Skin Replacements and Substitutes Market
Skin replacement and substitutes are medical products utilized for the acting as a replacement or substitute for skin in patients. The need for these products arises due to the patient having suffered from any burns, wounds, skin disorder/disease or any other factor requiring for them to undergo skin replacement or treatment procedures.
- Rising incidences of burn cases and accidents is expected to augment growth of the market
- Increasing number of skin disorders and diseases amongst the population is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Changes in lifestyle of individuals and their preferences for enhancement of their appeal and aesthetics is expected to boost the growth of the market
- High concerns among the patients regarding the negative health effects/side-effects with undergoing skin replacement treatment is expected to restrict the growth of the market
- Dearth of technically proficient professionals for conducting skin replacement procedures is also expected to restrain the growth of the market
- Presence of low-cost alternative solutions is expected to restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Skin Replacements and Substitutes Market
- Class III
- Class II
- Cultured Epithelial Autograft
- Collagen Scaffolds
- Acellular Dermal Matrix
- Class I
- Amniotic Membrane
- Synthetic Skin
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Wound Care Clinics & Hospitals
- Beauty & Cosmetics Industry
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Smith & Nephew, Inc. announced that they had completed the acquisition of Osiris Therapeutics which will help the company’s wound management operations undergo significant transformations. The agreement was concluded for approximately USD 660 million which will help enhance the presence of Smith & Nephew in providing therapeutic solutions for regenerative medicine
- In March 2019, Integra LifeSciences Corporation announced that they had received the approval for their “DuraGen Dural Regeneration Matrix” for the Japanese market. The product is the only approved non-autologous collagen xenograft for use as a dural substitute in the region. The engineering technology of the manufacturing of this product exhibit specifically designed pores, creating the required environment for platelet aggregation for the prevention of leaks or any other associated complications
Global skin replacements and substitutes market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of skin replacements and substitutes market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global skin replacements and substitutes market are KCI Licensing, Inc.; MiMedx; Organogenesis Holdings; Vericel; Smith & Nephew, Inc.; Fujifilm Cellular Dynamics, Inc.; Integra LifeSciences Corporation; AlloSource; MATTEK; Exsurco Medical, Inc.; Mallinckrodt; Tissue Regenix; PolyNovo Limited; Symatese and Mölnlycke Health Care AB among others.
Research Methodology: Global Skin Replacements and Substitutes Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global skin replacements and substitutes market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)