Market Analysis: Global Smart Inhalers Market
Global Smart Inhalers Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 53.56 million in 2018, to an estimated value of USD 147 million by 2026, registering a CAGR of 13.45% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the innovations and advancements in technology which has resulted in enhanced levels of product offerings.
Market Definition: Global Smart Inhalers Market
Smart inhalers are an upgradation over the conventional inhalers, in a sense that they involve the usage of connecting technology, and usage of sensors through which the overall system collects and stores information regarding the habits and needs of the patient. This connectivity technology helps in informing the patients of the need for refilling the inhalers and when to take the medication, even increasing the dosage as per the condition of the patient.
- Increase in prevalence of respiratory diseases and inflammatory diseases; this factor is expected to act as a driver for the market growth
- Increase in the levels of pollution worldwide which has resulted in the rise of population susceptible to chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases
- Increase in the cost of devices and equipments of smart inhalers; this factor is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
- Concerns over stealing the information and data privacy of patients which is restricting the overall adoption of smart inhalers; these factors are expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
Segmentation: Global Smart Inhalers Market
- By Product
- By Indication
- By End-Users
- Research & Development
- By Distribution Channel
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, ResMed announced that they had agreed to acquire Propeller Health for USD 225 million. This deal will help in establishing a global organization in the smart devices for respiratory diseases market, bringing together expertise of both the companies.
- In August 2018, Adherium announced the launch of “Hailie” solution for over-the-counter sales in the United States after it received 510(k) clearance from US FDA.
Competitive Analysis: Global Smart Inhalers Market
Global smart inhalers market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of smart inhalers market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Smart Inhalers Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the smart inhalers market are Cohero Health, Inc.; Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.; Adherium; Propeller Health; 3M; GlaxoSmithKline plc; Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH; Vectura Group plc; Novartis AG; AstraZeneca; OPKO Health Inc.; AptarGroup, Inc.; H&T Presspart Manufacturing Ltd. and Sensirion AG Switzerland.
Research Methodology: Global Smart Inhalers Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global smart inhalers market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)