Global Spinal Stenosis Treatment Market By Type (Cervical Stenosis, Lumbar Stenosis), Treatment (Medication, Physical Therapy, Surgery and Others), Drugs Class (Analgesics, Antidepressants, Anti-Seizures, Corticosteroid and Others), Drugs (Naproxen, Amitriptyline, Gabapentin, Oxycodone and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous, Intraspinal and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Spinal Stenosis Treatment Market
Spinal stenosis treatment market is expected to grow at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. This rise in the market value can be attributed to the increasing number of product offerings for the treatment of spinal stenosis is fueling the market growth
Market Outlook: Global Spinal Stenosis Treatment Market
Spinal stenosis is a condition which is characterized by narrowing of the spaces within the small spinal canal, which causes compression to the nerve roots and spinal cord which travel through the spinal canal, which leads to pain, cramping, weakness or numbness. Spinal stenosis is most commonly caused by osteoarthritis, which can lead to thickening of the ligaments of the spine and bone spurs, this put pressure on the spinal cord and spinal nerves.
According to American Institute of Minimally Invasive Surgery, it was estimated that approximately 250,000 to 500,000 reported the symptoms of spinal stenosis in the United States. The geriatric population affected more frequently than adults.
- Worldwide growing aging population is driving the market growth for spinal stenosis treatment
- Increase in the obese population suffering from spine deformities is accelerating the market growth
- Rising prevalence of spinal disorders such as degenerative scoliosis and degenerative spondylolisthesis is boosting the market growth
- Growing popularity and adoption of minimally invasive spine surgery procedures is enhancing the market growth
- High cost of surgical treatment is hindering the market growth
- Stringent government regulations on approval of drugs is hampering the market growth for spinal stenosis treatment
- Unclear reimbursement policies is hindering the market growth
- Lack of highly skilled and experienced physicians will also restraint the market growth in the forecast period
Global Spinal Stenosis Treatment Market Scope and Market Size:
Spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented of the basis of type, treatment, drugs class, drugs, route of administration, distribution channel and end user. The growth among these specific segments will help users analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and difference in your target markets.
Based on types, the spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented as cervical stenosis and lumbar stenosis.
Based on treatment, the spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented as medication, physical therapy, surgery and others.
Based on the drug class, the spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented into analgesics, antidepressants, anti-seizures, corticosteroid and others.
Based on the drugs, the spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented into naproxen, amitriptyline, gabapentin, oxycodone and others.
Based on the route of administration, the spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented into oral, intravenous, intraspinal and others.
Based on the distribution channel, the spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented as hospital pharmacy, online pharmacy, retail pharmacy.
Based on end user, the spinal stenosis treatment market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others
Global Spinal Stenosis Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The countries covered in the market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific in Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Israel, Egypt, Kuwait, Rest of Middle East and Africa as a part of Middle East and Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Key Developments in the Market
- In November 2019, NIPPON SHINYAKU CO., LTD is developing selexipag (research code: NS-304) to treat lumbar spinal stenosis. If trial gets successful, it will change treatment paradigms across orthopedics and will improve the lives of millions of patients suffering from spinal stenosis worldwide.
- In May 2017, Premia Spine received the U.S FDA approval for its pivotal study of the new Tops system. This system will provide patients with the access to the only posterior arthroplasty device for degenerative grade I spondylolisthesis and spinal stenosis. The approval of Tops system device emphasizes the superiority when compared to the traditional lumbar spinal fusion.
Spinal stenosis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of spinal stenosis treatment market for Global Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
The major players in the spinal stenosis treatment market are Mallinckrodt, Yungjin Pharm, Ono Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd, Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd, NIPPON SHINYAKU CO.,LTD, Taisho Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd, RTI Surgical Holdings, Inc, Medtronic, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Empirical Spine, Inc, Yungjin Pharm.co,.Ltd, Alphatec Spine, Inc, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Exactech, Inc, Globus Medical Inc, NuVasive, Inc, Orthofix Holdings, Inc, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, Pfizer Inc, Vertos Medical Inc, Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc, Vivex among others.
Research Methodology: Global Spinal Stenosis Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global spinal stenosis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.