Global Surgical Site Infection Control Market By Type of Infection (Deep Incisional SSI, Organ or Space SSI, Superficial Incisional SSI), Procedure (Cesarean Section, Gastric Bypass, Cataract Surgery, Dental Restoration, Others), Product (Surgical Scrubs, Surgical Irrigation, Hair Clippers, Skin Preparation Solution, Surgical Gloves, Medical Nonwovens, Surgical Drapes, Manual Reprocessors Solution, Disinfectants, Others), End-User (Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Hospitals, Clinics), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Surgical Site Infection Control Market
Global Surgical Site Infection Control Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 4.07 billion to an estimated value of USD 6.47 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 5.97% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the development and advancements of technologies resulting in innovative product offerings.
Market Definition: Global Surgical Site Infection Control Market
Surgical site infections are caused when harmful bacteria or infection enters the incision or wound where the surgery is being carried out. These infections can be prevented with the usage of certain specifically designed medical devices, accessories and guidelines that have undergone sterilization and cleansing. This prevention includes a number of processes and guidelines helping in avoidance of any life-threatening unfortunate events.
- Growth in the number of surgical procedures caused due to the rise in geriatric population globally; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing awareness and concerns regarding hospital-acquired infections and surgical site infections amid growing prevalence for the same is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Lack of awareness and information regarding the methods and prevention control processes available for surgical site infection control is restraining the growth of the market
- Increasing cases of patients being treated at the outpatient clinics instead of undergoing surgeries is expected to hinder the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Surgical Site Infection Control Market
- By Type of Infection
- Deep Incisional Surgical Site Infection (SSI)
- Organ or Space Surgical Site Infection (SSI)
- Superficial Incisional Surgical Site Infection (SSI)
- By Procedure
- Cesarean Section
- Gastric Bypass
- Cataract Surgery
- Dental Restoration
- By Product
- Surgical Scrubs
- Surgical Irrigation
- Hair Clippers
- Skin Preparation Solution
- Surgical Gloves
- Medical Nonwovens
- Surgical Drapes
- Manual Reprocessors Solution
- Skin Disinfectants
- Hand Disinfectants
- By End-User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2017, Prescient Surgical announced that they had received 510(k) clearance from the US FDA for the commercialization of their medical device developed to prevent surgical site infections during abdominal surgeries. The device named as “CleanCision Wound Retraction and Protection System” which helps in continuous cleansing of bacteria during the course of the entire surgery
- In March 2017, Mölnlycke Health Care AB announced the launch of various surgical site infection control & prevention solutions. They expanded their product offerings by introducing “Mepilex Border Post-Op” dressings, “Biogel PI Micro Indicator Underglove” & “Biogel PI Micro Overglove” and “HIBICLENS”
Global surgical site infection control market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of surgical site infection control market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the surgical site infection control market are 3M; BD; STERIS plc; Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.; Covalon Technologies Ltd.; SSIP, LLC; Stryker; Mölnlycke Health Care AB; Prescient Surgical; AMERICAN POLYFILM, INC.; PAUL HARTMANN AG; Medtronic; bioMérieux SA; LAC-MAC LIMITED; Getinge AB; Belimed; ANSELL LTD.; Pacon Manufacturing and KCWW.
Research Methodology: Global Surgical Site Infection Control Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global surgical site infection control market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)