Global Synthetic Paper Market By Raw Material (BOPP, HDPE, PET, Others), Raw End-Use Industry (Packaging, Paper, Others), Application (Label, Printing, Paper Bags), Manufacturing Process (Extruded Flat Film, Tubular Film, Spun-Bonded, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026;
Market Analysis: Global Synthetic Paper Market
Global synthetic paper market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 999.27 million by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the advancements of technologies & advancements in the packaging market along with increased concern for the deforestation activities required for the manufacturing of pulp paper.
Market Definition: Global Synthetic Paper Market
Synthetic paper is a specialised form of paper, although it essentially is derived from petroleum products and resins, displaying traits of plastics and plastic films. Modifications to this product results in its texture and features of being more as paper although they are highly durable, sustainable providing tear-free features and resistance to water along with being recyclable.
- High growth in demand for eco-friendly packaging products that are recyclable; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing adoption of blister packaging and folding cartons packaging methods; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Availability of customized grades of products and solutions depending on their applications; this factor is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Availability of cheaper variant of pulp paper restricting the growth of the market
- Vulnerable nature of prices associated with the raw materials due to the dependency of the product on prices of crude oil; this factor is expected to restrain the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Synthetic Paper Market
By Raw Material
- Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene (BOPP)
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
By Raw End-Use Industry
- Paper Bags
By Manufacturing Process
- Extruded Flat Film
- Tubular Film
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Japan Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd. announced that they had completed the acquisition of Spicers Paper (Singapore) Pte Ltd and Spicers Paper (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, resulting in the integration of both business acting as subsidiaries of Japan Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd. This acquisition will further their presence globally and expand their distribution capabilities.
- In October 2018, Cosmo Films Ltd. announced the launch of an upgraded version of synthetic paper which has the capability of replacing the usage of pulp paper in a number of applications. The synthetic paper is essentially a modified version of BOPP (Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene) film which is designed to fulfil the needs and demands of pulp paper without tearing and having weather resistance capabilities.
Competitive Analysis: Global Synthetic Paper Market
Global synthetic paper market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of synthetic paper market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Synthetic Paper Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global synthetic paper market are DuPont; Agfa-Gevaert Group; PPG Industries, Inc.; NAN YA PLASTICS CORPORATION; Arjobex; Relyco Sales, Inc.; Transcendia; Seiko Epson Corporation; YUPO CORPORATION; Formosa Plastics Group; Granwell Products Inc; Folex; Profol Kunststoffe GmbH; Sihl AG; Japan Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd.; Aluminium Féron GmbH & Co. KG; B & F Plastics, Inc.; Jindal Poly Films Ltd.; Valéron Strength Films; Cosmo Films Ltd.; TOYOBO CO., LTD.; Polyplex; Kernow Coatings; Southwest Binding & Laminating; Neenah, Inc.; TAGHLEEF INDUSTRIES GROUP and AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION.
Research Methodology: Global Synthetic Paper Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved