Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market By Product Type (Styrenic Block Copolymers (TPE-S), Thermoplastic Polyolefins, Thermoplastic Olefins (TPE-O), Elastomeric Alloys (TPE-V or TPV), Thermoplastic Polyurethanes (TPU), Thermoplastic Copolyester, Thermoplastic Polyamides); Application (Automotive, Building & Construction, Electrical & Electronics, Household Appliances, Medical, Adhesives, Sealants & Coatings, Footwear, HVAC and Others) and Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market
Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market is expected to reach 8711.54 tonnes by 2026 from 5676.43 tonnes in 2018, at a CAGR of 5.50% in the forecast period 2019 to 2026. The new market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
Market Definition: Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market
A thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) have the properties and performance of a rubber, it is actually processed like Plastic and it is recyclable. The presence of the elastomeric component makes it soft and flexible such that it can be stretched repeatedly to at the least twice their original length at room temperature and can return to their approx. length of the original shape upon stress release. The soft touch of TPEs makes them appealing and beneficial for many markets and consumer goods. The TPEs that are soft can be easily be molded into hard thermoplastic materials, which would then be great for soft touch grips on products. TPEs can be perfectly used for sealing rings and on bottle cap liners. TPEs of other type can be used in automotive parts, home appliances, wire and cable insulation, HVACs.
A thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) is like a rubber, possessing its features and performance, processed like Plastic, and is however recyclable, unlike plastic. They are a combination of polymers (rubber and plastic) which consists of both the thermoplastic and elastometer component. The eslatomeric component which is contained in it makes it soft and flexible, making them attractive and useful for several markets and consumer products. The advantage of using TPEs is that they can stretch to elongations and reform to its prior form thereby being durable having a better physical form than the alternative materials. They are extensively used in automotive parts, building and construction, adhesives, HVACs, Medical materials, cables and wires.
- The thermoplastic elastomers substitute’s thermosets. Governments across the globe are increasingly investing in material research and development activities. Innovation in plastics in the automotive industry is a major factor driving the global thermoplastic elastomers market. Thermoplastic elastomers are extensively being demanded from the automotive industry and growing application in the HVAC Industry
- Growth in end-use industries is furthermore boosting the growth of the global thermoplastic elastomers market. Demand for thermoplastic elastomers is also increasing in the building & construction sector.
- Increasing applications in the medical industry and growing demand for bio-based thermoplastic elastomers will drive the market in future.
- Unstable and volatility in raw material prices are the factor which may hinder the growth of this market.
Segmentation: Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market
By Product Type
- Styrenic Block Copolymers (TPE-S)
- Thermoplastic Olefins (TPE-O)
- Elastomeric Alloys (TPE-V or TPV)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethanes (TPU)
- Thermoplastic Copolyester
- Thermoplastic Polyamides
- Thermoplastic Polyolefins
- Automotive and Transportation
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Household Appliances
- Sealants & Coatings
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- The advancements in technology create opportunities for TPEs, providing the designers and manufacturers new options for designing Green products. An application that would be favourable and positive would be in Nanofiltration of water sources, where the current advancements are expensive or backward in the face of increasing requirements for cleansed pure fresh water in several parts of the globe.
- Spread of TPEs has been advanced for Pet Toys. The global supplier of ingenious TPEs Audia Elastometers, has advanced a substantial range of front-line superior performance TPEs which deliver strength, resilience, high clearness and adherence for the market of pet toy, inclusive of dog treats and chew toys.
Competitive Analysis: Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market
Global thermoplastic elastomers market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of thermoplastic elastomers market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the thermoplastic elastomers market are BASF SE, Dow, LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V., Arkema Sa, Evonik Industries AG, Covestro AG, China Petrochemical Corporation, Huntsman International LLC., Tosoh Corporation, Kraton Corporation, Exxon Mobil Corporation, TSRC, Polyone, LCY Group, Celanese Corporation, LG Chem, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Teknor Apex, The Lubrizol Corporation, Apar Industries Ltd, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Zeon Corporation among others..
Research Methodology: Global Thermoplastic Elastomers Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include vendor positioning grid, market time line analysis, market overview and guide, company positioning grid, company market share analysis, standards of measurement, top to bottom analysis and vendor share analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Competitive analysis of key competitors involved in the market
- Complete analysis of market segmentation and which segments are set to flourish in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026
- Market drivers and restraints analysis along with the analysis of the market structure