Global Tinea Pedis Treatment Market By Treatment Type (OTC Medication Prescription Medication, Alternative Therapies and Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Topical and Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Tinea Pedis Treatment Market
Global tinea pedis treatment market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR of 3.9% in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The report contains data of the base year 2019 and historic year 2018. Prevelance of tinea pedis amongst the population contributes towards this market growth.
Market Definition: Global Tinea Pedis Treatment Market
Tinea pedis or Athlete’s foot is a contagious fungal infection usually begins between the toes. It can also spread into toe nails and hands. This infection occurs by sweating in feet while usage of tight fitting shoes. It can be characterized by skin fissures or red and itchy skin scales.
It was estimated that around70% of the population is reported to be infected with Tinea pedis at least once.
- Increasing research and development of highly specific antifungal drugs will drive the market growth
- Presence of a large immunocompromised patient pool will boost up the market growth
- High prevalence of tinea pedis is expected to increase the market size
- Increasing geriatric population with low immunity will fuel up the growth of market
- Lack of awareness of tinea pedis and its treatment options hampers the market growth
- Stringent approval process for new drugs and therapies obstructs the growth of the market
- Side effects associated with antifungal drugs and development of resistance restrains the market growth
Segmentation: Global Tinea Pedis Treatment Market
- OTC Medication
- Prescription Medication
- Alternative Therapies
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In December 2018, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals announced a foray into the branded dermatology market in the United States, the purpose for the expansion of the company is to develop and commercialize branded dermatological products in the USA. In support of this, company acquired seven branded dermatological products from Exeltis USA, Inc. including Ecoza (econazole), a topical antifungal drug used for treatment of tinea pedis, among all seven products
- In November 2018, Blueberry Therapeutics Ltd announced positive results of phase I/II clinical trial studies of its drug candidate BB2603 used for the treatment of patients with both onychomycosis (fungal nail infection) and concomitant tinea pedis (athletes foot). This clinical study was conducted to evaluate safety and efficacy of the drug. The results reported excellent safety profile with minimum local side effects and no systemic exposure. This clinical data will support the drug and facilitates the investigational new drug application (IND).
Global tinea pedis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of tinea pedis treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global tinea pedis treatment market are Blueberry Therapeutics Ltd, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited, Exeltis USA, Inc., Bausch Health, Pfizer Inc., Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd., Taro Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Merck & Co., Inc., AbbVie Inc., Alkermes, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited,. Perrigo Company plc, Mylan N.V., Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Mallinckrodt among others.
Research Methodology: Global Tinea Pedis Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global tinea pedis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players