Global Titanium Dioxide Market By Grade (Rutile, Anatase), End-User (Automotive, Personal Care, Pharmaceutical, Food & Beverages, Construction Industry, and Others), Application (Paints & Coatings, Pulp & Paper, Plastics, Cosmetics, Ink, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Titanium Dioxide Market
Global titanium dioxide market is expected to rise to an estimated value of USD 31.2 billion by 2026, registering a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the growth in construction industry, increase in per capita consumption of pigments and rising demand for lightweight vehicles in automobile industry.
Market Definition: Global Titanium Dioxide Market
Titanium dioxide is made either from sulfuric acid or chloride process, which is also referred as sulfate process. The raw materials used for the manufacturing of titanium dioxide are rutile and ilmenite. It is sold in the form of white crystalline powder. There is a growing demand for titanium dioxide in ink activity, cosmetics, plastics, pulp & paper, paints & coatings, which is expected to drive the market in the forecast period.
- Rising demand for lightweight vehicles in automobile industry; this factor is expected to drive the market in the forecast period
- Increase in per capita consumption of pigments, will help in the growth of market
- Increased usage of titanium dioxide in the construction; this factor will also help the market to grow in near future
- Increased usage of titanium dioxide by its end-users will also help the market to grow
- Volatility in the prices of raw materials will hamper the growth of the market in near future
- Stringent environmental regulations due to its hazardous nature will also restraint the market in the forecast period
Segmentation: Global Titanium Dioxide Market
- Personal Care
- Food & Beverages
- Construction Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Pulp & Paper
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, Tronox Holdings plc, a global inorganic and mining company, has acquired ‘The National Titanium Dioxide Company Limited’s (Cristal) business of titanium dioxide. The transactions and all the other formalities are expected to end by May 1, 2019. The acquisition will help the company to make new products related to the market, so that the demands of the end-users are fulfilled
- In July 2015, Evonik, a manufacturer of sub-pigmentary fumed titanium dioxide, has launched VP NKT 65. The product is surface treated with alkylsilane and is a titanium dioxide grade which is hydrophobic in nature. Such new launches will help the company to penetrate more in this market.
Global titanium dioxide market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of titanium dioxide market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the titanium dioxide market are Tayca Corporation, Huntsman Corporation, The Chemours Company, Tronox Limited, Kronos Worldwide Inc, Evonik Industries AG, Cinkarna Celje D.D. (CICJ.LJ), Cristal, Lomon Billions, Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha Ltd, Grupa Azoty, Precheza as, Argex Titanium Inc, Apollo Colors Inc and others.
Research Methodology: Global Titanium Dioxide Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved