Global Transplant Diagnostics Market By Technology (Molecular Assay Technologies (PCR-Based Molecular Assay Technologies (Real-Time PCR, SSP-PCR, SSO-PCR), Sequencing-Based Molecular Assay Technologies (Sanger, NGS)), Non-Molecular Assay Technologies), Product type (Reagents & Consumables, Instruments, Software & Services), Application (Diagnostic, Research), Products & Services (Reagents and Consumables, Instruments, Software and Services), End User (Hospitals & Transplant Centers, Commercial Service Providers, Research Laboratories and Academic Institutes), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Transplant Diagnostics Market
Global Transplant Diagnostics Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 2.54 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 5.18 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 9.3% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing rising incidence of chronic and infectious diseases
Market Definition: Global Transplant Diagnostics Market
Transplant diagnostics are the diagnostics tests performed while relocating organ in order to treat organ failure such as liver, pancreas, lungs, kidney, and heart. These tests are widely performed by skilled and trained professionals in hospitals & transplant centers, commercial service providers, research laboratories and academic institutes.
According to World Health Organization, there were an estimated 9.6 million deaths in 2018 due to cancer; Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally. About 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer. These deaths could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical equipment and devices for healthcare procedures. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth
- Increasing number of pre-term births taking place globally which requires increased concern and focus on the infants born boosting the growth of the market
- Increased number of children deaths and healthcare associated infections in infants is also expected to act as a driver to the market growth
- There is rise in incidence of chronic and infectious diseases is expected to act as a driver to the market growth
- There is rise in number of transplantation procedures is also expected to act as a driver to the market growth
- High amount of costing of performing HLA matching using PCR and NGS devices is expected to act as a restraint to the market growth
- Adoption & preference of refurbished medical equipment and devices in the developing regions is also expected to restrain the market growth
Segmentation: Global Transplant Diagnostics Market
- Molecular Assay Technologies
- PCR-Based Molecular Assay Technologies
- Real-Time PCR
- Sequencing-Based Molecular Assay Technologies
- PCR-Based Molecular Assay Technologies
- Non-Molecular Assay Technologies
- Serological Assays
- Mixed Lymphocyte Culture (MLC) Assays
By Product type
- Reagents & Consumables
Products & Services
- Reagents and Consumables
- Software and Services
By End User
- Transplant Centers
- Commercial Service Providers
- Research Laboratories
- Academic Institutes
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, CareDx acquired OTTR. OTTR provides comprehensive solutions for transplant patient management. Focus of this is to simplify the logistics of ordering AlloSure or AlloMap testing for patients.
- In Jul 2017, Thermo Fisher Scientific Acquires Linkage Bio. Linkage develops and markets molecular diagnostic technologies for complex genetic testing. Focus of this acquisition is to innovate, and expanded support globally.
Global transplant diagnostics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of transplant diagnostics market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the transplant diagnostics market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (US), F. Hoffman-La Roche Limited(Switzerland), QIAGEN ( Germany), Biomérieux S.A. (France), Immucor, Inc.(US) , Illumina, Inc. (US), BD(US), Caredx, Inc.(US), Gendx (The Netherlands), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (US), Abbott (US) , DiaSorin S.P.A. (Italy), Affymetrix, Inc. (US), Omixon Ltd (Hungary ). Olerup SSp AB (Sweden), Linkage Biosciences (US), Admera Health (US), New York Blood Center (US), The Sequencing Center (US), and others
Research Methodology: Global Transplant Diagnostics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global transplant diagnostics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)