Global Trichinosis Treatment Market By Mechanism of Action (Anti-Parasitics, Analgesics, Corticosteroids and Others), Drugs (Albendazole, Mebendazole, Prednisone and Others), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Trichinosis Treatment Market
Trichinosis treatment market is growing at a steady CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. This rise in market value can be attributed to the improper food preparation can lead to trichinella infection is accelerating the market growth.
Market Outlook: Global Trichinosis Treatment Market
Trichinosis is a parasitic disease, which is caused by Trichinella type roundworms. It is mainly spread by consuming raw or undercooked pork meat or meat of bears and foxes in which roundworm larvae present in it. These trichinella larvae are released into the stomach, where they travel and invade into the wall of the small intestine and develop into adult worms. During the initial stages of infection, symptoms such as abdominal pain, vomiting and diarrhea. After a week of infection the larvae then migrate to muscles and cause swelling of the face, inflammation of the whites of the eyes, fever, muscle pains, and rashes.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 10,000 worldwide cases of trichinosis are diagnosed annually. This is a very rare disease in the United States because there are very strict laws for meat processing and animal feed. On an average of only 400 trichinosis cases are reported annually in the United States.
- Increasing consumption of wild or noncommercial meats is boosting the market growth
- Rising spending on public health programs is acting as a catalyst to the market growth for trichinosis treatment
- Development in the healthcare expenditure will propel the market growth
- Increasing global healthcare expenditure is also driving the market growth in the forecast period
- Lack of awareness amongst people in developing nations may hinder the market for trichinosis treatment
- High medical cost will restrain the market growth
- Inadequate reimbursement and lack of availability of skilled professionals are hampering the market growth in the forecast period
- Patent expiry of branded drugs will restrict the market growth
Global Trichinosis Treatment Market Scope and Market Size:
Trichinosis treatment market is segmented of the basis of mechanism of action, drugs, route of administration, distribution channel and end user. The growth among these specific segments will help users analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and difference in your target markets.
Based on mechanism of action, the trichinosis treatment market is segmented as anti-parasitic, analgesics, corticosteroids and others.
Based on the drugs, the trichinosis treatment market is segmented into albendazole, mebendazole, prednisone and others.
Based on the route of administration, the trichinosis treatment market is segmented into oral and parenteral.
Based on the distribution channel, the trichinosis treatment market is segmented as hospital pharmacy, online pharmacy, retail pharmacy.
Based on end user, the trichinosis treatment market is segmented into hospitals, homecare, specialty clinics and others
Global Trichinosis Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The countries covered in the market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Belgium, Russia, Italy, Spain, Turkey, Hungary, Lithuania, Austria, Ireland, Norway, Poland, Rest of Europe in Europe, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia, Thailand, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific in Asia-Pacific, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, South Africa, Israel, Egypt, Kuwait, Rest of Middle East and Africa as a part of Middle East and Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Peru and Rest of South America as part of South America.
Key Developments in the Market
- In February 2019, LUPIN received the abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) from the U.S FDA for the generic version of Medrol (methylprednisolone). This drug is indicated for multiple disorders including rheumatic disorders, endocrine disorders, dermatologic diseases, allergic states, collagen diseases, respiratory diseases, hematologic disorders, ophthalmic diseases, trichinosis among others. The approval of this generic version will provide the cost effective medicine to the patients suffering from Trichinosis.
- In September 2018, Cipla Inc received the abbreviated new drug application (ANDA) from the U.S FDA for AB-rated generic version of Albenza (albendazole) to treat the infections caused by pork tapeworm. This approval will provide a cost effective medicine to treat the patients suffering from parasitic infections.
Trichinosis treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of trichinosis treatment for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the trichinosis treatment market are Materia Medica Holding, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Zydus Cadila, Strides Pharma Science Limited, Vivimed Labs Ltd, Edenbridge Pharmaceuticals, LLC, Cipla Inc, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc, Bayer AG, Pfizer Inc, SIFI S.p.A, Romark, L.C among others.
Research Methodology: Global Trichinosis Treatment Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global trichinosis treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.