Market Analysis: Global Tuberous Sclerosis Drug Market
Global tuberous sclerosis drug market to grow with substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Growing incidence of patients diagnosed with tuberous sclerosis and change in life style and quality of life are factors contribute to the rise market growth.
Market Definition: Global Tuberous Sclerosis Drug Market
Tuberous sclerosis also known as Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC) is rare genetic disorder that causes non- malignant tumors to form in vital organs primarily the brain, eyes, heart, kidneys, lungs and skin. It is mainly affects the Central Nervous System (CNS) causes epilepsy, autism spectrum disorder, kidney disorders and skin abnormalities. It is caused by mutation in two genes-TSC1 and TSC2.
According to the article published in National Institute of Health, It was estimated that total population of tuberous sclerosis nearly 1 to 2 million and 6,000 newborns were diagnosed with tuberous sclerosis. Growing prevalence of tuberous sclerosis worldwide and accelerating the demand of novel therapies are the key factors for market growth.
- Advances in treatment, therapies and novel treatment
- Robust pipelines for development of newer treatment
- Increases of cases of prevalence rate of tuberous sclerosis diseases worldwide
- Effective treatment is either unavailable or unaffordable
- Patent expiry of the patented drugs and introduction of generic version of branded drugs is expected to restrain the growth if the market
- Inadequate awareness about tuberous sclerosis disorder treatment in some developing countries
Segmentation: Global Tuberous Sclerosis Drug Market
By Medication Type
- Anti-epileptic drugs
- Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) inhibitor
By Therapy Type
- Laser therapy,
- Behavioral Therapy
- Psychiatric Therapy
By Route of administration
By End users
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2018, Novartis AG received US FDA approval for Afinitor Disperz (everolimus) as an adjunctive treatment of tuberous sclerosis complex (TSC)-associated partial-onset seizures in patient of aged 2years or older. This also received US FDA approval for treatment of neuroendocrine tumors (NET) of gastrointestinal or lung.
- In April 2016, GW Pharmaceuticals plc received Orphan Drug designation from the US FDA for cannabidiol for the treatment of Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC).
Competitive Analysis: Global Tuberous Sclerosis Drug Market
Global tuberous sclerosis drug market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of tuberous sclerosis drug market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players: Global Tuberous Sclerosis Drug Market
Few of the major competitors currently working in the tuberous sclerosis drug market are Novartis AG, Nobelpharma Co., Ltd, GW Pharmaceuticals plc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Aucta Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Shijiazhuang Yiling Pharmaceutical Co.,Ltd, Pfizer Inc, H. Lundbeck A/S, are few among others.
Research Methodology: Global Tuberous Sclerosis Drug Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global tuberous sclerosis drug market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players