Global Typhoid Treatment Market By Treatment (Medication, Vaccination, Surgery, Others), Route of Administration (Oral, Injectable, Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis: Global Typhoid Treatment Market
Global typhoid treatment market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2020-2027. The report contains data of the base year 2019 and historic year 2018. The growth in the market can be attributed by the prevailing cases of typhoid across the globe.
Market Definition: Global Typhoid Treatment Market
Typhoid is a bacterial infection caused by Salmonella typhi bacteria. It is a life threatening condition especially for children. The most common symptoms of typhoid are high fever, diarrhea and vomiting. This infection spreads by contaminated food and water and facilitated by unhygienic lifestyle.
The incidence of typhoid is calculated as an estimated of 3.6 cases per 1000 poplulation. Approximately 80% of typhoid cases are in some developing countries such as Bangladesh, Pakistan, China, India, etc. The high prevalence of typhoid infections is the major driver for market growth.
- Rising morbidity and mortality rate due to typhoid infections will boost up the market growth
- Increasing governmental initiative for management of typhoid infections is another factor uplifting the market growth
- Increasing awareness about typhoid and its treatment options also acts as a market driver
- Presence of affordable medications and therapies of typhoid will also drive the market growth in the forecast period
- Global typhoid treatment market is hampered by lack of early detection of infections
- Some factors such as social stigma for typhoid infections and there therapies hinders the market growth
- Poor health care facilities in some countries like Africa hampers the market growth
Segmentation: Global Typhoid Treatment Market
By Route of Administration
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In April 2019, The International Vaccine Institute (IVI) received USD15.7m grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for conducting phase III clinical trials of Vi-DT, a typhoid conjugate vaccine (TCV) for long term protection of typhoid infections. This grant will support the development of exciting new class of therapeutics for the treatment of typhoid
- In January 2018, Bharat Biotech received pre-qualification from the World Health Organization (WHO) for Typbar TCV (Typhoid Conjugate Vaccine), the first typhoid vaccine used for long term protection from typhoid infections. The WHO pre-qualification grants ensure that the Typbar vaccine is safe and effective for human use.
Global typhoid treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of typhoid treatment market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global typhoid treatment market are Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Bharat Biotech, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Sanofi, Pfizer Inc., BIO-MED, Bio Farma, PaxVax, Inc., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., bioMérieux SA, Promega Corporation, Merck & Co., Inc., Merck KGaA, Blueberry Therapeutics Ltd, Mylan N.V., FDC, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Akorn, Incorporated among others.
Research Methodology: Global Typhoid Treatment Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global typhoid treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players