Global Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Market By Type (BCR-ABL Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor, Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGFR) Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, Others), Application (Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML), Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Others), End Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics, Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Market
Global tyrosine kinase inhibitors market is rising gradually with a substantial CAGR of 8.2% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. Strong tyrosine kinase drugs pipeline and increasing mergers and acquisitions and research collaborations by many companies will drive the market growth.
Market Definition: Global Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Market
Tyrosine kinase inhibitors are the drugs that inhibit the proteins called tyrosine kinases. These proteins are enzyme that activates signal transduction cascades which is responsible for cell functions such as cell signaling, growth and division. The abnormal formation and release of these enzymes leads to facilitate the growth of cancer. These inhibitors aid the patients suffering from cancer diseases.
According to WHO, an estimated of 9.6 million deaths are caused by cancer in 2018 worldwide and approximately 1 to 6 deaths are caused by cancer worldwide. Tyrosine kinase inhibitors are potential agents used for treatment of many types of cancers such as breast cancer, lung cancer and others.
- Increasing prevalence of cancer such as chronic myeloid leukemia (CML), lung cancer, renal cell cancer among others will boost the market growth in the forecast period
- Increasing awareness about treatment of cancer by tyrosine kinase inhibitor drugs also acts as a market driver
- Growing healthcare expenditure along with the development of novel tyrosine kinase globally will uplift the market growth
- Side effects associated with tyrosine kinase inhibitor drugs such as fatigue, muscle cramps, vomiting among others; this factor will also impede the market growth
- High cost treatment hinders the market growth
- Stringent regulatory policies for approval of novel drugs restrains the market growth
Segmentation: Global Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Market
- BCR-ABL Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitor
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR) Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
- Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGFR) Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia (CML)
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
By End Users
- Specialty Clinics
By Distribution Channels
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2018, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. received Breakthrough Therapy designation from the U. S. FDA for Erdafitinib, a pan-fibroblast growth factor receptor (FGFR) tyrosine kinase inhibitor used for treatment of patients with urothelial cancer. This designation will expedite the development and commercialization of the drug and profit the business of the company
- In December 2017, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd announced acquisition of Ignyta, Inc. This deal includes entrectinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor which is under development for treatment of non-small cell lung cancer and a broad range of solid tumors. This acquisition will provide the rights to develop and commercialize entrectinib and Roche will commence a tender offer to acquire the shares of Ignyta’s
Global tyrosine kinase inhibitors market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of tyrosine kinase inhibitors market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global tyrosine kinase inhibitors market are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Bayer AG Deciphera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Ascentage Pharma, AstraZeneca, Eisai Co., Ltd., Novartis AG, Sanofi, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Genentech, Inc., Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Suzhou Zelgen Biopharmaceuticals Co., Ltd., Celldex Therapeutics, Exelixis, Inc., , Sino Biological Inc., AB Science among others.
Research Methodology: Global Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global tyrosine kinase inhibitors market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players