Global Vomiting Treatment Market By Types (Possetting, Reflux and Projectile Vomiting), Mechanism of Action (Serotonin Antagonist, Antihistamine, D2 Receptors Antagonist, Benzodiazepine, Dopamine Antagonists and Others), Drugs (Ondansetron, Promethazine, Metoclopramide, Lorazepam and Others), Treatment (Medications, Rehydration and Others), Route of Administration (Oral and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy), End-Users (Hospitals, Homecare, Specialty Clinics and Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Vomiting Treatment Market
Global vomiting treatment market is growing at a substantial CAGR in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the increasing prevalence of cancer and chemotherapy treatment worldwide.
Market Definition: Global Vomiting Treatment Market
Vomiting is a forceful expulsion of the stomachs food or contents out of the mouth. It is not considered as a disease rather a symptom of many conditions such as infection, food poisoning, motion sickness, migraines among others. Nausea is a feeling that comes before vomiting. Both this nausea and vomiting can be symptoms of some serious diseases including heart attack, liver disorders brain tumors among others
- Increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal disorders worldwide acts as a market driver
- Increasing prevalence of cancer and chemotherapy treatment will also enhance this market growth
- Prevailing cases of migraine which may result in vomiting will also boost the growth of this market
- Increasing global healthcare expenditure also acts as a major market driver
- Lack of awareness amongst people about causes of vomiting is hampering this market growth
- Patent expiry of branded drugs will also impede this market growth
Segmentation: Global Vomiting Treatment Market
- Projectile Vomiting
Mechanism of Action
- Serotonin Antagonist
- D2 Receptors Antagonist
- Dopamine Antagonists
By Route of Administration
By Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Retail Pharmacy
- Online Pharmacy
- Specialty Clinics
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Key Developments in the Market
- In March 2018, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd received the U.S FDA approval for the generic version of the Aloxi (palonosetron HCI), a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, used in adults preventing nausea and vomiting that may occur as a result of receiving cancer chemotherapy. It is also indicated for prevention of postoperative nausea and vomiting following surgery. This launch will provide affordable treatment option for patients who suffer from challenging side-effects of post- chemotherapy
- In March 2018, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd, received the U.S FDA approval for the generic version of the Aloxi (palonosetron HCI), a 5-HT3 receptor antagonist, it is used in adults to prevent nausea and vomiting following surgery. This launch will provide affordable treatment option for cancer patients who faced challenging post-chemotherapy side effects
Global vomiting treatment market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of vomiting treatment for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Players:
The key market players in the global vomiting treatment market are Merck & Co., Inc, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Mylan N.V, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi, Pfizer Inc, Solvay, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Eisai Co., Ltd, Kyowa Kirin Co., Ltd, Baxter, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Inc, Aurobindo Pharma, Mylan N.V, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Accord Healthcare, NATCO Pharma Limited, CASI Pharmaceuticals Inc among others.
Research Methodology: Global Vomiting Treatment Market:
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technical Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global vomiting treatment market outlook in the developed and emerging markets.
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period.
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period.
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players.