Global Wearable Sensors Market, By Type (Accelerometers, Gyroscopes, Temperature & Humidity Sensors, Magnetometers, Image Sensors, Pressure & Force Sensor, Inertial Sensor, Touch Sensors, Medical Based Sensors, Motion Sensors, Microphones), By Technologies, By Application By End User, By Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Europe, South America, Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2025
Market Analysis: Global Wearable Sensors Market
The Global Wearable Sensors Market accounted for USD 320.82 million in 2017 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 30.2% during the forecast period of 2018 to 2025. The upcoming market report contains data for historic years 2016, the base year of calculation is 2017 and the forecast period is 2018 to 2025.
Market Definition: Global Wearable Sensors Market
This market report defines the market trends and forecast the upcoming opportunities and threats of the wearable sensor market in the next 8 years. Wearable sensor helps in continuous physiological observation or monitoring with less manual intervention and low cost. These sensors help in collecting as well as delivering information about its respective surroundings and can also help in navigation. Now a days wearables sensor are integrated into different accessories such as wristwatches, hats, eyeglasses, smartphones, shoes, garments, headphones, wrist bands and others. In February, 2018, Robert Bosch GmbH has launched arometric pressure sensor named as BMP388 for CE drones which is suitable in tracking wearables and smart homes application as well as consumer electronics (CE) drones. In 2017, Boltt launched an AI enabled wearable device which comprises of smart shoes to sensors for fitness and health solutions. Thus, with the continuous technological advancement in the wearable sensor products will definitely lead the global wearable sensor market in the forecasting period.
Major Market Drivers and Restraints:
- Rising ageing population
- Growing trend of IoT platform and smart living among end users
- Increase in inclination towards smaller, cheaper and smarter sensors
- Increasing number of connected devices
- High costs of wearable products
- Growing concerns with regards to privacy and security
- Lack of common standards and interoperability issue
Market Segmentation: Global Wearable Sensors Market
- The global wearable sensor market is segmented based on type, technologies, application, end-users and geographical segments.
- Based on type, the global wearable sensor market is segmented into accelerometers, gyroscopes, temperature and humidity sensors, magnetometers, image sensors, pressure &force sensors, inertial sensors, touch sensors, medical based sensors, motion sensors, microphones and microspeakers and others. Medical based sensors are sub segmented into Blood Flow Sensors, Blood Oxygen Sensors, Heart Rate Sensors, Hall Effect Sensors, Blood Glucose Sensors and ECG sensors. Other types of wearable sensors are CO2 sensors, light sensors and position sensors.
- On the basis of technology, the global wearable sensor market is segmented into Cmos and Mems. Cmos are sub segmented into Very Large-Scale Integration Technology (VLSI) and Nanoelectromechanical System (NEMS). Other types of technology are Application-Specifitc Integrated Circuit (ASIC), Microsystems Technology (MST) and optical spectroscopy.
- On the basis of application, the global wearable sensor market is segmented wrist wear, neckwear, eyewear, body wear, footwear and others. Wrist wear is sub segmented into wrist wearable bracelets and wrist wearable watches or bands. Neckwear is sub segmented into ornaments and jewelry, ties and collars. Eyewear is sub segmented into smart contact lenses, HMDS and HUDS and google glasses. Body wear is sub segmented into ARM and legwear, chest straps, clothing and inner-wear, smart socks and body worn cameras. Other type of application of wearable sensor includes smart headsets or head bands, ear wear, ring scanner or wear..
- On the basis of end-users, the global wearable sensor market is segmented into healthcare, consumer and industrial. Healthcare is sub segmented into clinical and non-clinical application. Consumer is sub segmented into infotainment and multimedia, fitness and sports, garments and fashion. Industrial is sub segmented into logistics, packaging, warehouse applications and other industrial sector.
- Based on geography, the global wearable sensor market report covers data points for 28 countries across multiple geographies such as North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Some of the major countries covered in this report are U.S., Canada, Germany, France, U.K., Netherlands, Switzerland, Turkey, Russia, China, India, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, and Brazil among others.
Competitive Landscape: Global Wearable Sensors Market
The global wearable sensor market is consolidated due to the presence of limited number of players concentrated in few countries. These major players have adopted various organic as well as inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, and others to strengthen their position in this market.
Major Market Competitors: Global Wearable Sensors Market
Some of the major players in global wearable sensor market are TE Connectivity, Panasonic Corporation, Infineon Technologies AG, ams AG, Robert Bosch GmbH, STMicroelectronics, Analog Devices, Inc., Asahi Kasei Corporation, Knowles Electronics, LLC., Broadcom, NXP Semiconductors, ARM Holdings PLC., Texas Instruments Inc., mCube , Sensirion AG, Invensense, Inc. among others.
Research Methodology: Global Wearable Sensors Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.