Global Web Hosting Services Market By Product (Website Builder, Shared Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, Collocated Hosting), Connectivity (xDSL, Fiber, MPLS, Ethernet, IP-VPN), Application (Public Websites, Intranet Services, Mobile Application, Online Application, Others), Deployment (Public, Private, Hybrid), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Web Hosting Services Market
Global web hosting services market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 15.08% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the significant rise in the adoption of internet amid significant penetration of associated services and applications.
Market Definition: Global Web Hosting Services Market
Web hosting services are the collective service offerings provided by the individual host of websites, helping improve the overall appeal and functionality of the domain. These websites are included in a physical server available with the host, which is responsible for maintaining and upgradation of the websites in a timely manner. These hosts provide a variety of services such as virtual private servers, shared hosting, collocated hosting, dedicated hosting, and cloud hosting.
- Increased availability of e-commerce and increased demand of better marketing solutions on the domains by the customers is expected to augment growth of the market
- Significant surge in the digitalization services worldwide is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Increasing prevalence of AI, IoT, cloud computing improving modernization and better physical hardware available with the hosts ensuring better performance is also expected to drive the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding loss of data and complications in recovery of data are factors restricting the adoption rate
- High costs of private servers and dedicated hosting services are factors restricting the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Web Hosting Services Market
- Website Builder
- Shared Hosting
- Dedicated Hosting
- Collocated Hosting
- Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL)
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS)
- Internet Protocol-Virtual Private Network (IP-VPN)
- Public Websites
- Intranet Services
- Mobile Application
- Online Application
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In January 2019, dogado GmbH announced that they had acquired checkdomain, helping them expand their customer base to more than 190,000 customers by providing cloud services, domains and web hosting. This acquisition will help in the establishment of dogado GmbH into one of the leader web service provider in Germany. The goal of dogado GmbH’s holding company, i.e. Triton is to build leading established companies that are diverse in their product offerings
- In December 2018, Cinven announced that they had agreed to acquire One.com established in Europe and one of the leaders in web hosting services. They have their focus set in Northern Europe with around 1 million customer base providing domain names and associated services to small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and small-office home-offices. This decision will improve help Cinven into penetrating into a market which is on the rise with large-scale penetration of internet services and applications globally
Global web hosting services market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of web hosting services market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Major Market Competitors/Players
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global web hosting services market are Amazon Web Services, Inc.; AT&T Intellectual Property; DreamHost, LLC; EarthLink LLC; Google; Equinix, Inc.; GoDaddy Operating Company, LLC; Endurance International Group; Web.com Group, Inc; Just Host; SiteGround Hosting Ltd.; Exabytes Group of Company; hostinger.in; Vodien Internet Solutions Pte Ltd.; IP ServerOne Solutions Sdn Bhd; Shinjiru International Inc.; FastComet Inc.; Hosting.co.uk; Combell nv; Leaseweb; 1&1 IONOS Inc.; Alibaba Cloud; bluehost inc.; Cogeco Peer 1; HostGator.in; Hetzner Online GmbH; Liquid Web, LLC; Host Europe GmbH; MEDIA TEMPLE; OVH; RACKSPACE US, INC. and STRATO AG among others.
Research Methodology: Global Web Hosting Services Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved