Global Wound Dressings Market By Product (Advanced Wound Dressings and Traditional Wound Dressings), Type (Anti-microbial and Non Anti-microbial), Wound Type (Surgical Wounds, Burns, Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Pressure Ulcers, Venous Ulcers, Trauma, Chronic Wounds), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers) Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)– Industry Trends & Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Wound Dressings Market
Global Wound Dressings Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 8.49 billion to an estimated value of USD 14.81 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.2% in the forecast period of 2019-2026.
Market Definition: Global Wound Dressings Market
Wound dressing is the process of preventing and healing of the wounds. The wounds may be acute or chronic. The process that is followed in wound dressing is traditional as well as advanced wound dressing. Traditional dressing are used in acute wounds by wound healing process and advanced dressing used in chronic wounds. The growth in the wound dressing market is due to the rise in the incidences of diabetic wounds, injuries etc. The high cost of advanced wound dressing devices hampers the growth of the market.
According to World Health Organization, around 9% of the total mortality is due to injuries, road-kills, falls or burns, violence, almost more than half of these deaths could have been avoided with the availability of proper medical equipment and devices for healthcare procedures. This significant number is expected to act as a driver to the market growth.
- New developments in technologies.
- Growth in the numbers of geriatric population.
- Rise in the incidences of diabetes and diabetic wounds.
- Initiation of government in the wound dressing market is some of the factor which drives the market.
- High price of advanced wound dressing technology product or devices hampers the market.
- Competitive Pricing Pressure is the challenge in the emerging market.
Segmentation: Global Wound Dressings Market
- By Product
- Advanced Wound Dressings
- Foam dressings
- Film dressings
- Collagen dressings
- Hydrogels dressings
- Wound contact layers
- Super absorbent dressings
- Traditional Wound Dressings
- Surgical tapes
- Anti-infective dressings
- Dry dressings.
- By Type
- Non Anti-microbial
- By Wound Type
- Surgical wounds
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous ulcers
- Chronic wounds
- By End-Users
- Ambulatory surgical centers.
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In February 2018, Smith and Nephew launched a single use NPWT device, PICO 7 in Europe which will help in attracting the hard to heal patients.
- In 2016, Organogenesis launched a wound care medical device, PuraPly which is composed of a collagen sheet coated with 0.1% polyhexmethylenebiguanide hydrochloride, covers a wide range of acute and chronic wounds including pressure ulcers, venous ulcers, diabetic ulcers has named one of the “Top 10 Innovations in Podiatry”. It will capture a significant amount of global wound dressings market
Competitive Analysis: Global Wound Dressings Market
Global wound dressings market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of wound dressings market for global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Wound Dressings Market
Some of the major players operating in global wound dressings market are KCI Licensing, Inc. (US), Integra LifeSciences (US), Smith & Nephew (UK), Alliqua.com (US), Mölnlycke Health Care AB (Sweden), ConvaTec Inc. (UK), Coloplast Pty Ltd (Australia), Medtronic (Ireland), Organogenesis Inc. (US), Medline Industries, Inc. (US), 3M (US), Derma Sciences Inc. (US), Hollister Incorporated (US), MiMedx (US), Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (US), Human Biosciences (US), B. Braun Melsungen AG (Germany), Systagenix (US), Genzyme Corporation (US) and Beiersdorf AG (Germany) among others..
Research Methodology: Global Wound Dressings Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global wound dressings market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)