Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market, By Type (Salivary Stimulants, Salivary Substitutes, Dentifrices), Prescription based (OTC, Prescribed), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa)- Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market
The Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market is expected to rise from its initial estimated value of USD 648.94 billion in 2018 to an estimated value of USD 874.55 billion by 2026 registering a CAGR of 3.8% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. This rise in the market can be attributed to the rising geriatric population over the world and prevalence of demand of arthroscopy in these populations.
Market Definition: Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market
Xerostomia is a disease leading to oral dryness and are not easily diagnosed. Dryness of mouth is associated with the altered salivary gland functionality and other etiologies causing oral issues. Xerostomia caused due to the absence of saliva flow, and this is due to shrinkage of salivary gland. The xerostomia therapeutics helps to treat these symptoms associated with the dry mouth. The dry mouth symptoms impacts the life style quality of the patient and causes difficulty in the swallowing, chewing and speaking which can lead to the thick oral mucus, sleep disturbance and bad breathing.
- Rising geriatric population has increased the demand for these therapeutics as the elderly population have more symptoms of dry mouth
- Increase in use of prescription medications
- High cost of xerostomia therapeutics is acting as a major restraint for the market
- Lack of awareness of xerostomia in the developing and underdeveloped economies
Segmentation: Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market
- By Type
- Salivary Stimulants
- Salivary Substitutes
- By Prescription Based
- By Geography
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Synedgen Incand the subsidiary Prisyna, announced the launch of Moisyn for the treatment of xerostomia dry mouth.
- May 2018, Synedgen Inc. and the subsidiary Prisyna , received 510(k) clearance from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to market its family of Moisyn products designed to treat xerostomia. The clearance of the drug from FDA will help the company to provide the Moisyn products to the patients for the treatment and can alleviate the dry mouth symptoms.
Competitive Analysis: Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market
The global xerostomia therapeutics market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of xerostomia therapeutics market for global, Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors: Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market
Few of the major market competitors currently working in the xerostomia therapeutics market are Acacia Pharma Group PLC, Colgate-Palmolive, Church & Dwight Co. Inc., GlaxoSmithKline PLC, Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC, Lupin, OraCoat, Parnell Pharmaceuticals Inc., Pendopharm, Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, and Synedgen Inc.
Research Methodology: Global Xerostomia Therapeutics Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request an Analyst Call or can drop down your inquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR Research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Current and future of global xerostomia therapeutics market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)