Middle East and Africa Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market, By Product Type (Instruments, Consumables & Accessories & Services & Software), Methods (Mass Spectrometry Method, Dilution, Disk Diffusion, E-Test, Genotypic Methods & Others), Type (Antibacterial Testing, Antifungal Testing & Rapid-AST), Application (Clinical Diagnostics, Drug Discovery and Development, Epidemiology & Others), End User (Hospitals, Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Companies, Diagnostic Laboratories, Contract Research Organizations, Research Centres and Academic Institutes & Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Sales, Retail Sales & Third Party Distributor), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Israel, and Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market
Antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 4.2% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 133.50 million by 2029 from USD 96.57 million in 2021. The high prevalence of infectious diseases and increasing awareness towards early diagnosis is the major driver which is propelling the market in the forecast period.
Antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) is a laboratory procedure which is used to determine which antimicrobial impedes the growth of bacteria, fungi, and other microorganism causing a specific infection. Susceptibility testing is performed on microorganisms such as bacteria, fungi causing the infection after they have been recovered in a culture of the specimen.
Antibacterial drugs are playing the important role in the prevention of infectious diseases, however, the cases of drug misuse and overuse, led to the development of drug resistance. Delay in diagnosing the harmful microbes makes it difficult to control the spread of infectious diseases. This is putting pressure on the key players to manufacture the test kits which gives accurate and effective results to better treat the patients.
Testing is used to determine the potential effectiveness of antibiotics on microorganisms and determine if the microorganisms have developed resistance to certain antibiotics. The results of this test can help healthcare professionals to get access to better clinical diagnosis and select the drug that is most likely to be effective in treating that particular infection.
The Middle East and Africa antimicrobial susceptibility testing market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market Scope and Market Size
Middle East and Africa Antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is categorized into six notable segments which are based on product type, methods, type, application, end user and distribution channel.
- On the basis of product type, antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is segmented into instruments, consumables & accessories and services & software. In 2022, instruments segment is expected to dominate the market due to the initiatives taken by market player as launch of various AST devices.
- On the basis of methods, antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is segmented into mass spectrometry method, dilution, disk diffusion, e-test, genotypic methods, and others. In 2022, disk diffusion method is expected to dominate the market due to its accurate, reliable, and efficient results.
- On the basis of type, antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is segmented into antibacterial testing, antifungal testing and others. In 2022, antibacterial testing segment is expected to dominate the market due to the high prevalence of infectious diseases in the region.
- On the basis of application, antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is segmented into clinical diagnostics, drug discovery and development, epidemiology and others. In 2022, clinical diagnostics segment is expected to dominate the market because these tests are most frequently done in clinical industry to detect the presence of microbes.
- On the basis of end user, antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is segmented into hospitals, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology companies, diagnostic laboratories, contract research organizations, research centres & academic institutes and others. In 2022, hospitals segment is expected to dominate market due to increasing investment in hospitals.
- On the basis of distribution channel, antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is segmented into direct sales, retail sales and third party distributor. In 2022, direct sales segment is expected to dominate the market because consumers are aware of this distribution channel and they prefer direct sales for seeking the benefits of discounts, bulk buying and easy availability of products.
Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market Country Level Analysis
Middle East and Africa antimicrobial susceptibility testing market is categorized into six notable segments which are based on country, product type, methods, type, application, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the antimicrobial susceptibility testing market report are the South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Egypt, Israel, and rest of Middle East and Africa.
South Africa is dominating the Middle East and Africa market with the increasing funding for the development of novel and innovative methods for testing.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Middle East and Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing New Product Launch in Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Market
Antimicrobial susceptibility testing market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with wearable electronic devices sales, impact of advancement in the wearable electronic devices and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the antimicrobial susceptibility testing market. The data is available for historic period 2012 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Antimicrobial Susceptibility Testing Share Analysis
Antimicrobial susceptibility testing market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to antimicrobial susceptibility testing market.
The major companies which are dealing in the antimicrobial susceptibility testing market are BD, Synbiosis, Zhuhai DL Biotech Co., Ltd, Mast Group Ltd., HiMedia Laboratories, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Creative Diagnostics, Genefluidics, Inc., Rosco Diagnostica A/S, ERBA Group, Liofilchem S.r.l., Alifax S.r.l., MERLIN Gesellschaft für mikrobiologische Diagnostika mbH, bioMérieux SA, Merck KGaA, Danaher, Accelerate Diagnostics, Inc., NuMedii, Inc., and BacterioScan, Inc. among others.among other domestic and Asia-Pacific players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the antimicrobial susceptibility testing market.
- In May 2020, Alifax S.r.l. announced the launch of I-dOne for identification of bacteria and fungi of isolates from positive culture of biological samples. This technology would help the company to generate more revenue.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the wearable electronic devices market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for antimicrobial susceptibility testing.