Middle East and Africa Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market By Charging Station (AC charging station, DC charging station), Vehicle Type (Battery electric vehicle (BEV), Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles(PHEV)), Installation Type (Residential, Commercial), Technology (Level 1, Level 2, Level 3), Charging Stations Standards (GB/T, CHAdeMO, CCS, Tesla supercharger, SAE J1772, IEC 62196), Country (South Africa and Rest of Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
An electric vehicle charging station is a point to charge the battery of an electric vehicle, which varies from vehicles to vehicles. There are few types of technology which are used in charging the vehicles based on the battery’s input power which are as follows: type 1, type 2, and type 3. The charging stations can be DC charging or AC charging type or inductive charging station.
These charging points can be installed either in residential or commercial applications, and it provides the speed to charge the electric vehicle depending on the type of technology the battery uses.
Middle East and Africa electric vehicle charging stations market is projected to register a healthy CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Middle East and Africa Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market
Middle East and Africa electric vehicle charging stations market is segmented into five notable segments which are charging station, vehicle type, charging stations standards, installation type and technology.
- On the basis of charging station, the market is segmented into AC charging station, DC charging station and inductive charging station
- On the basis of vehicle type, the market is segmented into battery electric vehicle (BEV) and plug-in hybrid vehicle (PHEV)
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into level 1, level 2, and level 3
- On the basis of charging stations standards, the market is segmented into GB/T, CHAdeMO, CCS, Tesla supercharger, SAE J1772 and IEC 62196
- On the basis of installation type, the market is segmented into residential and commercial
Competitive Analysis: Middle East and Africa Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Tesla, Efacec, Engie Group, ABB, Schneider Electric, Siemens AG, Liikennevirta Oy (Ltd.), SemaConnect, ClipperCreek, Allego B.V., Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc., EVgo Services LLC, ChargePoint, Inc., Blink Charging Co., Alfen N.V., AeroVironment, Inc. among others.
- In April 2018, the TGOOD GLOBAL LTD. successfully launched innovative wireless charging technology into the market. The technology is based on magnetics coupling resonance which realizes more than 93% power transmission at a maximum charging power of 60kW and across a range of up to 20cm transmission distance.
- In January 2018, ABB announced the launch of the project of autonomous electric bus by supplying two ‘Heavy Vehicle Chargers (HVC) 300P’ to Singapore. This would help them to cover more market shares.
Research Methodology: Middle East and Africa Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Market
Primary Respondents: Project Manager, Presidents, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.