Middle East & Africa Volumetric Video Market By Volumetric Capture (Hardware, Software, Services), Application (Signage and Advertisement, Sports Events and Entertainment, Medical, Education and Training, Others), Country (South Africa, Rest of Middle East & Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026Volumetric video is the process which captures the object irrespective whether it’s a 2D or 3D object whether it’s a static or a moving object, it can also be a location. For moving 3D objects, it requires motion sensing techniques and for static, it is done using imaging. Imaging of 2D or a 3D object is done by using In-depth sensors, which can be directly placed at the body of the object or it can be scanned through using 360 degree cameras. Mesh based and point based scanning is widely used for detailed 3D images, particularly in video games in order to provide a real time imaging to the character. Adding to it, in-depth sensors and 360 degree camera view are processed in a computing engine for implementation of AR or VR or other client based applications, namely sports, entertainment and others.
Middle East & Africa volumetric video market is projected to register a CAGR of 23.3% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Segmentation: Middle East & Africa Volumetric Video Market
Middle East & Africa volumetric video market is segmented into two notable segments which are volumetric capture and application.
- On the basis of volumetric capture, the global volumetric video market is segmented into hardware, software and services. Hardware segment is sub segmented into processing unit and camera unit. In 2019, Hardware segment is likely to grow at the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In January 2015, NASA announced that it will use holographic projections from Microsoft’s HoloLens to explore Mars. It helps the scientist to just wear the HoloLens and walk on the surface of mars in form of hologram projection. HoloLens takes the direct feed of volumetric video capture from rover present on the mars and it projects the holographic image using HoloLens which is just like walking on the surface of mars.
- On basis of application, the global volumetric video market is segmented into signage and advertisement, sports events and entertainment, medical, education and training, and others.
- In 2015, Ralph Lauren used holographic projection of women models walking at the water surface. Fashion show happened in Central park Cherry Hill, New York. In which holographic models walked at the surface of the lake. It used volumetric capture of the models and projected it over the lake.
Competitive Analysis: Middle East & Africa Volumetric Video Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Microsoft, Intel Corporation, RealView Imaging Ltd, 8i Limited, LightSpace Technologies, Facebook, Google, The Coretec Group Inc, Voxon Photonics, Jaunt, Inc, Omnivor, Inc, Hammerhead, Unity Technologies, HypeVR Technology, OTOY Inc., Stereolabs and others.
- In August 2017, Australian company Euclideon has presented a holographic model for sale, it is a multi-user table in which users will be able to interact with the data. It will be useful for the companies which have teams at remote locations and will be able to work across the same dataset.
- In May 2018, Canada based company TeleHumans 2 has developed a 3D based system which is able to project a full 360 degree view of a human without using smart mirrors or smart lens. Image is projected on the telepod which shows a 360 degree view of the object. It will improve the market of the volumetric video coverage.
Research Methodology: Middle East & Africa Volumetric Video Market
Primary Respondents: Project Manager, Presidents, Engineers, Industrial Professionals.
Industry Participants: CEO’s, V.P.’s, Marketing/Product Managers, Market Intelligence Managers and, National Sales Managers.