Middle East and Africa Food Thickeners Market, By Type (Hydrocolloids, Protein, Starch, Pectin, and Others), Form (Powder, Granules, Gel, and Others), Nature (Non-GMO and GMO), Source (Plant, Animal, Marine, and Microbial), Application (Food and Beverages), Country (South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Kuwait, and Rest of the Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast To 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Food Thickeners Market
Middle East and Africa market is expected to grow in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 4.7% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 1,254.41 million by 2029. Rising demand for non-alcoholic drinks, including fruit juices and energy drinks, is expected to drive the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market growth.
Food thickeners are defined as the food modifying agents that are used to modify the texture structure of food & beverages. They are used to increase the thickness of food & beverages, helping absorb the water content in the edibles once they are integrated into the products. These products are majorly utilized to modify the viscosity of these products, giving them a consistent overall structure. The market's most widely used food thickeners are starches, followed by hydrocolloids and proteins. Food thickeners are used in food applications such as bakery products, confectionery products, sauces, dressings, marinades, gravies, beverages, dairy, frozen desserts, convenience, processed food, among others.
An increase in the change in lifestyle of the consumers resulting in an increased focus on their diet is a vital factor escalating the market growth. Also, a rise in the product's benefits offering more than just thickening capabilities at low costs may fuel the global food thickeners market. However, increased research and development costs associated with the development and manufacturing of food thickeners and continuous fluctuations in raw material prices of hydrocolloids are the major factors, among others, expected to restrain the global food thickeners market in the forecast period.
A rise in the new product innovation and increase in the research and development activities in the market will further create new opportunities for the global food thickeners market. On the other hand, possible health concerns regarding xanthan gum and carrageenan may challenge the growth of the global food thickeners market.
The Middle East and Africa food thickeners market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the global food thickeners market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa Food Thickeners Market Scope and Market Size
Middle East and Africa Food thickeners market is segmented into five notable segments based on type, form, nature, source, and application. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market is segmented into protein, starch, hydrocolloids, pectin, and others. In 2022, the hydrocolloids food thickeners segment is expected to dominate the market due to the growing use of hydrocolloids in confectionery products which mainly include jam, jelly, marmalade, chewing gum, and low sugar/calorie gels.
- On the basis of form, the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market is segmented into gel, powder, granules, and others. In 2022, the powder segment is expected to dominate the market due to easy to use nature of powder form and maintain as compared to other form food thickeners.
- On the basis of nature, the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market is segmented into GMO and non-GMO. In 2022, non-GMO segment is expected to dominate the market due to the growing demand for organic, naturally grown foods.
- On the basis of source, the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market is segmented into plant-based, animal-based, marine, and microbial. In 2022, the plant-based segment is expected to dominate the market due to the growing popularity of plant-based food thickeners such as starch that are extracted from grains such as corn, wheat, or rice and root vegetables such as potato, cassava, and arrowroot.
- On the basis of application, the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market is segmented into food and beverage. In 2022, the food segment is expected to dominate the market due to a rise in the benefits associated with the product offering more than just thickening capabilities.
Middle East and Africa Food Thickeners Market Country Level Analysis
The Middle East and Africa food thickeners market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by the type, form, nature, source, and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market report are South Africa, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E, Kuwait, and Rest of the Middle East and Africa.
South Africa is expected to dominate the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market owing to rising disposable incomes coupled with changing lifestyles due to rapid urbanization.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of the Middle East and Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Strategic Activities by Major Market Players to Enhance the Awareness for Food thickeners is Boosting the Market Growth of Middle East and Africa Food Thickeners Market
The Middle East and Africa Food thickeners market also provide you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in a particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players' strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historical period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and the Middle East and Africa Food Thickeners Market Share Analysis
Middle East and Africa food thickeners market competitive landscape provide details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points are only related to the company's focus on the Middle East and Africa Food thickeners market.
Some of the major players operating in the Middle East and Africa food thickeners market are Ingredion Incorporated, Cargill, Incorporated, CP Kelco U.S., Inc., Tate & Lyle, DuPont Nutrition Bioscience ApS, Ashland, ADM, Jungbunzlauer Suisse AG, Deosen Biochemical (Ordos) Ltd., GELITA AG, Solvay, VIKAS WSP LTD., DSM, Medline Industries, LP, Kent Precision Foods Group, Inc., HL Agro Products Pvt. Ltd., Emsland Group, among other domestic players.
DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches are also initiated by companies worldwide, which also accelerates the Middle East and Africa Food thickeners market.
- In January 2021, Tate & Lyle expanded its line of tapioca-based starches. The expansion includes the launch of new REZISTA MAX thickening starches and BRIOGEL gelling starches. This has helped the company to widen its product portfolio
- In May 2019, Bioriginal introduced a new product named XanFlax, which is a natural thickening agent that can be used as a non-GMO replacement for xanthan gum in a variety of food applications
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player enhance the company's footprints in the Middle East and Africa Food thickeners market, which also benefits the organization's profit growth.
Customization Available : Middle East and Africa Food Thickeners Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.