Middle East and Africa Lithium Ion Battery Market, By Type (Lithium Cobalt Oxide (LCO), Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO), Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LI-NMC), Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP), Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide (NCA) and Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO)}, Component (Anode, Cathode, Separator and Electrolytic), Power Capacity (Below 3000 mAh, 3000 mAh to 10000 mAh, 10000 mAh to 60000 mAh and Above 60000 mAh), Product (Cell, Module, Pack and Energy Storage System (ESS), Vertical (Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Construction, Power, Telecom, Marine and Others), Country (South Africa, UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Rest of Middle East and Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Lithium ion battery market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 12.6% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 3,203.01 million by 2027. Increasing requirement of lithium ion batteries in medical devices is increasing the growth of the market.
Middle East and Africa has many developing regions where the construction is at peak and cities are developing at larger rate. This leads in high requirement of industrial and construction tools which uses lithium ion battery for source of energy acting as a major factor for growth of the market.
Lithium ion battery comprises of lithium ions which moves from negative electrode to the positive electrode through the electrolyte during charging and moves backwards at the time of charging. These batteries are rechargeable and commonly used in consumer electronics and automobiles. It consists of four components cathode, anode, separator and electrolyte. Anode helps in storing and releasing of lithium ions from cathode, enabling the pass of current through an external circuit.
Growing adoption of cordless power tools is increasing the demand for lithium ion battery globally. Growing demand for smart devices and wearable is boosting the growth of lithium ion battery market. Safety issues related to storage, usage and transportation of lithium ion batteries is acting as major restraining factor for the lithium ion battery market
This lithium ion battery market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Lithium ion battery market is segmented into type, component, power capacity, product and vertical. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into lithium cobalt oxide (LCO), lithium manganese oxide (LMO), lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (LI-NMC), lithium iron phosphate (LFP), lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide (NCA) and lithium titanate oxide (LTO). In 2020, lithium cobalt oxide (LCO) holds largest market share in type segment as it has wide applications in the consumer electronics; however lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (Li-NMC) is growing at higher rate owing to rising applications in EV batteries.
- On the basis of component, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into anode, cathode, separator and electrolytic. In 2020, anode dominates the component segment and expected to grow at higher rate due to its non-plating properties and over dimensioned capacity.
- On the basis of power capacity, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into below 3000 mAh, 3000 mAh to 10000 mAh, 10000 mAh to 60000 mAh and above 60000 mAh. In 2020, 3000 mAh to 10000 mAh accounts for largest market share in power capacity segment as this range is widely used in consumer electronics; however 10000 mAh to 60000 mAh is expected to grow at higher rate as batteries are getting compact for higher applications such as electric vehicle.
- On the basis of product, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into cell, module, pack and energy storage system (ESS). In 2020, product segment is dominated by cell as it is widely used for residential, commercial and industrial purpose at large scale.
- On the basis of vertical, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into automotive, consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, industrial, construction, power, telecom, marine and others. In 2020, consumer electronics dominates the vertical segment and expected to grow at greater pace as consumer electronics has high usage of batteries in electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
Middle East and Africa Lithium Ion Battery Market Country Level Analysis
Lithium ion battery market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, component, power capacity, product and vertical.
The countries covered in the Middle East and Africa lithium ion battery market report are South Africa, UAE, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Israel and rest of Middle East and Africa.
Israel is dominating in the Middle East and Africa lithium ion battery market as the country has high demand of industrial tools increasing the demand of lithium ion batteries.
The country section of the Middle East and Africa lithium ion battery market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Lithium Ion Batteries
Middle East and Africa lithium ion battery market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for lithium ion battery market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the lithium ion battery market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Middle East and Africa Lithium Ion Battery Market Share Analysis
Lithium ion battery market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Middle East and Africa lithium ion battery market.
The major players covered in the Middle East and Africa lithium ion battery market report are Saft (A Subsidiary of Total), Shenzhen A&S Power Technology Co., Ltd., LITHIUMWERKS, Panasonic Corporation, Dalian CBAK Power Battery Co., Ltd and TOSHIBA CORPORATION, among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In September 2020, Saft joined hands with Groupe PSA to develop and produce lithium-ion batteries for automotive vehicles. A research and development center has been opened at Bordeaux and a pilot site has been opened in Nersac (France) for the development of new high-performance lithium-ion technologies. The completion of R&D will result in the opening of two mass production gigafactories in Douvrin (France) and Kaiserslautern (Germany). The project is funded by French and German public authorities representing USD 1.51 billion. The new venture will create new growth for the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for lithium ion battery through expanded range of products in the market.
Customization Available: Middle East and Africa Lithium Ion Battery Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.