Middle East & Africa Pathogen Detection Market By Type (Products, Services), Consistency (Solid Media, Liquid Media), Culture Media (Chemical Composition, Synthetic Media), Contaminant Type (Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria, Campylobacter, Clostridium Perfringens, Pseudomonas, Cronobacter, Coliforms, Legionella, Others), Total Count (Spoiling Organisms, Yeast & Moulds, Others), Food Type (Meat & Poultry, Processed Food, Fruits & Vegetables, Dairy, Cereals & Grains, Beverage, Water, Pharma Drugs, Others), Technology (Rapid, Traditional, Other Molecular-Based Tests), Customer Type (Service Lab, Industry, Governmental/Non-Profit Organization), Application (Food Safety, Diagnostics, Pathology , Forensics, Clinical Research, Drug Discovery), End User (Food Industry, Pathology Laboratories, Diagnostic Centers, Hospitals, Service Labors (Food and Water), Biotechnology Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Culture Collection Repositories, Cooling Towers, Blood Banks, Others ), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales),Country (South Africa, U.A.E, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt and Rest of Middle East & Africa), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027.
Market Analysis and Insights: Middle East and Africa Pathogen Detection Market
Pathogen detection market is expected to gain growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 6.9% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027and expected to reach USD 339.62 million by 2027. Rising cases of food borne diseases have impacted towards the detection of various infectious diseases accelerating the growth of pathogen detection market.
Growth in the food borne diseases among African region and concern in terms of food safety by the food and beverages vendor to fulfil the requirement of associated government regulation have rose the growth of pathogen testing products and services market in Middle East & African region. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) approximately 91 million population fall ill due to food borne cases, in which 70% are Diarrhoeal diseases caused by food burden caused by Salmonella, and E-coli among other pathogens.
This Pathogen Detection Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Middle East and Africa Pathogen Detection Market Scope and Market Size
Pathogen detection market is segmented on the basis of type, consistency, culture media, contaminant type, total count, food type, technology, customer type, application, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of contaminant type, the market is segmented into E. coli, salmonella, listeria, campylobacter, pseudomonas, cronobacter, coliforms, legionella, clostridium perfringens and others. In 2020, salmonella segment dominating pathogen detection market with the highest market share and CAGR as the majorly food borne diseases are caused due to salmonella and Ecoli. For Instance, according to the World Health Organization (WHO) approximately 91 million population fall ill due to food borne cases, in which 70% are Diarrhoeal diseases caused by food burden caused by Salmonella, and E-coli among other and other pathogens.
- On the basis of total count, the market is segmented into yeast & moulds, spoiling organisms and others. In 2020, the spoiling organisms segment leading the pathogen detection with the highest market share and CAGR as E-coli and salmonella major spoilage organisms as Non-typhoidal Salmonella is considered as leading causes of foodborne disease worldwide and WHO estimated that annual rate of non-typhoidal salmonellosis is approximately 78.7million foodborne illnesses with salmonella.
- On the basis of food type, the market is segmented into meat & poultry, dairy, processed food, fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, beverage, water, pharma drugs and others. In 2020, the meat & poultry segment leading the pathogen testing with the highest market share and CAGR as in Middle East & Africa meat based products are majorly preferred amongst population and salmonella refer in the spoilage of surface of meat based products due to their nutritional composition.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into products and services. In 2020, the product segment is dominating the market and growing with the highest CAGR as growing as the majority of the companies offers wide range of pathogen detection products including PCR, ELISA and other rapid detection associated with the latest technology have led the growth of products in forecasted period.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into traditional, rapid and other molecular-based tests. In 2020, rapid segment is dominating and growing with the highest CAGR due to the growing food borne diseases among African population with Salmonella and E-Coli bacteria have raised the adoption of rapid based technology to ensure the result within 4 to 5 hours, hence due to their accuracy the market is growing with the highest CAGR.
- On the basis of consistency, the market is segmented into solid media and liquid media. In 2020, solid media have secured highest market share as the media are enriched with the nutrients to culture the specific pathogens such as Salmonella, E-coli among other and due to their convince in handling the solid media is majorly preferred for research oriented programs.
- On the basis of culture media, the market is segmented into chemical composition and synthetic media. In 2020, chemical composition segment is have secured the highest market share are selective media enriched with the nutrient composition to culture the infection causing pathogen in food and beverages culture to grow the pathogen and their accuracy and consistency have led to their major application in pathogen detection market.
- On the basis of customer type, the market is segmented into service lab, industry and governmental/non-profit organization. In 2020, service lab segment is dominating the market as growing expansion of the food safety laboratories involved in detection of containments in food products such as Listeria have owe to lead the market.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into food safety, diagnostics, pathology, clinical research, forensics and drug discovery. In 2020, food safety segment have secured highest market share as the growing government concern in term of food safety for the consumable food products such as meat, pork, processed food have grown to adopt the devices for clinical tests of food to meet the regulatory frame work.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into diagnostic centers, pathology laboratories, hospitals, blood banks, pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, service labors (food and water), food industry, cooling towers, culture collection repositories and others. In 2020, food industry segment have secured the highest market share growing food safety concern have led the processed the food manufacturers to provide containment food with the labelling and owing to the growth of pathogen detection market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2020, direct tender segment is dominating and growing with the highest CAGR due to the major of the devices and culture media is distributed through the direct tenders as that reduces the cost of indirect retailing.
Pathogen Detection Market Country Level Analysis
Pathogen detection market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, consistency, culture media, contaminant type, total count, food type, technology, customer type, application, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the pathogen detection market report are South Africa, U.A.E., Saudi Arabia, Israel, Egypt and rest of Middle East & Africa in Middle East & Africa.
Pathogen detection market is South Africa is dominating the market due to the initiatives taken by the service providers engaged in food testing services market their products in Middle East region. As in the African region, the high prevalence of food borne diseases have raise the concern amongst government authority and establishment of the services for food safety have led the growth of Middle East & African region in coming year. For instance, In January 2018, Dubai Central Lab a major food service testing providers have introduced three services for testing different food products which will include testing of various pathogens such as salmonella, Listeria and E. coli using a new molecular detection technique to provide accurate result within a limited time duration.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in Utilization of Clinical Laboratories
Pathogen detection market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for pathogen detection market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in food safety regulatory scenarios and their impact on the pathogen detection market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Pathogen Detection Market Share Analysis
Pathogen detection market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to pathogen detection market.
The major players covered in the report are Merck KGaA, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., bioMérieux SA, Agilent Technologies, Inc., BD, SA, SGS SA, Bureau Veritas, Intertek Group plc, Eurofins Scientific, Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation, and ALS Limited, Inc, among other domestic and global players. Pathogen detection market share data is available for Global, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa and South America separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments, partnership are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are accelerating the pathogen detection market.
- In September 2017, BD and Euroclone introduced an assay BD MAX System for detection of sexually transmitted pathogens. Through this, the customer in will receive better diagnosis and therapy. BD will benefit its customers by providing services which will further enhance its brand image.
- In January 2017, Merck KGaA acquired BioControl Systems Inc., which is a leader in food safety testing. This service is going to offer customers a complete solution through its validated kits and innovative assays for testing of food pathogen. Merck KGaA got benefitted by adding and expanding its products in food pathogen testing globally.
Customization Available : Middle East and Africa Pathogen Detection Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.