North America Cannabis Seeds Market, By Seed Type (Feminized Seeds, Autoflowering Seeds and Regular Seeds), Strain (Indica, Hybrid and Sativa), Compound (THC Dominant, CBD Dominant and Balanced THC & CBD), Category (Inorganic and Organic), Distribution Channel (Store Based Retailing and Online/E-Commerce Retailing), Type of Vendors (Resellers, Seed Manufacturing Companies and Breeders), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
The cannabis seeds market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 14.5% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 245.86 thousands by 2027.
Highly legalized region and demand for the cannabis seeds are high hence revenue generation is also high which is helping the market to grow in the region.
The cannabis seeds market is growing tremendously in the U.S. with the legalization of cannabis in 33 out of 50 states. The cannabis seeds are instrumental to the type of cannabis plants grown. These seeds can be of various types, including regular, auto-flower and feminized depending on the type of plant to be grown. Various seedbanks have been established in the countries such as U.S. to distribute cannabis seeds in local territories such as Dinafem Seeds Cannabis Seeds USA, among others. The breeding of strains is done to produce the desired quality of strains. The cannabis seeds have two very important chemicals in them namely, Cannabidiol (CBD) which is non-psychoactive element and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is the psychoactive element. Depending on them there are two seed varieties which are Cannabidiol (CBD) and Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) dominant.
This cannabis seeds market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Cannabis seeds market is segmented into four notable segments which are bifurcated on the basis of seed type, strain, compound, category, distribution channel and type of vendor. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of seed type, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into regular seeds, feminized seeds and autoflowering seeds. In 2020, feminized seeds segment is dominating the market as the demand for the is seed type in market among grower is high due to high production of THC and CBD compounds which plays an important role for medicinal or recreational purposes.
- On the basis of strain, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into indica, hybrid and sativa. In 2020, Indica segment is dominating the market as the preference for Indica dominant is high in the market. It decreases nausea, help treat acute pain, reduce anxiety and help in combating seizures.
- On the basis of compound, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into THC dominant, CBD dominant and balanced THC & CBD. In 2020, the THC segment is dominating as the demand for the seeds with THC compound is high. THC compound activate the psychoactive and helps patient to take relief.
- On the basis of category, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into inorganic and organic. In 2020, inorganic segment is dominating as high medicinal properties of cannabis such as relief in pain, anxiety, stress, mental disorders, among others booted the overall cannabis sector. Whereas, growing demand of the clean labeled CBD based food and beverages and rising awareness towards the same have boosted the market opportunity for organic based Cannabis.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into store based retailing and online/e-commerce retailing. In 2020, store based retailing segment is Store based retailing aids in assuring loyalty as sales representative can convey features and quality associated with products through personal interaction with their customers. Moreover, it helps customers to understand more about the product and thus enables better and more informed purchase decision.
- On the basis of type of vendors, the cannabis seeds market is segmented into resellers, breeders and seeds manufacturing companies. In 2020, resellers segment is dominating the market as they are the major type of vendor which is highly engaged in selling product (cannabis seeds) from a variety of companies. They collect variety of cannabis seeds from different banks in order to provide in the market and their majority is high in market.
Cannabis Seeds Market Country Level Analysis
Cannabis seeds market is analysed and market size information is provided by seed type, strain, compound, category, distribution channel and type of vendor.
The countries covered in the cannabis seeds market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
United States have comprised the highest market share as approximately in 45 states of the USA have legalized the utilization of the cannabis based products and seeds.
The country section of the cannabis seeds market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Competitive Landscape and Cannabis Seeds Market Share Analysis
Cannabis seeds market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, regional presence, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product width and breadth, application dominance. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to cannabis seeds market.
The major players covered in the report are Seed Cellar, HUMBOLDT SEED COMPANY, BARNEY'S FARM, CANNABIS SEEDS USA, Dinafem Seeds, Tropical Seeds Co., Sweet Seeds, Serious Seeds, Sensi Seeds, Green House Seed Co., I Love Growing Marijuana, Pyramid Seeds, Seeds For Me, DeliciousSeeds, Christiania Seeds, Nymera, Royal Queen Seeds, Dutch Passion, Paradise Seeds B.V., Amsterdammarijuanaseeds, and Crop King Seeds, among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
- In January 2020, Christiania Seeds added a new category called buddha seeds into their product portfolio. This has helped by widening the product portfolio and therefore the revenue has increased.
Customization Available : North America Cannabis Seeds Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.