Dermal fillers Market, By Type (Semi-Permanent Dermal Filler, Permanent Dermal Filler), Product Type (Biodegradable Dermal Fillers, Non-Biodegradable Dermal Fillers ), Material Type (Natural Dermal Fillers, Synthetic Dermal Fillers), Drug Type (Branded, Generic), Application (Facial Line Correction, Wrinkles, Face Lift, Lip Enhancement, Scar Treatment, Rhinoplasty, Sagging Skin, Cheek Depression, Dentistry, Reconstructive Surgery, Aesthetic Restoration, Others), End User (Dermatology Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Hospitals, others), Distribution Channel (Drug Stores, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacies), Country (U.S., Mexico, Canada) - Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Dermal fillers Market
North America dermal fillers market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 10.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 2,510.78 million by 2027. Increasing prevalence of facial soft tissue trauma and strong research and development in dermal fillers are the factors for the market growth.
Dermal fillers are ingredients especially designed to be injected in the underneath the skin to provide fullness and volume. The substances which are used in dermal fillers include hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite (a mineral-like compound found in bones), polyalkylimide, polylactic acid, polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (PMMA). Dermal fillers are classified on the bases of numerous criteria, including deep dermis, depth of implantation (a superficial middermis and upper, and subcutaneous levels), longevity of correction (temporary and permanent), allergenicity, composition of the agent (allografts, semi/fully synthetic, xenografts, or autologous), and stimulatory behaviour (physiologic processes of endogenous tissue proliferation) versus replacement fillers (space-replacing effect).
Increased number of dermal fillers as compared to the past few years will accelerate the market growth. Rising demand for anti-aging therapeutics in North America is increasing demand of dermal fillers for instance according to anti-aging international academy (AIAA) the dermal fillers anti-aging market has reached USD 27,500.00 million in 2018 and according to the American society for aesthetic plastic surgery people aged 35 or more have accounted for 79.2% cosmetic procedures out of total cosmetic procedures in 2018. Increasing number of facial volume replacement and enhancement procedures is also expected to contribute in growth of dermal fillers dermal filler market. Stringent regulation, guidelines, standards for dermal fillers is hampering the dermal fillers market growth; which further creates new opportunities for dermal fillers as stringent regulatory procedures is leading development of novel therapeutics. Such policies support dermal fillers market growth in the forecast period to 2027.
This dermal fillers market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Dermal Fillers Market Scope and Market Size
Dermal fillers market is segmented on the basis of type, product type, material type, drug type, application, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into semi-permanent dermal filler, permanent dermal filler. Semi-permanent dermal filler is dominating in the dermal filler market because these products are considered as safe which provides very less or minimal side effects. The commonly used dermal fillers such as hyaluronic acid, calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) and other fillers fall in this category.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into biodegradable dermal fillers, non-biodegradable dermal fillers. Biodegradable dermal fillers are dominating in the dermal filler market as these products have bio-absorbent properties. These products easily absorbed in the body over a certain period of time and cause very less side effects.
- On the basis of material type, the market is segmented into natural dermal fillers and synthetic dermal fillers. Natural fillers contain the commonly known hyaluronic acid and others that have minor possibilities of allergic reaction and side effects can be easily removed once the filler removal. Due to all these reasons natural dermal fillers dominate in the dermal filler market.
- On the basis of drug type, the market is segmented into branded, generic. Branded segment dominates in the as extremely competitive markets are inhibiting the generic version of drugs from developing and physicians prescribes the branded drugs owing to high incentives of the product. For instance, Juvederm brand (an Allergan product) in U.S. alone holds almost USD 620 million in 2019.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into facial line correction, face lift, scar treatment, lip enhancement, wrinkles, sagging skin, rhinoplasty, cheek depression, dentistry, reconstructive surgery, aesthetic restoration, others. The expansion of the worldwide geriatric population seeking anti-aging and wrinkle treatment will be a factor providing high impact for segment development. Rapid demand for multiple aesthetic enhancement processes will further support the facial line improvement segment development in the forecasted period.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into dermatology clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, hospitals and others. The increasing demand for facial filler in dermal clinics can be attributed to the availability of specialized and affordable treatment options. Based on data from the American Med Spa association, facial filler among the top three revenue-generating therapies in the US, such factors would highly impact sectional growth.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into retail pharmacy, drug stores and online pharmacies. Drug stores are growing rapidly owing to easy accessibility as compared to other distribution channels and more number of drugs is procured in direct and bulk form.
Dermal Fillers Market Country Level Analysis
Dermal fillers market is analysed and market size information is provided by type, product type, material type, drug type, application, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the dermal fillers market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
In North America dermal fillers market, U.S. is growing due to growing popularity of non-surgical or minimally invasive aesthetics procedures which are expected to grow at the significant growth rate in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. For Instance, according to American society for aesthetic plastic surgery hyaluronic acid procedures has grown to 27.9% in 2018 from 2014.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of dermal fillers brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Awareness for the Cosmetic Procedures is Creating New Opportunities for Dermal Fillers Manufacturers in North America Dermal Fillers Market
North America dermal fillers market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for dermal fillers market, advancement in the dermal fillers and changes in regulatory scenarios and their impact on the dermal fillers market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Dermal fillers Market Share Analysis
Dermal fillers market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, dermal fillers presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to dermal fillers market.
The major players covered in the report are Suneva Medical, Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Merz Pharma, Allergan, Prollenium Medical Technologies, Contura Ltd., among other players in domestic and dermal fillers. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the dermal fillers dermal fillers market.
- In September 2019, Allergan received the U.S. FDA approval for the usage of juvéderm voluma XC, hyaluronic acid gel dermal filler, with TSK steriglide cheek boost cannula to address age-related volume deficiency in the center of the face in adults over 21 years of age. The product approval will increase usage of juvéderm voluma XC as the dermatologists will be able to tailor approach for treatment for each patient with safety and will be able to achieve desired outcomes.
- In October 2019, Galderma laboratories, L.P. have launched seven new clinical studies to improve the beauty field. Research and development and are eager to share results relevant to several clinical studies promoting our aesthetic portfolio at the ASDS meeting where the product roadmap is set to deliver aesthetic innovations to address rising patient needs and help drive business growth.
- In April 2019, Merz pharma has launched the newest addition to the belotero revive in portfolio of dermal filler to improve hydration, elasticity and firmness of the skin, and react to the incidence of finer lines. With the new launch the company is targeting new customers concentrate particularly on consistency of the skin and the elimination of early signs of ageing and appreciates skin care and cosmetic approaches that deliver natural results.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for dermal fillers.
Customization Available : North America Dermal fillers Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.