North America Enteral Feeding Formula Market, By Product (Standard Formulas, Disease Specific), Application (Critical Care, Gastroenterology, Oncology, Neurology, Diabetes, Others), Type of Tube Feeding (Gastric Tube Feeding, Nasogastric Tube Feeding, Gastrotomy Tube Feeding, Duodenal or Jejunal Tube Feeding), Stage (Adult, Pediatric), End User (Hospitals, Long Term Care Facilities), Country (Germany, U.S., Canada and Mexico)– Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026The Enteral Tube Feeding is used in the administration of nutrients via intestine or stomach through tubes and this is applicable for those patients who are unable to meet the requirements of the nutrients or unable to consume nutrients orally. Various types of tubes are available for the enteral formula feeding such as, nasojejunal tube, nasogastric tube, gastrostomy and jejunostomy.
These different routes which are used in the administration of the required nutrients are cost effective, safe and also an alternative option for invasive method. This method is mainly preferred by the patients dealing with malnutrition due to eating disorders such as dysphagia, anorexia nervosa, stomach infections and others.
The formula, which is enrooted in the body, is majorly the composition of various minerals and proteins such as fibers, vitamins, protein and others for the patients who has lactose tolerance, surgical trauma, burns, ulcers and other disorders.
North America enteral feeding formula market is expected to reach a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
Market Segmentation: North America Enteral Feeding Formula Market
North America enteral feeding market is segmented into five notable segments which are product, application, type of tube feeding, stag and end user.
- On the basis of product, the market is segmented into standard formulas and disease specific. Standard formulas are further sub segmented into monomeric and polymeric. Disease specific Standard formulas segment is further sub segmented into diabetic formulas, renal formulas, hepatic formulas, pulmonary formulas and others. In 2019, standard formulas segment is growing with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In October 2017, Real Food Blends announced the launch of New Breakfast Meal Featuring Eggs, Apples & Oats. This meal is available for the people who cannot eat orally. The launch of the product provides high nutrition profile to the consumers.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into critical care, gastroenterology, oncology, neurology, diabetes and others. In 2019, critical care segment is growing with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In October 2016, Global Health Products, Inc. launched LiquaCel watermelon flavoured with a great enhanced taste and protein in low volume.
- On the basis of type of tube feeding, the market is segmented into gastric tube feeding, nasogastric tube feeding, gastrotomy tube feeding and duodenal or jejunal tube feeding. In 2019, gastric tube feeding segment is growing with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In September 2018, Group Danone announced the launch of a new product named OpTri bottle, which is a new concept of tube feeding and can be used for the Ultra High Temperature (UHT) treatment. This will enable to provide high nutrition blends to the patients in a convenient manner.
- On the basis of stage, the market is segmented into two segments adult and pediatric. In 2019, adult segment is growing with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In February 2017, B. Braun Melsungen AG announced the release of new parenteral nutrition program, PN360 which is designed to improve neonatal, pediatric and adult patient outcomes.
- In June 2018, Group Danone introduced OpTri bottle and a pouch of the new tubing which is convenient for tube feeding packaging. This product represents the coming next generation tube feed packaging and helps to hold it like a pouch by the patients.
- On the basis of end-user, the market is segmented into hospitals and long term care facilities. The long term facilities are further sub-segmented into home care agencies and hospices, nursing homes and assisted living facilities. In 2019, hospitals segment is growing with the highest CAGR in the forecast period of 2019 to 2026.
- In April 2018, Real Food Blends announced the launch of The RD Hub on their website. This RD Hub will provide the consumer the full nutritional value and ingredients of the product offered by the company.
Competitive Analysis: North America Enteral Feeding Formula Market
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are Abbott, Nestle, Meiji Holdings Co., Ltd, B. Braun Melsungen Ag, Danone Nutricia, Fresenius Se & Co. Kgaa, Global Health Products, Inc, Hormel Foods, LLC, Mead Johnson & Company, LLC, Medline Industries, Inc , Medtrition, Inc, Nutritional Medicinals, LLC, Real Food Blends and VICTUS and others.
Research Methodology: North America Enteral Feeding Formula Market
Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s): Manufacturers, Healthcare Professionals, Industrial Researchers, Product Manufacturers, Sales Managers, Chief Level Executives