North America Herpes Market, By Virus Type (Herpes Simplex and Herpes Zoster), Product (Acyclovir, Docosanol, Valacyclovir, Famciclovir and Others), Drug Type (Prescription Drug and Over-the-counter Drug), Age (Adult and Pediatrics), Route Of Administration (Topical, Oral, and Parenteral), Distribution Channel (Hospitals Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Drug Stores, Online Pharmacies, and Others), End Users (Hospitals, Speciality Clinics, and Others) Country (U.S., Canada, and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
North America herpes market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with a CAGR of 7.5% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 774.17 million by 2028 from USD 453.34 million in 2020. Rising prevalence of herpes infections and increasing geriatric population are major drivers, which are expected to the growth of the market in the forecast period.
A growing number of people are affected with by the herpes simplex virus, which demands highly effective and advanced anti-herpetic treatment to minimize the risk during the treatment. The healthcare systems need highly advanced drugs for numerous different types of herpes during the treatment of patients. Therefore, major market players are highly focusing on product launches and product approvals. Additionally, governments and regulatory bodies are supporting market players by virtue of product approvals.
Rising prevalence of herpes diseases and increase in health expenditure across regions have accelerated the need for anti-herpetic drugs in healthcare facilities, which is driving the growth of the North America herpes market. In addition, surging volume of geriatric people is further propelling the market growth. However, high cost of anti-herpetic medicines and product recalls are anticipated to hinder market growth in the projected period. On the other hand, strategic initiatives by market players and soaring number of anti-herpetic drugs manufacturers act as an opportunity for this market and is expected to impel the market growth. However, disruption in supply chain of herpes drugs and injections during covid-19 and lack of workforce in pharma industries are key challenges for this market.
The North America herpes market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyzes opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an analyst brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The North America herpes market is segmented on the basis of virus type, product, drug type, age, route of administration, distribution channel, and end users. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of virus type, the North America herpes market is segmented into herpes simplex and herpes zoster. In 2021, herpes simplex segment is expected to dominate the market due to rise in herpes infections and STD awareness in the region.
- On the basis of product, the North America herpes market is segmented into acyclovir, docosanol, valacyclovir, famciclovir, and others. In 2021, acyclovir segment is expected to dominate the market because of growing awareness among people and rising healthcare expenditure, which has led to increased sales of this product.
- On the basis of drug type, the North America herpes market is segmented into prescription drug and over-the-counter drug. In 2021, prescription drug segment is expected to dominate the market as it suppresses herpes recurrences by 70%–80%.
- On the basis of age, the North America herpes market is segmented into adult and pediatrics. In 2021, adult segment is expected to dominate the market owing to rising geriatric population due to increasing life expectancy of people.
- On the basis of route of administration, the North America herpes market is segmented into topical, oral, and parenteral. In 2021, topical segment is expected to dominate the market as it speeds up the healing and decreases symptoms.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the North America herpes market is segmented into hospitals pharmacies, retail pharmacies, drug stores, online pharmacies, and others. In 2021, hospital pharmacies segment is expected to dominate the market owing to several major players in the market.
- On the basis of end users, the North America herpes market is segmented into hospital, speciality clinics, and others. In 2021, hospitals segment is expected to dominate the market due to growing awareness among people about herpes treatment.
North America Herpes Market Country Level Analysis
The North America herpes market is analyzed and market size information is provided based on virus type, product, drug type, age, route of administration, distribution channel, and end users. Countries covered in the North America herpes market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
North America is expected to dominate the North America herpes market due to increasing prevalence of herpes in the region. The U.S. is dominating the market and leading the growth in the North America herpes market due to rising herpes infections in the country.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising healthcare expenditure and high prevalence of herpes infections in the North America are creating new opportunities for players in the North America herpes market
Herpes simplex segment in the U.S. is expected to grow with the highest rate and it is dominating the North America region in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because of rising prevalence of herpes infections.
North America herpes market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with the North America herpes market sales, impact of advancement in the North America herpes market and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the North America herpes market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and North America herpes market Share Analysis
North America herpes market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America herpes market.
Major players covered in the report are Abbott, Apotex, Inc., Avet Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Bausch Health Companies, Inc. Cipla, Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., EPI Health, Fresenius Kabi AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Glenmark Pharmaceutical Inc., USA, Maruho Co.,Ltd., Mylan N.V., Pfizer Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Zydus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., RECORDATI S.p.A., Aurobindo Pharma, Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC, Slavia Pharm S.R.L., and Blistex, Inc., among other domestic and North America players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are further accelerating the growth of the North America herpes market.
- In November 2019, Mylan N.V. announced collaboration with Upjohn, a division of Pfizer, the new company formed would be named Viatris. The merger of both the companies to develop a combined firm has expanded its product portfolio leading to increased demand for its product in the market.
- In September 2018, Avet Pharmaceuticals Inc. announced immediate availability of Acyclovir 200 mg Capsules. This launch enhanced Avet’s broad portfolio of generic oral solid products. This new drug launched by the company has increased its sales in the market, leading to increased revenue in the future.
Customization Available: North America Herpes Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.