North America Infection Control Market, By Product (Sterilization Products, Cleaning and Disinfection Products, Personal Protective Barriers, Endoscope Reprocessing Products, AntiMicrobial Surfaces and Other Infection Control Products), Application (Surgical Instruments, Endoscopes, Ultrasound Probes and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales and Third Party Distributors), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Medical Device Companies, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies, Laboratories and Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
North America infection control market is expected to reach USD 24,811.29 Million by 2027, from USD 9,542.66 Million in 2019 growing at the CAGR of 13.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 13.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 24,811.29 million by 2027 from USD 9,542.66 million in 2019.
The increasing infectious diseases in North America and increasing R&D expenditure are some of the factors which are aiding to the growth of the market.
Infection control is a process to stop or prevent the spread of infections in the healthcare industry. Infection control is an activity process for eliminating the microorganisms from all types of surfaces as well as from the objects. This is a process which makes suitable for the human to avoid contamination as well as the spread of diseases. Infection control is a scientific approach which is designed to prevent the harm caused by infection to the patients as well as health workers. Infection control is required to prevent the transmission of communicable diseases in all health care settings. It can be termed as a set of standard recommendations which is used to reduce the risk of transmission of infectious agents from body fluids or environmental surfaces which contain infectious agents.
Infection control market has increased with increased advancement in third generation sequencing as compared to the past few years and increasing prevalence of degenerative bone diseases.
Currently various research studies are taking place which is expected to create a competitive advantage for manufacturers to develop new and innovative new infection control products and expected to provide various other opportunities in the infection control market. However, concerns regarding the safety of reprocessed instruments are expected to restraint the market growth.
The infection control market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America infection control market is segmented on the basis of product, application, distribution channel and end-user.The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product, the North America infection control market is segmented into sterilization products, cleaning and disinfection products, personal protective barriers, endoscope reprocessing products, antimicrobial surfaces and other infection control products. In 2020, sterilization products segment hold the highest market share due to the growing need to reduce surgical site infections (ISO), strict sterilization rules, and the extensive use of sterilizers in various applications such as sterilization of medical devices, sterilization of food and beverages, pharmaceutical sterilization and sterilization in the life sciences industry.
- On the basis of application, the North America infection control market is segmented into surgical instruments, endoscopes, ultrasound probes and others. In 2020, surgical instruments segment has been accounted for the largest share of infection control market. The increasing prevalence and burden of HAIs and chronic diseases, the growing geriatric population and the increasing number of surgeries are the main factors driving the use of surgical instruments, which has spurred the demand for effective cleaning and disinfection.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the North America infection control market is segmented into direct tender, retail sales and third party distributors. In 2020, the direct tender segment dominates the infection control market because direct tenders have the largest market share as most of the service providers purchase the devices from the manufacturers, and noticed that direct sales revenues are higher which is influential and growing in the infection control market.
- On the basis of end-user, the North America infection control market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, medical device companies, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, laboratories and others. In 2020, the overall demand for infection control in hospitals is growing rapidly mainly due to the increase in the prevalence of HAI and the increase in the geriatric population as this segment of the population is more susceptible to various chronic diseases. The increasing number of surgeries is also contributing significantly to the growth of the infection control market for hospitals segment.
Infection Control Market Country Level Analysis
The North America infection control market is analysed and market size information is provided by product, application, distribution channel and end-user.
North America is leading the global market for virus control as the top market players expand their products and their virus transmission capabilities will help in continuing the partnerships that occupy the most populated region in the U.S., therefore the U.S. is dominating the region.
- The number of acquisitions and mergers in the U.S. has increased along with the time, the maximum numbers of developments were in year 1998, and that record was than broken in 2013 with 296 greater than 287 in 1998. The now number is expected to increase as with the pandemic across the region leading to more demand and consumption of the infection control kits, systems, among others.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Product Launch, Product Expansion in Infection Control is Creating New Opportunities for these Organizations in North America Infection Control Market
North America infection control market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in sequencing industry with infection control sales, impact of advancement in the infection control and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the infection control market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Infection control market Share Analysis
North America infection control market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to North America infection control market.
The major companies which are dealing in the infection control market are 3M, STERIS plc, Getinge AB, MMM Group, Cantel Medical, MATACHANA GROUP, Ecolab, Cardinal Health, Steelco S.p.A., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Metrex Research, LLC., Stryker, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Covalon Technologies Ltd., SKYTRON, LLC, Olympus Corporation of the Americas (A Subsidiary of Olympus Corporation), COLTENE Group, MELAG Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG and The Clorox Company, among others.
Many product launch and developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the North America infection control market.
- In June 2020, Ecolab received EPA approval for its laundry disinfectant and oxidizer named AdvaCare Disinfectant, emerging viral pathogen claim for use against SARS-CoV-21, the virus that causes COVID-19. This EPA approval received by the company will increased its market in future.
- In October 2019, Ecolab received the U.S. EPA approval for its product named OxyCide daily disinfectant cleaner for efficacy against Candida auris (C. auris), a fungal pathogen causing major health issues globally. This EPA approval received by the company increased the demand for its product in the market leading to increased sales in future.
Customization Available: North America Infection Control Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.