North America Lithium Ion Battery Market, By Type (Lithium Cobalt Oxide (LCO), Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO), Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LI-NMC), Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP), Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminum Oxide (NCA) and Lithium Titanate Oxide (LTO)), Component (Anode, Cathode, Electrolytic and Separator), Power Capacity (Below 3000 mAh, 3000 mAh to 10000 mAh, 10000 mAh to 60000 mAh and Above 60000 mAh), Product (Cell, Module, Pack and Energy Storage System (ESS)), Vertical (Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Aerospace and Defense, Industrial, Construction, Power, Telecom, Marine and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Lithium ion battery market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 15.4% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 19,282.94 million by 2027.
The increasing demand of smartphones and consumer electronics is boosting the growth of the market. The region has witnessed high growth in adoption of smartphones and other electronic devices due large number of manufacturers in the U.S. and other countries. The even has high demand of gaming accessories which uses lithium ion batteries for better performance.
Lithium ion battery comprises of lithium ions which moves from negative electrode to the positive electrode through the electrolyte during charging and moves backwards at the time of charging. These batteries are rechargeable and commonly used in consumer electronics and automobiles. It consists of four components cathode, anode, separator and electrolyte. Anode helps in storing and releasing of lithium ions from cathode, enabling the pass of current through an external circuit.
Cathode acts as a source of lithium ions which determines the capacity and average voltage of the battery. Electrolytic is basically the medium which helps in the movement of the ions. Separator basically helps in preventing the contact between the cathode and anode. Aluminum foils are used as a current collector for cathodes and copper foils are used as a current collector for anodes.
This lithium ion battery market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America lithium ion battery market is segmented into five notable segments which are type, component, power capacity, product and vertical.
- On the basis of type, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into lithium cobalt oxide (LCO), lithium manganese oxide (LMO), lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (LI-NMC), lithium iron phosphate (LFP), lithium nickel cobalt aluminum oxide (NCA) and lithium titanate oxide (LTO). In 2020, lithium cobalt oxide (LCO) holds largest market share in type segment due to its wide applications in consumer electronics; however lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide (Li-NMC) is growing at higher rate owing to rising applications in EV batteries.
- On the basis of component, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into anode, cathode, separator and electrolytic. In 2020, anode dominates the component segment and expected to grow at higher rate due to its non-plating properties and over dimensioned capacity.
- On the basis of power capacity, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into below 3000 mAh, 3000 mAh to 10000 mAh, 10000 mAh to 60000 mAh and above 60000 mAh. In 2020, 3000 mAh to 10000 mAh accounts for largest market share in power capacity segment as this range is widely used in consumer electronics; however 10000 mAh to 60000 mAh is expected to grow at higher rate as batteries are getting compact for higher applications such as electric vehicle.
- On the basis of product, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into cell, module, pack and energy storage system (ESS). In 2020, product segment is dominated by cell as it is widely used for residential, commercial and industrial purpose at large scale.
- On the basis of vertical, the lithium ion battery market is segmented into automotive, consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, industrial, construction, power, telecom, marine and others. In 2020, Consumer electronics dominates the vertical segment and expected to grow at greater pace as consumer electronics has high usage of batteries in electronic gadgets such as mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
Lithium Ion Battery Market Country Level Analysis
Lithium ion battery market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, component, power capacity, product and vertical.
The countries covered in Lithium Ion Battery market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico.
The U.S. dominates the North America lithium ion battery market as country has high usage of consumer electronics in the region; also rising EV sales in the country allows it to dominate the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Need of Lithium Ion Battery in Automotive Sector
Lithium ion battery market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in Lithium Ion Battery and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the Lithium Ion Battery market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Lithium Ion Battery Market Share Analysis
Lithium ion battery market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America lithium ion battery market.
The major players covered in the report are Saft (a subsidiary of Total), SAMSUNG SDI CO.,LTD., Lithium Energy Japan (a subsidiary of GS Yuasa International Ltd.), Tianjin Lishen Battery Co., Ltd., Shenzhen A&S Power Technology Co., Ltd., LITHIUMWERKS, GlobTek, Inc., BYD Company Ltd, Panasonic Corporation, LG Chem, VARTA Microbattery GmbH (a subsidiary of VARTA AG), Dalian CBAK Power Battery Co., Ltd, TOSHIBA CORPORATION, CALB USA Inc., Shenzhen BAK Technology Co., Ltd., Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Limited, A123 Systems LLC, Amperex Technology Limited (a subsidiary of TDK Corporation), XALT Energy, Leclanche among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of lithium ion battery market.
- In December 2019, XALT Energy launched XALT Battery Viewer (XBV) as a telematics system. The system is for battery-electric powertrains and can be used as a companion tool for the heavy-duty lithium-ion batteries. The new product increased the offerings of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for lithium ion battery.
Customization Available: North America Lithium Ion Battery Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.