North America Medical Device Sterilization Market, By Product (Instruments, Reagents and Services), By Technology (Thermal Sterilization, Ionizing Radiation Sterilization, Filtration Sterilization and Gas and chemical sterilization.), By End User (Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals, Clinics, Laboratories, Academic, and Research Institutes, Medical Device Manufacturers and Others), By Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders, Retail Sales and Third-Party Distributor) By Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
The North American medical device sterilization market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the North American medical device sterilization market is growing with a CAGR of 8.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 3,029.48 million by 2028 from USD 1,610.53 million in 2020. The rising prevalence of chronic diseases and escalation in the number of surgeries are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Sterilization refers to the statistically complete destruction of all microorganisms, inclusive of the most resistant bacteria and spores.
Sterilization destroys all microorganisms on the surface of an article or in a fluid to stave off disease transmission related to the usage of an item. At the same time, the use of insufficiently sterilized critical items indicates a high risk of transmitting pathogens. This is likely due to the broad margin of safety associated with the sterilization processes used in healthcare facilities. The different type of sterilizers used widely in healthcare facilities includes steam sterilization, flash sterilization, low-temperature sterilization technologies, ethylene oxide "gas" sterilization, hydrogen peroxide gas plasma, peracetic acid sterilization.
The North American medical device sterilization market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief. Our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The North American medical device sterilization market is segmented on the basis of product, technology, end-user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product, the North American medical device sterilization market is segmented into instruments, reagents, and services. In 2021, the instruments segment is expected to dominate the market due to the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases.
- On the basis of technology, the North American medical device sterilization market is segmented into thermal sterilization, ionizing radiation sterilization, filtration sterilization, and gas & chemical sterilization. In 2021, the thermal sterilization segment is expected to dominate the market because of the escalating number of surgeries and increasing healthcare expenditure.
- On the basis of end-users, the North American medical device sterilization market is segmented into pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, clinics, laboratories, academic and research institutes, medical device manufacturers, and others. In 2021, the hospital's segment is expected to dominate the market because of the rising demand for sterilizers in the healthcare sector.
- On the basis of distribution channels, the North American medical device sterilization market is segmented into direct tenders, retail sales, and third-party distributors. In 2021, the direct sales segment is expected to dominate the market because of the rising pool of the geriatric population.
North America Medical Device Sterilization Market Country Level Analysis
The North American medical device sterilization market is analysed, and market size information is provided by the product, technology, end-user, and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the medical device sterilization market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico
The U.S is dominating in the market and leading the growth in the North American market due to the rising geriatric population.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of North American brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Healthcare Expenditure and High Prevalence of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI's) in the North America Medical Device Sterilization Market is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the North America Medical Device Sterilization Market
North America medical device sterilization market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with the medical device sterilization market sales, impact of advancement in the North America medical device sterilization market and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the medical device sterilization market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Medical Device Sterilization Market Share Analysis
The medical device sterilization market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company's focus related to the medical device sterilization market.
The major players covered in the report are Getinge AB, Cardinal Health, STERIS, 3M, Biobase Biodusty (Shandong), Co., Ltd., Midmark Corporation, Merck KGaA, Dentsply Sirona, MATACHANA GROUP, SciCan Ltd., MELAG Medizintechnik GmbH & Co. KG, MMM Group, Sterigenics U.S., LLC, ASP, Tuttnauer, Steelco S.p.A., Belimed AG, Systec GmbH among others among other domestic and North American players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by companies worldwide which are also accelerating the medical device sterilization market.
- In January 2021, STERIS announced that it had completed the acquisition of Cantel Medical. Through this acquisition, STERIS complement and extend its product and service offerings, North America's reach, and customers. This acquisition has increased the sales and demands of the product and boosted the growth.
- In February 2021, 3M has launched the 3M Clean & Protect Certified Badge Program. It is a new comprehensive system for cleaning, monitoring, and protecting facilities. This strategy is anticipated to strengthen the company's footprints in the market and accelerate its growth trajectory, particularly in the long term.
Collaboration, joint ventures, and other strategies by the market player are enhancing the company market in the North American medical device sterilization market, which also provides the benefit for the organisation to improve their offering for the medical device sterilization market.