North America Parcel Sortation Systems Market, By Type (Linear Parcel Sortation Systems and Loop Parcel Sortation Systems), By Offering (Hardware, Software, and Services), By Tray Size (Small, Medium and Large), By Parcel Handling Capacity (Less Than 20000 Parcels/hr, 20000 To 30000 Parcels/hr, More Than 30000 Parcel/hr), By End User (E-Commerce, Logistics, Pharmaceuticals, and Medical Supply, Food & Beverages and Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
The North America parcel sortation systems market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 12.9% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 1,487.73 million by 2029. Increased awareness and adoption of parcel sortation technology amongst the e-commerce industry is a major factor for the market's growth.
Parcel Sortation is the process of identifying items on a conveyor system and diverting them to specific destinations using various devices controlled by task-specific software. They can also read any applicable labels or even apply new ones. These operations are incredibly important to ensuring the packages get to their final destination, but arranging deliveries is the task that provides the most direct benefit to that end. Parcel sortation arranges the containers into the correct delivery areas to get them on their way to their final destination. Sortation can have a great impact on the efficiency of your fulfillment automation. Parcels come in a variety of shapes and sizes and need to be arranged accordingly. Conveyor systems and other mechanical processes can help streamline your fulfillment automation and keep things moving. In a distribution center, parcel sortation can be applicable at different steps of the order fulfillment process, such as receiving, picking, packing, and shipping. The selection of a sortation systems is decided considering following characteristics such as the fragility of the material to be handled, product geometry, materials, rate consideration, sorter function, available footprint, among others.
The factors driving the market are continuous development in the global ecommerce industry and the increasing need to minimize manual intervention, and reduce labor costs. The high cost associated with parcel sortation restrains the North America parcel sortation systems market growth. Leveraging AI in parcel sortation for technological developments is one factor that opens lucrative opportunities for the market. Lack of skilled professionals is acting as a major challenge for the market growth.
This North America parcel sortation systems market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario, contact us for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The North America parcel sortation systems market is segmented based on type, offering, tray size, parcel handling capacity and end user. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the global parcel sortation systems market is segmented into linear parcel sortation systems and loop parcel sortation systems. In 2022, linear parcel sortation systems segment is expected to dominate the market, as linear parcel sortation systems has the ability to sort different kinds of parcels and also enables the different warehouses and distribution centres in countries such as U.S, Canada and Mexico to reduce inventory by receiving and dispatching goods just-in-time, contributing to the growth of the segment in the North America region.
- On the basis of offering, the global parcel sortation systems market is segmented into hardware, software, and services. In 2022, hardware segment is expected to dominate the market, as hardware-based sortation systems increases sorting efficiency. In addition hardware implementation also speed up sorting applications in countries such as U.S., Canada and others.
- On the basis of tray size, the global parcel sortation systems market is segmented into small, medium and large. In 2022, medium segment is expected to dominate the market, as huge number of parcels and packages are of medium sizes in the North American region which requires medium sized trays and fuels the adoption of medium tray size in the parcel sortation systems market.
- On the basis of parcel handling capacity, the global parcel sortation systems market is segmented into less than 20000 parcels/hr, 20000 to 30000 parcels/hr, and more than 30000 parcels/hr. In 2022, less than 20000 Parcels/hr is expected to dominate the market as majority of providers in the North America region provides less than 20000/HR parcel handling capacity.
- On the basis of end user, the global parcel sortation systems market is segmented into logistics, e commerce, pharmaceutical and medical supply, food & beverages and others. In 2022, e-commerce is expected to dominate the market as ecommerce industry in the North American region is growing exponentially in recent years which also increases the number of parcels to be sorted and delivered to customers.
North America Parcel sortation Systems Market Country Level Analysis
The North America parcel sortation systems market is analyzed, and market size information is provided by country, type, offering, parcel handling capacity, tray size and end user.
The countries covered in the North America parcel sortation systems market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
The U.S. dominates the parcel sortation systems market due to factors such as the strong presence of providers and the growing adoption of technological innovations in parcel sortation systems. Moreover, increasing awareness benefits of parcel sortation acts as a market driver.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of North American brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Parcel sortation Systems
The North America parcel sortation systems market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in the industry with sales, components sales, the impact of technological development in parcel sortation systems, and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the market. The data is available for the historical period 2012 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and North America Parcel sortation Systems Market Share Analysis
The North America parcel sortation systems market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points are only related to the companies' focus on the North America parcel sortation systems market.
The major players covered in the North America parcel sortation systems market are Siemens Logistics GmbH (A Subsidiary of Siemens AG), Vanderlande Industries B.V., BEUMER GROUP, Bastian Solutions, LLC, FIVES, Dematic, Murata Machinery, Ltd., Interroll Group, Invata Instralogistics, viastore, Okura Yusoki Co., Ltd.,GBI Intralogistics, Inc., Daifuku Co., Ltd.,Equinox, Pitney Bowes Inc., MHS Global, SOLYSTIC SAS, BOWE SYSTEC GMBH, Honeywell International Inc, Intralox and others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the growth of the North America parcel sortation systems market.
- In October 2021, Equinox showcased its newest LR-sorter at Parcel+Post Expo. The new product was designed to handle the increasing demand for parcel shipping through e-commerce. This compact vertical sorter was fully modular and designed in standard sections. With this the company was able to increase the maximum throughput to 10,000 items per hour, to enable faster operations and improve overall efficiency. This enhanced the company’s portfolio of sortation systems in material handling.
- In February 2021, Daifuku Co., Ltd. announced the partnership agreement with AFT Industries AG (Germany), manufacturer and seller of material handling systems to a variety of industries. The partnership aimed at leveraging material handling expertise of both companies in the automotive industry. Specifically, both companies collaborated on a project-by-project basis by leveraging AFT Industries’ European automotive customer base. This helped the company to open channels and secure growing demand and investment from automotive manufacturers for material handling systems.
Partnership, joint ventures, and other strategies enhance the company's market share with increased coverage and presence. It also benefits the organization to improve its offering for parcel sortation systems through an expanded range of sizes.