North America Pathogen Detection Market By Type (Products, Services), Consistency (Solid Media, Liquid Media), Culture Media (Chemical Composition, Synthetic Media), Contaminant Type (Salmonella, E. Coli, Listeria, Campylobacter, Clostridium Perfringens, Pseudomonas, Cronobacter, Coliforms, Legionella, Others), Total Count (Spoiling Organisms, Yeast & Moulds, Others), Food Type (Meat & Poultry, Processed Food, Fruits & Vegetables, Dairy, Cereals & Grains, Beverage, Water, Pharma Drugs, Others), Technology (Rapid, Traditional, Other Molecular-Based Tests), Customer Type (Service Lab, Industry, Governmental/Non-Profit Organization), Application (Food Safety, Diagnostics, Pathology , Forensics, Clinical Research, Drug Discovery), End User (Food Industry, Pathology Laboratories, Diagnostic Centers, Hospitals, Service Labors (Food and Water), Biotechnology Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Culture Collection Repositories, Cooling Towers, Blood Banks, Others ), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Retail Sales), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico), Market Trends and Forecast to 2027.
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Pathogen Detection Market
Pathogen detection market is expected to gain growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 8.2% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027and expected to reach USD 5,512.46 million by 2027. High investment in research and development of the devices to provide accurate result in pathogen detection within the timeline has augmented the growth of the pathogen detection market.
Growth in the research and development activities in diagnostic industries has moved forwards and innovation towards the rapid detection have led to improvement in pathogen testing market. With new advancement in R&D have helps to mitigate the impact of pathogen based infectious disease burden. Additionally, the rapid detection and accuracy in results within less duration of time have further boosted the demand of pathogen detection in coming years.
- In 2017, according to the article published by Research America, the U.S. has spent USD 182.3 billion in R&D activities for the U.S. medical and health causes and development of innovative technology. Whereas, the industrial sector invested approximately USD 121.8 billion in medical and health research and development activities total contributing 67% of total amount spent on it.
This Pathogen Detection Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America Pathogen Detection Market Scope and Market Size
Pathogen detection market is segmented on the basis of type, consistency, culture media, contaminant type, total count, food type, technology, customer type, application, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of contaminant type, the market is segmented into E. coli, salmonella, listeria, campylobacter, pseudomonas, cronobacter, coliforms, legionella, clostridium perfringens and others. In 2020, salmonella have secured the highest market share as the Salmonella is one of the most food spoilage causing pathogen led to the highest rate of food borne diseases in the U.S. For instance, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) every year approximately 1.35 million populations in the U.S. gets infected with salmonella bacteria which holds around 40% of the total market share in pathogen testing market.
- On the basis of total count, the market is segmented into yeast & moulds, spoiling organisms and others. In 2020, the spoiling organisms have secured the highest market share as E-coli and Salmonella major spoilage organisms as Non-typhoidal Salmonella is considered as leading causes of foodborne disease worldwide and WHO estimated that annual rate of non-typhoidal salmonellosis is approximately 78.7million foodborne illnesses with salmonella.
- On the basis of food type, the market is segmented into meat & poultry, dairy, processed food, fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, beverage, water, pharma drugs and others. In 2020, the meat & poultry segment leading the pathogen testing with the highest market share and CAGR the spoilage organisms Pseudomonas, E-Coli act as a major contaminant for spoilage of pork, beef, eggs, poultry products and other due to the nutritional composition of food products.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into products and services. In 2020, the product segment have secured the highest market share as the pathogens are majorly detected through the rapid detection devices such as PCR, ELISA and other molecular based techniques and also culture based identification, separation and extraction. Growing demand of the advanced technology to provide the accurate result has led the utilization of pathogen detection products in current market.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into traditional, rapid and other molecular-based tests. In 2020, rapid segment is dominating and growing with the highest CAGR as the PCR systems are more sensitive in detecting pathogen as compare to the selective media culture method due to their enhanced detectability technique have owe their application by most of the service providers engaged in pathogen detection market.
- On the basis of consistency, the market is segmented into solid media and liquid media. In 2020, solid media segment have secured the highest market share as the solid media are easier to carry the research oriented method associated with the pathogen extraction, identification and characterization have led their adoption in majorly in laboratory testing purposes.
- On the basis of culture media, the market is segmented into chemical composition and synthetic media. In 2020, chemical composition segment is dominating and growing with highest CAGR as basal media and selective media are more convenient in identification, culture, and extraction of the contaminants such as Salmonella, E-coli, and Campylobacteriosis among others. These convenient processes have made their higher utilization for research oriented methods in pathogen detection.
- On the basis of customer type, the market is segmented into service lab, industry and governmental/non-profit organization. In 2020, service lab segment is dominating the market as growth in expansion of the food safety laboratories involved in detection of containments in food products such as Listeria have owe to lead the market
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into food safety, diagnostics, pathology, clinical research, forensics and drug discovery. In 2020, food safety segment is dominating and growing with the highest CAGR as growing expansion of the food safety laboratories involved in detection of containments in food products such as Listeria have owe to lead the market
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into diagnostic centers, pathology laboratories, hospitals, blood banks, pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, service labors (food and water), food industry, cooling towers, culture collection repositories and others. In 2020, food industry segment have secured the highest market share as the pathogen are majorly cause spoilage to food products and to ensure the safety of food products by food industries due to the stringent regulation have accelerated the growth of pathogen detection market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tender and retail sales. In 2020, direct tender segment have secured the highest market share as pathogen detection equipment and media are directly distributed through the direct tenders as that reduces the cost of indirect retailing.
Pathogen Detection Market Country Level Analysis
Pathogen detection market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, by type, consistency, culture media, contaminant type, total count, food type, technology, customer type, application, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the pathogen detection market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in North America.
The growth in the cases of food associated diseases has impacted the growth of overall pathogen detection market in North America. For instance, Centers for disease control and prevention (CDC) has reported around 73,000 cases of foodborne disease occurring annually. A report in the year 2013 stated that around 19,056 were infected with foodborne pathogen out of which 4200 are hospitalized and 80 are founded dead in the United States.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growth in Utilization of Clinical Laboratories
Pathogen detection market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for pathogen detection market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in food safety regulatory scenarios and their impact on the pathogen detection market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Pathogen Detection Market Share Analysis
Pathogen detection market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America pathogen detection market.
The major players covered in the report are Merck KGaA, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., bioMérieux SA, Agilent Technologies, Inc., BD, Biotools, B & M Labs, SA, SGS SA, Bureau Veritas, Intertek Group plc, Eurofins Scientific, Mérieux NutriSciences Corporation, ALS Limited, Microbac Laboratories, Inc., FoodChain ID Group, Inc, ANGLE plc, Charles River, HiMedia Laboratories and other domestic and North American players. Pathogen detection market share data is available for Global, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa and South America separately. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments, partnership are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are accelerating the pathogen detection market.
- In September 2017, BD and Euroclone introduced an assay BD MAX System for detection of sexually transmitted pathogens. Through this, the customer in will receive better diagnosis and therapy. BD will benefit its customers by providing services which will further enhance its brand image.
- In January 2017, Merck KGaA acquired BioControl Systems Inc., which is a leader in food safety testing. This service is going to offer customers a complete solution through its validated kits and innovative assays for testing of food pathogen. Merck KGaA got benefitted by adding and expanding its products in food pathogen testing globally.
Customization Available : North America Pathogen Detection Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.