North America Plant-Based Egg Replacers Market, By Type (White Egg Replacement, Egg Yolk Replacement and Complete Egg Replacement), Source (Soy Protein, Pea Protein, Flaxseed, Chia Seeds, Wheat Protein, Algal Flour, Tapioca Starch, Potato Starch, Arrowroot Starch, Fava Bean, Mung Bean, and Others), Gum Used (Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Tara Gum, Carrageenan, and Others), Form (Powder, Liquid and Others), Function (Thickening, Glazing, Aeration and Batter Viscocity, Elasticity, Stability, Structure Retention, Glazing and Others), Nature (GMO and Non- GMO), Category (Conventional, Organic), Application (Bakery, Savory Food), Country (U.S., Mexico, Canada) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: North America Plant- Based Egg Replacers Market
North America plant- based egg replacers market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.6% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 867.99 million by 2029.
The plant-based egg replacers only include commercial plant-based egg replacers and only those products that are labelled by the manufacturers as plant-based egg replacers or products for which the egg replacement is listed one of the application in their product descriptions. They are produced by plant-based raw materials such as protein isolates and concentrates, starches, legumes, cereals, and others. The plant-based eggs replacers replicate almost all of the functionality of conventional eggs. Plant-based egg replacers are simply intended to provide the binding properties needed for foods like cakes, muffins, and pancakes. They serve the purpose of stabilization, gelation, emulsification, and others. Plant-based eggs offer various health benefits such as are cholesterol-free, allergen-free, and hence, are opted by the consumers suffering from health issues related to cholesterol or who suffer from egg allergy. Additionally, plant-based eggs offer high food safety as they are made from plant-based raw material and thus reduces the risk of food-borne illness. Moreover, they are environmentally sustainable.
Plant-based egg replacers are rich in calcium and vitamin B12 and contain low fat and zero cholesterol. Therefore, are preferred by many consumers for the health benefits. Various manufacturers offer plant-based eggs in different packaging and prepared from different plant sources such as cereals, legumes, algae, and others. Moreover, the growing demand for plant-based eggs replacers among consumers owing to its health benefits coupled with the increasing trend of plant-based food and vegan food are the key factors driving the North America plant-based egg replacers market. However, lack of awareness about plant-based food may hamper the growth of the plant-based egg replacers market.
- In addition, lifestyle change, eating habits of consumers, and the increase in demand for plant-based food are expected to create huge opportunities for the North America plant-based egg replacers market. The supply chain disruption caused by COVID-19 may create a challenge for the North America plant-based egg replacers market.
The demand for the plant-based egg replacers is increasing, for which key players or companies are now more focused and are involved in expansion, innovation, and launches of products in the plant-based egg replacers market. These decisions are ultimately enhancing the growth of the North America plant-based egg replacers market. Various companies are making strategic decisions, such as forming agreements with research facilities to launch new products, to improve their market share. As a result, the plant-based egg replacers market is growing at a rapid rate. On the other hand, recent innovations and new product launches are creating new opportunities for the market. However, easy availability of alternative products is acting as a challenge for the North America plant-based egg replacers market.
The North America plant- based egg replacers market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America plant- based egg replacers market Scope and Market Size
The North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into eight notable segments based on the type, source, gum used, form, function, nature, category, and application.
- On the basis of plant-based egg type, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into white egg replacement, egg yolk replacement and complete egg replacement. In 2022, the white egg replacement segment is expected to dominate the market owing to the health benefits of white egg replacements. In addition, increasing vegan population drives the market growth.
- On the basis of source, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into soy protein, pea protein, flaxseed, chia seeds, wheat protein, algal flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, arrowroot starch, fava bean, mung bean, and others. In 2022, the soy protein segment is expected to dominate the plant-based egg market due to the increasing demand for soy protein to give the plant-based egg a great texture and to imitate the texture of conventional eggs among manufacturers.
- On the basis of gum used, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into xanthan gum, cellulose gum, tara gum, carrageenan, and others. In 2022, the xanthan gum segment is expected to dominate the market owing to its properties such as thickening and stabilization. Thus, increasing demand for thickening agents in bakery and confectionary industries drives the market growth.
- On the basis of form, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into powder, liquid and others. In 2022, powder have dominated the market owing to the factors such as their easy to use nature. In addition, the prices of powder are affordable, which is driving the growth of the market in the forecast period.
- On the basis of function, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into thickening, glazing, aeration and batter viscocity, elasticity, stability, structure retention, and others. In 2022, stability segment is expected to dominate the market owing to its ability to keep food fresh and to maintain the quality. In addition, increasing consumer’s preference of plant-based egg replacers which maintains the stability of the food.
- On the basis of nature, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into GMO and Non- GMO. In 2022, the non-GMO segment is expected to dominate the market as the majority of consumers demand non-GMO plant-based products owing to its affordability and easy availability.
- On the basis of category, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into organic and conventional. In 2022, the conventional segment is expected to dominate the market owing to its easy availability and consistent increasing demand. In addition, it provides better taste and more flavors which drives the market growth.
- On the basis of application, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into bakery, and savory food. In 2022, the bakery segment is expected to dominate the market owing to increasing demand of bakery products. In addition, consumers are demanding plant-based and vegan bakery products that helps the market to grow in coming years.
Plant-Based Egg Replacers Market Country Level Analysis
North America plant- based egg replacers market is analyzed and market size information is provided based on country, type, source, gum used, form, function, nature, category, and application.
- On the basis of geography, the North America plant-based egg replacers market is segmented into U.S., Mexico, and Canada.
- In North America, U.S. is expected to grow with the most promising growth rate in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 as major industrialists are focusing on developing plant-based and vegan products to fulfill consumer demands.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand for Plant-Based Egg Replacers
North America plant- based egg replacers market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, and impact of consistent launches and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the market. The data is available for historic period 2019 to 2029.
Competitive Landscape and Plant-Based Egg Replacers Market Share Analysis
North America plant- based egg replacers market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to the North America plant-based egg replacers market.
Some of the major players operating in the North America plant-based egg replacers market are DuPont, Alternative Foods, Ingredion, MGP, Kerry, Tate & Lyle, Corbion, Namaste Foods., J&K Ingredients, Inc., Fiberstar, Sunbloom Proteins GmbH, Fismer Lecithin, All American Foods, Ener-G Foods, Inc. and Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods.
Various product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which are also accelerating the growth of the plant-based egg replacers market.
- In May 2021, OsomeFood has developed and launched a whole vegan hard-boiled egg that is created from fungi mycoprotein. The egg is produced through fermentation and has many essential amino acids in it. This helped the company to increase its revenue as the demand for plant-based egg replacers is increasing.
Partnership, joint ventures, and other strategies enhance the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also benefits organizations to improve their offering for plant-based egg replacers through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: North America Plant- Based Egg Replacers Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.