North America Protective Films Market, By Class (Adhesive Coated, Self-Adhesive), Material (Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polyvinyl Chloride, Polyurethane, Polyamide, Polyester, Paper, Others), Thickness (0 - 2 Mm, 2 - 4 Mm, 4 - 6 Mm, 6 - 8 Mm, 8 - 10 Mm, Others), Surface (Metals, Glass, Textiles, Wood, Marbles, Molded Plastics, Others), Texture (Opaque, Transparent, Glossy, Matte, Others), End-User (Building & Construction, Automotive, Electronics, Life Science, Aerospace, Packaging, Industrial, Marine, Others), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Protective films market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.3% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 678.27 million by 2027. Increasing demand of protective films in building and construction industries to protect the window glasses of the building from scratches and UV lights is the factor driving the protective films market growth.
The rising demand for secondary packaging and protective packaging films in e-commerce industries for goods will also boosts the demand of the protective films market. Volatility in the crude oil and its derivative prices cause a wide risk in the profit margin of various manufacturers as the raw material volatility affects the overall product prices and these factors can restrain the protective films market growth.
High consumption of electronics devices all over the world in various applications and growing consumers demand to protect their electronics products from scratches, damages, dust and other pollution is the factor acting as opportunity for the protective films market. New markets development for innovative products made from bio-based films in various sectors such as construction, automobiles, marine and other is the biggest challenge for the manufacturers in the protective films market.
This protective films market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the protective films market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America protective films market is segmented on the basis of class, material, thickness, surface, texture and end-user. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of class, the protective films market is segmented into adhesive-coated and self-adhesive. In 2020, adhesive-coated segment is dominating due to high availability of raw materials in the protective films market.
- On the basis of material, the protective films market is segmented into polyethylene, polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate, polyvinyl chloride, polyurethane, polyamide, polyester, paper and others. In 2020, polyethylene segment is dominating as low-density polyethylene is widely preferable in packaging industries in the protective films market.
- On the basis of thickness, the protective films market is segmented into 0 - 2 mm, 2 - 4 mm, 4 - 6 mm, 6 - 8 mm, 8 - 10 mm, and others. In 2020, 0 - 2 mm thickness sheet is dominating due to wide adoptability of these sheets in building windows to protect them from UV rays as these films have high UV resistant properties.
- On the basis of surface, the protective films market is segmented into metals, glass, textiles, wood, marbles, molded plastics and others. In 2020, metals segment is dominating in the protective films market as these sheets are widely preferred in the construction industries.
- On the basis of texture, the protective films market is segmented into opaque, transparent, matte, glossy and others. In 2020, transparent sheets are dominating in the protective films market as these sheets are widely preferred in the construction industries.
- On the basis of end-user, the protective films market is segmented into building & construction, automotive, electronics, life science, aerospace, packaging, industrial, marine, and others. In 2020, building & construction segment is dominating in the protective films market market due to growing working population that needs a proper sitting space.
The protective films market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, class, material, thickness, surface, texture and end-user as referenced above.
The countries covered in the North America protective films market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
North America dominates the protective films market as in the U.S., the consumers are more aware towards the different usage of protective films in house hold appliances to increase their shelf life and protect them from moisture and dust penetration along with this, the consumers are demanding protective films widely in automotive industries to protect the windows of the cars from scratches and also from UV radiations on the wider range. Canada is dominating in North America protective films market with the second highest market share due to the more usage in the packaging films which are used in the packaging products in e-commerce and food packaging.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Demand of Protective Films with the aim to improve the Building and Construction Industry
Protective films market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in protective films and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the protective films market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Protective Films Market Share Analysis
Protective films market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to protective films market.
The major players covered in the North America protective films market report are Lamin-x, Tee Group Films, Mactac (a subsidiary of LINTEC Corporation), Chargeurs, DuPont, Arkema, Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd., TORAY INDUSTRIES, INC., POLIFILM GROUP, Surface Armor, COVERTEC Srl., Saiyakaya Sdn Bhd., Pelloplast Oy, DUNMORE (a subsidiary of API GROUP), SURFACE SHIELDS, NITTO DENKO CORPORATION, Saint-Gobain and 3M among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of protective films market.
- In July 2020, Arkema announced the acquisition of Fixatti (specialized in high-performance thermobonding adhesive powders). This acquisition will enable the company to strengthen its global footprint in protective films market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for protective films.
Customization Available: North America Protective Films Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.