North America SiC Power Semiconductor Market By Type (MOSFETS, Hybrid Modules, Schottky Barrier Diodes (SBDS), SiC Bare Die, Pin Diode, Junction FET (JFET), Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) and Others), Voltage Range (Less than 300V, 301-900V, 901-1700V, 1701V and Above), Application (Power Supplies, Electric Vehicles (EV), EV Charging Infrastructure, Industrial Motor Drives, Inverters, RF Devices and Others), Wafer Size (2 Inch, 4 Inch, 6 Inch and Above), Wafer Type (Blank SiC wafers and SiC Epitaxial Wafers), Vertical (Industrial, Commercial, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Utilities & Energy, Aerospace & Defense, Medical, IT And Telecommunications and Others), Country (U.S., Canada and Mexico) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
SiC power semiconductor market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 19.1% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 659.38 million by 2027. Growing electric vehicle charging infrastructure in the region is driving the market growth.
Increasing inclination of government and citizens towards electric vehicles is boosting market growth for EVs and respective charging infrastructure which majorly imply SiC power semiconductors for better conductivity and fast charging; hence this drives the market growth for SiC power semiconductors.
This SiC Power Semiconductor Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
North America SiC power semiconductor market is segmented on the basis of type, voltage range, application, wafer size, wafer type and vertical. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, global SiC power semiconductor market is segmented into MOSFETS, hybrid modules, schottky barrier diodes (SBDS), sic bare die, PiN diode, junction FET (JFET), bipolar junction transistor (BJT) and others. The MOSFETS are dominating the market due to its superiority in amplifying signals and MOSFETs are widely used as switches in electronic amplification devices Also, combination of SiC and MOSFET offer smother amplification as compared to other transistors.
- On the basis of voltage range, global SiC power semiconductor market is segmented into less than 300V, 301-900V, 901-1700V, 1701V and above. The 901 – 1700 V range is dominating the market due to range offered by companies and for majority of the products and high acceptance of 901-1700 V range for improved performance and smoother conductions.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into power supplies, electric vehicles (EV), EV charging infrastructure, industrial motor drives, inverters, RF devices and others. Power Supplies segment is dominating the market power supplies are majorly used in plugs and sockets which where high conductive material is required for less losses and improved efficiency for faster operations.
- On the basis of wafer size, the market is segmented into 2 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch and above. The 6 inch and above size wafer is dominating the market due to its compatibility with high end applications. Larger wafer size allows faster fabrication on single wafer in order to save cost and time.
- On the basis of wafer type, the market is segmented blank SiC wafers and SiC epitaxial wafers. SiC epitaxial wafers holds largest market share in wafer type segment as it suitably compliments large sized wafers for smoother fabrication of integrated circuits. Similar to 6 inch and above wafers, epitaxial wafers dominates the wafer type segment.
- On the basis of vertical, the market is segmented into industrial, commercial, automotive, consumer electronics, utilities & energy, aerospace & defense, medical, IT and telecommunications, others. Industrial segment holds largest market share in vertical segment due to rising use of low power high performance solution with longer durability requirement in the industries. The SiC power semiconductors are reduced in price due to abundant availability; which allows industrial sector to replace existing silicon materials and increase efficiency.
SiC Power Semiconductor Market Country Level Analysis
SiC power semiconductor market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, voltage range, application, wafer size, wafer type and vertical. The countries covered in SiC power semiconductor market report are U.S., Canada and Mexico in the North America.
U.S. dominates the SiC power semiconductor market in the region as major manufacturers such as NXP Semiconductors, GE are headquartered in U.S., also larger industrial sector in the country impacts positively on use of SiC based semiconductor.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of SiC Power Semiconductor in the Automotive Industry for Faster Charging of EVs
SiC power semiconductor market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in SiC power semiconductor and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the SiC power semiconductor market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and SiC Power Semiconductor Market Share Analysis
SiC power semiconductor market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, North America presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to North America SiC power semiconductor market.
The major players covered in the report are Cree, Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microsemi (A Subsidiary of Microchip Technology), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, NXP Semiconductors, Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, STMicroelectronics, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., ROHM CO., LTD., GE, Global Power Technologies Group, Littelfuse, Inc., UnitedSiC, SEMIKRON, Hitachi Power Semiconductor Device among other domestic and North America players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of SiC power semiconductor market.
- In March 2019, Littelfuse launched two products LSIC2SD065DxxA and LSIC2SD065ExxCCA under its 650V Schottky Diodes series which is available in 6A, 10A, or 16A and 20A, or 40A current rating in order to provide is product for various applications
- In May 2016, Global Power Technologies Group agreed on terms with Richardson Electronics to provide SiC technology in multiple industry applications such as electric vehicles, solar batteries and power industries.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for SiC power semiconductor through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: North America SiC Power Semiconductor Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.