North America Ultrasound Imaging Devices Market, By Array Format (Phased Array, Linear Array, Curved Linear Array and Others), Device Display (Color Ultrasound Devices and Black and White (B/W) Ultrasound Devices), Device Portability (Trolley/Cart-Based Ultrasound Devices, Compact/Handheld Ultrasound Devices, Stationary Ultrasound Devices and Point-of-Care Ultrasound Devices), Technology (Diagnostic Ultrasound and Therapeutic Ultrasound), Application (Radiology/General Imaging, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cardiovascular, Gastroenterology, Vascular, Urological, Orthopedic and Musculoskeletal, Pain Management, Emergency Department, Critical Care and Others), End User (Hospitals, Surgical Centers, Research and Academia, Maternity Centers, Ambulatory Care Centers, Diagnostic Centers and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tender, Third Party Distributors and Retail Sales), Country (U.S., Canada, Mexico) Industry Trends & Forecast to 2020
Ultrasound imaging devices market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 4,295.94 million by 2027. Rising incidence of chronic diseases across the world, increased demand of ultrasound imaging procedures in obstetrics and gynecology are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the market in the forecast period.
Ultrasound imaging devices can be described as the devices that take images of the inside of the body using the high frequency sound waves. Ultrasound system uses the technique of ultrasonic imaging technique. Ultrasound devices can create real-time images of the body component, which can display the movement of the body. Ultrasound system consists of a transducer and ultrasound detector, or probe. This diagnostic technique is minimally invasive and does not use the ionizing radiation to diagnose or treat the body ailments.
Ultrasound imaging devices demand has increased as compared to the precise year with increased demand of minimally invasive diagnostic and therapeutic uses of ultrasound imaging devices along with introduction of increased technologically advanced ultrasound devices. In addition demand of ultrasound imaging devices has increased because of government initiatives to increase awareness about importance of early diagnosis. Further high cost of ultrasound devices is expected to restraint the usage of ultrasound imaging devices and is expected to slow down the growth of the ultrasound imaging devices market in the forecasted period.
The ultrasound imaging devices market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Ultrasound imaging devices market is segmented on the basis of array format, device display, device portability, technology, application, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of array format, the market is segmented into phased array, linear array, curved linear array and others. Curved linear array is dominating in the market with large number of applications and as these probes can be used for diagnostic imaging from small intercostal spaces across various body parts.
- On the basis of device display, the market is segmented into color ultrasound devices and black and white (B/W) ultrasound devices. Color ultrasound devices are dominating the market as North America is among the fastest adopters of new technology and the majority of new ultrasound devices have color screens to support a range of features.
- On the basis of device portability, the market is segmented into trolley/cart-based ultrasound devices, compact/handheld ultrasound devices, stationary ultrasound devices and point-of-care ultrasound devices. Trolley/cart-based ultrasound devices are dominating the market due to focus of the healthcare industry to provide value based care while reducing the capital cost. Trolley/cart-based ultrasound devices aid in reducing the capital cost as they offer the convenience of moving the device across departments as per requirement.
- On the basis of technology, the market is segmented into diagnostic ultrasound and therapeutic ultrasound. Diagnostic ultrasound is dominating the market as the adoption of therapeutic ultrasound is comparatively low as compared to diagnostic ultrasound which is an age old technique used for imaging of soft tissues. Hence, the adoption of diagnostic imaging devices is higher as compared to therapeutic imaging devices.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into radiology/general imaging, obstetrics and gynecology, cardiovascular, gastroenterology, vascular, urological, orthopedic and musculoskeletal, pain management, emergency department, critical care and others. Radiology/general imaging is dominating the market as general imaging is required to find the cause of distress in most conditions where specialized ultrasound is not required. Hence, the market share of general imaging is significantly higher as compared to specialized ultrasound applications.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into hospitals, surgical centers, research and academia, maternity centers, ambulatory care centers, diagnostic centers and others. Hospitals hold the largest market share as most patient need to visit hospitals in case of any sign of discomfort. Any unexplained pain usually leads patient’s hospitals where they undergo diagnostic tests to understand the source of discomfort. Moreover, the number of hospitals is well-equipped as compared to those of diagnostic centers and other care providers.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into direct tender, third party distributors and retail sales. Direct tenders are dominating in the market as the most cost effective way of procurement of medical equipment by healthcare providers. Hospitals especially prefer direct tenders as they usually need multiple devices and replacements due to their large sizes.
North America Ultrasound Imaging Devices Market Country Level Analysis
Ultrasound imaging devices market is analysed and market size information is provided by array format, device display, device portability, technology, application, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in the ultrasound imaging devices market report are the U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
U.S. is expected to dominate the market due to the high adoption of ultrasound imaging devices and show high growth in the forecasted periods due high technology adoption and well established healthcare infrastructure. The well-equipped hospitals in the country offer a range of diagnostic and therapeutic ultrasound services for patients.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of North America brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Acquisition and Merger in Ultrasound Imaging Devices Market is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Ultrasound Imaging Devices Market
Ultrasound imaging devices market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular industry with ultrasound imaging devices sales, impact of advancement in the ultrasound imaging devices and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the ultrasound imaging devices market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018
Competitive Landscape and Ultrasound Imaging Devices Market Share Analysis
Ultrasound imaging devices market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to ultrasound imaging devices market.
The major players covered in the report are GE Healthcare (A SUBSIDIARY OF GENERAL ELECTRIC) ,Hitachi, Ltd., Trivitron Healthcare, Hologic Inc., Siemens Healthcare GmbH, ESAOTE SPA, ALPINION MEDICAL SYSTEMS Co., Ltd, FUJIFILM Corporation (A SUBSIDIARY OF FUJIFILM HOLDINGS CORPORATION), FUKUDA DENSHI, Koninklijke Philips N.V., EDAN Instruments, Inc., Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd., Shimadzu Medical Systems USA Northwest Branch, CANON MEDICAL SYSTEMS CORPORATION (A SUBSIDIARY OF CANON INC.), Mobisante, SonoScape Medical Corp, SAMSUNGHEALTHCARE (A SUBSIDIARY OF SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO, LTD.) among other domestic and North America players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the ultrasound imaging devices market.
- In March 2016, ALPINION MEDICAL SYSTEMS Co., Ltd. launched its first clinical HIFU device named ALPIUS 900. The new product launch by ALPINION MEDICAL SYSTEMS Co. enhanced its product portfolio which helped in the increased revenue due to increased market in future.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the ultrasound imaging devices market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for ultrasound imaging devices.
Customization Available: North America Ultrasound Imaging Devices Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.