South America Biostimulants Market, By Active Ingredients (Acid Based, Extract Based, Microbial Amendments, Protein Hydrolysates, B-Vitamins, Chitin, Chitosan, And Others), Crop Type (Fruits & Vegetables, Cereals & Grains, Turf & Ornamentals, Oilseeds & Pulses, And Other Crops), Application Method (Foliar Treatment, Soil Treatment, And Seed Treatment), Form (Liquid, Dry), Origin (Natural Biostimulants And Biosynthetic Biostimulants), End User (Farmers, Agri And Related Industries, And Research Institutes), Distribution Channel (Direct, And Indirect), Country (Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay, Rest of South America) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029.
Market Analysis and Insights: South America Biostimulants Market
Biostimulants market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 13.8% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and expected to reach 1,447.76 million by 2029.
Biostimulants are developed to help farmers in order to meet increased agricultural demand on a sustainable basis. Biostimulants boost crop yield and its value, which positively affects the farm productivity. Agricultural biostimulant is comprised of multiple amalgamations of chemicals, substances, and micro-organisms that are added to the plants or soils to boost crop vigor, production, sensitivity to abiotic pressure, and quality. Biostimulants support the growth and production of crops throughout the entire crop life cycle, from seed germination to plant maturity, in a variety of demonstrated ways including regulating plant metabolism. They are developed for farmers to meet the demand for sustainable agriculture including quality and improved crop yield, and even for the consumers to meet the demand for organic products so as to cope up with health and safety standards. Thus, due to this, investors are increasingly interested in the biostimulant category with respect to the significant growth potential.
The major factors driving the growth of the biostimulants market are increasing adoption of organic products in agriculture, rising need for increasing agricultural production to meet the surge in population pressure and unstable yields in agriculture due to climate changes. Increasing agricultural production in South America is creating opportunities for the growth of the market. Biostimulant quality contamination issues during manufacturing and transportation is acting as the major restraint for biostimulants market.
This biostimulants market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
South America Biostimulants Market Scope and Market Size
Biostimulants market is segmented on the basis of active ingredients, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of active ingredients, the South America biostimulants market is segmented into acid based, extract based, microbial amendments, protein hydrolysates, B-vitamins, chitin, chitosan, and others. In 2022, Acid based segment is expected to dominate the market as it has important components, such as humic acid, fulvic acid, and it increases productivity and growth of the plant. Along with these, it enhances fertility of soil and shows less harmful effect on ecosystem. Humic acid helps plants by maintaining nutrient availability, gas exchange between soil and atmosphere and it also improves fertility of soil.
- On the basis of crop type, South America biostimulants market is segmented into fruits & vegetables, cereals & grains, turf & ornamentals, oilseeds & pulses, and other crops. In 2022, Fruits and vegetables segment is expected to dominate the market due to its high production globally. Farmers are producing more fruits and vegetables to fulfil the growing demand of consumers. It has been observed that high fruits and vegetables production will need more biostimulants with high growth and productivity so this sector is dominating the market.
- On the basis of application method, South America biostimulants market is segmented into foliar treatment, soil treatment, and seed treatment. In 2022, foliar treatment segment is expected to dominate the market as it is highly preferred application by farmers as it shows more effect on plant. Foliar application involves sprinkling of biostimulants on the leaves which are easily absorbed and it shows high productivity.
- On the basis of form, South America biostimulants market is segmented into liquid and dry. Liquid is sub-segmented into suspension concentrate, soluble liquid concentrate, and emulsifiable concentrate. In 2022, Liquid segment is expected to dominate the market because it is easily absorbed by the leaves as well as in soil to provide a good root system, better stems and foliar development to make the crop more capable to abiotic stress. Due to multiple benefits from the liquid biostimulants, it has been observed that products in liquid forms are highly preferred.
- On the basis of origin, South America biostimulants market is segmented into natural biostimulants and biosynthetic biostimulants. In 2022, Natural biostimulants segment is expected to dominate the market due its minimal harmful effect on ecosystem as it is made up from natural sources such as seaweed and plant, microbes and other plant material. The natural biostimulants maintain the fertility of soil and prevent it from erosion. However, synthetic segment may grow the market because of use of certain synthetic regulators that ultimately helps the plant growth.
- On the basis of end user, South America biostimulants market is segmented into farmers, agri and related industries, and research institutes. In 2022, farmers segment is expected to dominate the market as it is highly used in farm by farmers to increase yield and growth of the crops for fulfilling the growing demand of food in market. In recent time, farmers are more inclined towards biostimulants due to their benefits such as high productivity, plant growth and less harmful to nature.
- On the basis of distribution channel, South America biostimulants market is segmented into direct, and indirect. In 2022, direct segment is expected to dominate the market because large scale farming as well as related industries needs high amount of stimulating products for high productivity of agricultural products so they directly contact with biostimulants manufacturing companies and hence it takes higher share.
South America Biostimulants Market Country Level Analysis
South America biostimulants market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, active ingredients, crop type, application method, form, origin, end user and distribution channel.
The countries covered in South America biostimulants market report are Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Chile, Ecuador, Uruguay, Paraguay and Rest of South America.
Brazil accounted for maximum share in the biostimulants market due to presence of large number of local players in the region. Argentina accounts for second largest market due to increasing growth in farming technologies in the region. Colombia has witnessed high growth in biostimulants due to large number of farmers in the region.
The country section of the biostimulants market report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export analysis are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Biostimulants
South America biostimulants market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products, impact of technology using life line curves and changes regulatory scenarios and their impact on the biostimulants market. The data is available for historic year 2012 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Biostimulants Market Share Analysis
Biostimulants market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Biostimulants market.
Some of the major players operating in the South America biostimulants market are UPL, Lallemand Inc., Agrinos, Koppert Biological Systems, Syngenta, SICIT Group S.p.A, Isagro S.p.A., ILSA S.p.A., OMEX, Trade Corporation International, Bayer AG, Marrone Bio Innovations, Inc., SEIPASA, S.A., Innovak Global, SA de CV, Stoller Group, Yara, BASF SE, Novozymes, Atlantica Agricola, Italpollina Spa, SummitAgro, and others.
- In July 2020, Syngenta announced collaboration with IICA (Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture). Accordingly, the collaboration was able to implement actions aimed at increasing farmers’ productivity in a sustainable manner and protecting food security in Latin America and the Caribbean. This enabled the company to implement scientific developments in crop protection and seed improvement in rural areas of Latin America and the Caribbean together with IICA.
- In March 2020, SICIT Group S.p.A. and Syngenta announced collaboration to promote sustainable agriculture by signing of a supply contract for ISABION and HICURE biostimulants. The agreement also emphasized on the development of collagen-based biostimulants in the near future. This enabled the company to increase access for farmers to innovative solutions for sustainable farming.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for biostimulants market through expanded product range.
Customization Available: South America Biostimulants Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.