Global Chitosan Market By Source (Shrimp, Crab, Squid, Krill), Grade (Industrial, Food, and Pharmaceutical), Application (Water Treatment, Pharmaceutical & biomedical, Cosmetics, Food & beverage, Industrial, Agrochemical, Others), Geography (North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026 ;
Market Analysis: Global Chitosan Market
Global chitosan market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 14.8% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The rise in the market value can be attributed to the growing awareness about health globally, unique properties of chitosan and availability of abundant raw material. The report contains data of the base year 2018 and historic year 2017.
Market Definition: Global Chitosan Market
Chitosan is a kind of carbohydrate that is bonded with number of sugar molecules. It contains chitin and chitosan, which are two naturally abundant and renewable polymers that shows varied properties like non-toxicity, adsorption, nature-friendly and biodegradability. The compound is used for various applications particularly in the industries like agrochemicals, water treatment and cosmetics.
- The availability of abundant raw materials acts as a market driver
- Ongoing R&D activities to find the novel applications of chitosan is another factor boosting the market growth
- Prevailing applications of chitosan from the end user industry will uplift the market growth in the forecast period
- Rising awareness among the people regarding the uses of chitosan will boost the market growth
- High production cost of chitosan will hamper the market growth
- Chitosan can offer some product inconsistency due to seasonal and chemical modification will also impede the market growth
- Regulations and compliances regarding the usage of bio-based materials will also restrict the growth of the market
Segmentation: Global Chitosan Market
- Water Treatment
- Pharmaceutical & biomedical
- Food & beverage
- North America
- South America
- Rest of South America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In March 2019, DRDO, the Indian Defence Research and Development Organisation, have developed ‘combat drugs’ in order to reduce causalities caused in the warfare. Among all the other combat drugs that they have invented, Chitosan gel helps to prevent blood loss by creating a film over the wound, thus stopping the bleeding
- In February 2019, Axio Biosolutions Pvt Ltd, a Bangalore based company, launched a next generation wound care dressing, which is made of chitosan. The product will provide faster healing to the patients who are suffering from cavity wounds, venous leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers and others. With this new launch, the company gained a huge name in the market
Global chitosan market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of chitosan market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the chitosan market are Panvo Organics Pvt Ltd, Qingdao Yunzhou Biochemistry co., ltd., , Advanced Biopolymers AS, meron, Heppe Medical Chitosan GmbH, Kitozyme, LLC, Kraeber & Co. GmbH, Foodchem International Corporation, FMC Corporation, Golden-Shell Pharmaceutical, Primex EHF, Nano3Bio, KOYO CHEMICAL CO.,LTD., Dainichiseika Color & Chemicals Mfg. Co., Ltd., Biothera Pharmaceuticals among others.
Research Methodology: Global Chitosan Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Key Insights in the report:
- Complete and distinct analysis of the market drivers and restraints
- Key market players involved in this industry
- Detailed analysis of the market segmentation
- Competitive analysis of the key players involved