West Africa Baby Food Market, By Category (Dried and Unprepared Baby Food, Milk & Milk Formula, Prepared Baby Food and Other Baby Food), Product Type (Infant Formulas, Fruit Purees, Growing Up Milk Products, Cereals & Cereal Based Bas, Veg Sticks, Teething Sticks, Mini Puffs/Pops, Porridges, Puddings, Croquettes, Nuggets, Purred Meats, Fortified Cereals, Dairy Alternative Drink Mixes, Instant Baby Food Mixes, Cookies And Others), Age (Below 6 Months, 6-12 Months, 13-24 Months and Above 24 Months), Source (Animal Source and Plant Based Source), Brand (Branded and Private Label), Distribution Channel (Store-Based Retailing And Non-Store Retailing), Country (Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin, Burkina Faso and Rest of West Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: West Africa Baby Food Market
West Africa baby food market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 6.4% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 1,088,269.62 thousand by 2028.
Baby food production is rapidly growing category of the major manufacturing players in the West Africa market. Product diversification in order to focus on health and fitness of the infants, growing organic trend, ethical and sustainable baby food products, along with fortification by using functional ingredients such as iron to support immune systems of the babies, aid sleep and reduce risk of allergies, for example, are major trends that places on product innovation, development and launches. Consumers from West Africa also prioritize quality and safety of the products, demanding a strong, safe brand image and good health credentials of the infants. Due to these reasons, the demand will furthermore increase in the coming years. Thus, to meet this demand of baby food, many companies are launching new products in the West African region.
Increase in the number of malnourished baby in West Africa along with number of baby food launches and Rise in women population in workforce are driving the West Africa Baby Food Market. In addition, rising awareness about meeting the nutritional need of babies, will also drive the growth of the West Africa Baby Food Market.
Whereas the major reasons for restraint of the West Africa Baby Food Market are Stringent government regulations on marketing of infant formula and Rising concern of adulterated baby food (increase in awareness regarding food preservatives).
This baby food market report provides details of new recent developments, trade regulations, import export analysis, production analysis, value chain optimization, market share, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, strategic market growth analysis, market size, category market growths, application niches and dominance, product approvals, product launches, geographic expansions, technological innovations in the market. To gain more info on Data Bridge Market Research contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you take an informed market decision to achieve market growth.
West Africa Baby Food Market Scope and Market Size
West Africa baby food market is categorized into six segments on the basis of category, product type, age, source, brand, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of category, the West Africa baby food market is segmented into dried unprepared baby food, milk & milk formula, prepared baby food and other baby food. In 2021, the dried unprepared baby food segment is anticipated to dominate the West Africa baby food market due to its convenience and extended shelf life.
- On the basis of product type, the West Africa baby food market is segmented into infant formulas, fruit purees, growing up milk products, cereals & cereal based bars, teething sticks, mini puffs/pops, porridges, puddings, croquettes, pureed meats, fortified cereals, dairy alternative drink mixes, instant baby food mixes, cookies and others. In 2021, cereals & cereal based bars segment is expected to dominate the West Africa Baby Food due to increased demand for cereal based baby food among the mothers as there is awareness among the consumers about the health benefits of the cereals and cereals bars.
- On the basis of age, the West Africa baby food market is segmented into below 6 months, 6-12 months, 13-24 months and above 24 months. In 2021, the 6-12 months segment is anticipated to dominate the West Africa baby food market due to the availability of a wide range of products and growing demand for products from6-12 months.
- On the basis of source, the West Africa baby food market is segmented into animal source and plant-based source. In 2021, the plant-based source is expected to dominate the West Africa baby food market due to increased awareness about the health benefits offered by plant-sourced baby food products and the increase in demand for more natural and plant-based food among consumers.
- On the basis of brand, the West Africa baby food market is segmented into branded and private label. In 2021, the branded segment is anticipated to dominate the West Africa baby food market due to the availability of huge branded labeled products in the market.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the West Africa baby food market is segmented into store-based retailing and non-store retailing. In 2021, the store-based retailing segment is anticipated to dominate the West Africa baby food market due to the availability of the products in convenience, grocery, and pharmacy stores in large numbers and easy to purchase from a retail store.
West Africa Baby Food Market: Country Level Analysis
West Africa baby food market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, category, product type, age, source, brand, and distribution channel as referenced above.
Based on countries, West Africa baby food market is segmented into Ghana, Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Togo, Benin, Burkina Faso and Rest of West Africa.
- In West Africa baby food market, Nigeria is dominating due to rising awareness about meeting the nutritional need of babies and increase in number of baby food launches. However, Ghana is dominating due to increase in the number of malnourished baby. While Burkina Faso is dominating the market due to rise in women population in workforce will add to the growth of the market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of West Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Baby Food in Food Industry
West Africa baby food market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in baby food and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the baby food market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and West Africa Baby Food Market Share Analysis
West Africa baby food market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, India presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to baby food market.
Some of the major players operating in this market are Nestlé, FrieslandCampina, Promasidor, Danone, Abbott, Babygrubz, The Kraft Heinz Company, Kendal Nutricare Limited, Symrise and Alter Farmacia among others.
Many expansions are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of West Africa baby food market.
- In March 2020, Nestlé launched single-material pouch for its baby food products. It is developed in partnership with Gualapack, who is the world leader of pre-made spouted pouches, this latest initiative is by Gerber (a brand of Nestle) in its journey to make 100 per cent of its packaging recyclable or reusable by 2025.
- In March 2020, Promasidor Nigeria launched Sunvita Choco Crunch into the Nigerian market in an exclusive Consumer Engagement where students from selected schools were invited to explore the making of the new breakfast cereal variant and were informed about the uniqueness of its content.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company footprints in the baby food market which also provides the benefit for organization’s profit growth.