Africa Underground Mining Equipment Market, By Mining Equipment (Mining Dozers/Loaders, Mining Drills, Mining Haulers, Others), Power Output (Less Than 500 hp, 500-2000 hp, Greater than 2000 hp), Mining Method (Longwall Mining, Room and Pillar, Block Caving, Shrinkage Stoping, Sublevel Caving, Cut and Fill Mining, Others), Movement Based (Wheeled, Crawler), Drive Type (Human Drivers, Autonomous), Application (Metal Mining, Coal Mining, Non-Metal Mining), Purchase Mode (Rented/Leased, New Purchase), Operating Weight (More Than 14,000kg, Less Than 14,000kg), Propulsion Type (Diesel, Electric, CNG/LNG/RNG), Country (South Africa, Congo, D.R., Egypt, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Rest of Africa) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2029
Market Analysis and Insights: Africa Underground Mining Equipment Market
Africa underground mining equipment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 4.6% in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 and is expected to reach USD 2,560.23 million by 2029. Increasing demand for coal in energy sector is boosting the Africa underground mining equipment market.
The process of obtaining resources from under the surface utilizing various subsurface methods is underground mining. Driving heavy machineries underground, breaking up the rocks, and putting them into a vat or tank below ground is a common mining process. Underground mining is used in a variety of sectors, including gold panning, iron ore panning, limestone mining, slate mining, coal mining, petroleum prospecting, and others. The technological advancement in the mining operation has made all the mining process easier and safe. Different equipment used in undergrounding mining are heavy-duty trucks, large dozers, hydraulic mining shovels, electric rope shovels, motor graders, drillers, loaders among others.
Growing demand for metal in different industries acts as a driver in the Africa Underground mining equipment market. Lack of skilled workforce prove to be a challenge. However, technological advancement and innovation in mining industry are expected to provide opportunities for the Africa underground mining equipment market. The stringent regulations for mining can prove to be a restrain for the market.
The Africa underground mining equipment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Africa Underground mining equipment market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Africa Underground Mining Equipment Market Scope and Market Size
The Africa Underground mining equipment market is segmented based on mining equipment, power output, mining method, movement based, drive type, application, purchase mode, operating weight and propulsion type. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- Based on mining equipment, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into mining dozers/loaders, mining drills, mining haulers and others. In 2022, mining dozers/loaders is expected to dominate the Africa underground mining equipment market as it is fast and effective in underground loading which rise the demand for mining dozers/loaders in the market.
- Based on power output, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into less than 500 hp, 500-2000hp and greater than 2000hp. In 2022, less than 500 hp segment is anticipated to dominate as it enhances engine reliability and provide superior performance in the most demanding underground mining applications.
- Based on mining method, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into longwall mining, room and pillar, block caving, shrinkage stopping, sublevel caving, cut and fill mining and others. In 2022, longwall mining segment is anticipated to dominate the market as it provide better resource recovery which is about 80% compared with room and pillar method. In addition, it provide safety to the miners under the hydraulic roof supports when they are extracting coal.
- Based on movement based, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into wheeled and crawler. In 2022, wheeled segment is anticipated to dominate the market as it is high flexible and can travel rapidly among different jobsites. Also low heat resistance of tyre’s provide stability and safety which rise its demand in the market.
- Based on drive type, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into human drivers and autonomous. In 2022, human drivers is anticipated to dominate the market as it increase the employment which further lead to growth in the country’s economy.
- Based on application, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into metal mining, coal mining and non-metal mining. In 2022, metal mining segment is anticipated to dominate the market as the metal is used as a raw material for production of different electronic appliances, also use in the manufacturing of valuable jewelry.
- Based on purchase mode, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into rented/leased and new purchase. In 2022, rented/leased segment is anticipated to dominate the market, as renting is the most practical and cost-effective way to acquire equipment.
- Based on operating weight, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into more than 14,000kg and less than 14000 kg. In 2022, more than 14,000kg segment is anticipated to dominate the market as they are more versatile and can perform heavy dirt hauling jobs. In addition, they can provide excellent ground hold and mobility through very rough terrain at the mining site.
- On the basis of propulsion type, the Africa underground mining equipment market is segmented into diesel, electric and CNG/LNG/RNG. In 2022, diesel segment is anticipated to dominate the market as they are more rugged and reliable. Also massive drills and other machinery used for excavating, along with belts, pulleys, and carts works on diesel, which rise its demand in the market.
Africa Underground Mining Equipment Market Country Level Analysis
The Africa underground mining equipment market is analyzed, and market size mining equipment, power output, mining method, movement based, drive type, application, purchase mode, operating weight and propulsion type as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Africa underground mining equipment market report are South Africa, Congo, D.R., Egypt, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Rest of Africa.
The mining dozers/loaders segment is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2022 to 2029 due to the higher demand with the consumer. South Africa dominates the Africa underground mining equipment market due to the higher investment in the country and major reserves of gold and platinum. Congo, D.R. dominates the region due to the increasing investments in cobalt, copper, diamond. Egypt dominates the mining with presence of gold, copper, silver and zinc.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of Africa brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising demand for Electrified Mining Equipment is boosting the Market Growth of Africa Underground Mining Equipment Market
The Africa Underground mining equipment market also provides you with a detailed market analysis for every country's growth in a particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historical period 2011 to 2020.
Competitive Landscape and Africa Underground Mining Equipment Market Share Analysis
The Africa Underground mining equipment market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the Africa Underground mining equipment market.
The major companies which are dealing in the Africa Underground mining equipment are AARD Mining Equipment, AB Volvo, BELAZ, Boart Longyear, Caterpillar, Epiroc AB, FLSmidth, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd, Hyundai Doosan Infracore, Komatsu Ltd., Liebherr, Liugong Machinery Co., Ltd., Metso Outotec, MINE MASTER LTD, QINGDAO FAMBITION HEAVY MACHINERY CO., LTD., RDH-SCHARF, Sandvik AB, SANY Groups, Terex Corporation, XCMG Group among others in domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many contracts and agreements are also initiated by the companies worldwide, which accelerates the Africa Underground mining equipment market.
- In September 2021, Liebherr partners with Hexagon to deliver next generation mine automation. With this agreement, Liebherr demonstrates the interoperability of its autonomous offering. Integrating the power of Hexagon’s technologies with Liebherr’s state-of-art autonomous solutions delivers higher levels of on-board intelligence, with reduced dependency on site infrastructure and centralized supervisory systems. This partnership benefited the company in improving the product portfolio with respect to automation systems. Thereby, improvements in artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- In June 2021, Hyundai Doosan Infracore unveiled the DL380-7, one of its new -7 Series wheel loaders at World of Concrete 2021. The Doosan DL380-7 is the company's next-generation wheel loader, replacing the DL350-5. The standard bucket of the DL380-7 has a 7% larger capacity than the DL350- 5's. Thus, the company will be able to offer the loader with improved rear visibility and productivity.
Customization Available: Africa Underground Mining Equipment Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customized to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market, and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analyzed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.