Asia-Pacific Collagen Market, By Product Type (Gelatine, Hydrolysed Collagen, Native Collagen, Collagen Peptide, Others), Type (Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV), Form (Powder, Liquid), Source (Bovine, Poultry, Porcine, Marine, Others), Product Category (GMO, Non-GMO), Function (Texture, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Finding, Others), Application (Food Products, Beverages, Nutraceuticals and Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics and Personal Care, Animal Feed, Laboratory Tests, Others), Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028.
Collagen market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with the CAGR of 6.8% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and expected to reach USD 1,230.01 million by 2028. Increasing demand of beverages among consumers is a driving factor for the market growth.
Collagen are kind of fibrous components which are extracted from the bones, tendons, ligaments as well as skin of various kinds of animals such as pigs, cats, fishes among others. The collagen is used in the manufacturing of different kinds of medicines which helps in curing the heart diseases as well as provides relief from the joint pain. The collagen is also used in cosmetics that moisturize the skin, decrease wrinkles and strengthen the skin. It has wide range of application in food products, beverages, dietary supplements and several others.
Easy availability of raw material of collagen such as farm animals among others will increase the production of collagen products that drives the market. Regulations over the imports of raw material for the production of gelatine and collagen products in may hamper the market growth. Recent technological advancements including formation of collagen-based pellet as gene delivery carrier may serves as an opportunity in the market and high cost of processing expenditure in the collagen industry possess a challenge in the market.
This collagen market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographical expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Collagen market is segmented on basis of product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into gelatine, hydrolysed collagen, native collagen, collagen peptide and others. In 2021, gelatine segment is dominating globally because of growing popularity of gelatines in cosmetic industry.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into type I, type II, type III and type IV. In 2021, type I segment is dominating globally because it supports the good teeth growth.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2021, powder segment is dominating the market as the demand of powder has grown substantially and it is easily available with a greater shelf life.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bovine, poultry, porcine, marine and others. The bovine segment is further segmented into cattle, buffaloes, yak and others. In 2021, bovine segment is dominating globally as most of the most of the wound coverings materials are mainly manufactured by this material.
- On the basis of product category, the market is segmented into GMO and non-GMO. In 2021, non-GMO segment is dominating the market as the demand of non-GMO in collagen has increased because of non-GMO is highly used as an organic source which is in high demand.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into texture, stabilizer, emulsifier, finding and others. In 2021, stabilizer segment is dominating the market because of growing usage of the dietary products among consumers.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into food products, beverages, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements, cosmetics and personal care, animal feed, laboratory tests and others. In 2021, food products segment is dominating because of the increase popularity of proteinous food among the consumers.
Collagen Market Country Level Analysis
Collagen market is segmented on basis of product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application.
The countries covered in collagen market report are Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Philippines, and rest of Asia-Pacific.
Japan dominates the Asia-Pacific collagen market followed by China and India. Japan dominates as the consumers in Japan are more aware focused towards their health. China dominates the market due to growing cosmetic industry that uses collagen as a raw material or ingredient. India dominates the market due to growing medical sector is growing very rapidly in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Consumption of Collagen in the Laboratories for New Experiments
Collagen market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in collagen and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the collagen market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Collagen Market Share Analysis
Collagen market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to collagen market.
The major players covered in the report are Ashland, DSM, Collagen Solutions Plc, Rousselot (A Subsidiary of Darling Ingredients Inc.) , GELITA AG, COBIOSA, Nippi Collagen NA Inc., et-chem, ConnOils LLC, Holista Colltech, Amicogen, Collagen Solutions Plc, Vital Proteins .L.C.c, Weishardt Titan Biotech among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of collagen market.
- In February 2020, Rousselot had announced revamp of the Peptan.com product as a multilingual website in 8 languages. The expansion helps in generating the revenue and increases the customer base of the business.
- In July 2019, GELITA AG developed the first vegan gelling agent sheet form. The sheet based gelatin helps in providing flexibility to the finished goods. The expansion helps in increasing goodwill and generates revenue of the company in the market.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for collagen through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Collagen Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Fact book) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.