Asia-Pacific Collagen Market, By Product Type (Gelatin, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Native Collagen, Collagen Peptide and Others), Type (Type I, Type II, Type III and Type IV), Form (Powder and Liquid), Source (Bovine, Poultry, Porcine, Marine and Others), Product Category (GMO and Non-GMO), Function (Texture, Stabilizer, Emulsifier, Finding and Others), Application (Food Products, Beverages, Nutraceuticals & Dietary Supplements, Cosmetics & Personal Care, Animal Feed, Laboratory Tests and Others), Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, New Zealand, Vietnam and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
Market Analysis and Insights: Asia-Pacific Collagen Market
Collagen market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing at a CAGR of 7.8% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027 and is expected to reach USD 2,578,497.22 thousand by 2027. Increasing use of collagen proteins in the pharmaceutical industry are the factors driving the market growth.
Asia-Pacific region is dominating due to the population of the countries such as China and India which is very huge and boosts the demand of cosmetics among the consumers. The growing demand of the collagen as ingredient in various health supplements is another reason of increasing demand of the collagen. The collagen as biomaterials in the laboratories is gaining prevalence among the researchers due to which the demand for collagen in Asia-Pacific collagen market is increasing at a higher rate. The major restraint which has been found is increasing risk of allergies which can be transmitted from animal sources restraining the growth of the collagen market. The manufacturers are developing new collagen based pellets or tablets in an innovative as well as in better way which are already available in the market, and acts as an opportunity for the market growth. The lack of the proper processing technologies for the raw material of the collagen can be the challenge for the Asia-Pacific collagen market.
This collagen market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific Collagen Market Scope and Market Size
Asia-Pacific collagen market is segmented on the basis of product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of product type, the market is segmented into gelatin, hydrolyzed collagen, native collagen, collagen peptide and others. In 2020, the demand of gelatin segment is dominating because of the huge elasticity property which provides softness to the finished products.
- On the basis of type, the market is segmented into type I, type II, type III and type IV. In 2020, type I segment is dominating in the market because it can easily be mixed in other types of collagen.
- On the basis of form, the market is segmented into powder and liquid. In 2020, the demand of powder segment has been growing very rapidly because of the fewer side effects as compared to the liquid form.
- On the basis of source, the market is segmented into bovine, poultry, porcine, marine and others. In 2020, the bovine segment is dominating in the market because of easy availability of the bovine animals in the region.
- On the basis of product category, the market is segmented into GMO and non-GMO. In 2020, the demand of non-GMO segment in the collagen market has increased because of the easy certification as compared to the GMO products.
- On the basis of function, the market is segmented into texture, stabilizer, emulsifier, finding and others. In 2020, the stabilizer segment is dominating in the market because of increasing demand of the collagen as stabilizer in food products.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into food products, beverages, nutraceuticals and dietary supplements, cosmetics & personal care, animal feed, laboratory tests and others. In 2020, the food products segment is dominating in the region because collagen helps in managing weight which has widened its applications in food stuffs.
Collagen Market Country Level Analysis
Asia-Pacific market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, product type, type, form, source, product category, function and application as referenced above.
The countries covered in Asia-Pacific collagen market report are Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, New Zealand, Vietnam and rest of Asia-Pacific.
China is dominating the market due to increasing demand of collagen as a food stabilizer which boosts the demand of collagen market in the region. The increasing scale of fishing industry to use fish as a raw material for gelatin production has increased the usage of collagen in the production of the medicines. Though, the growing fishing industry maximizes the extraction of the collagen form the fishes which can be the driver for the collagen in the Asia-Pacific collagen market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Technological Advancements which Includes Formation of Collagen-Based Pellet as Gene Delivery Carrier in Asia-Pacific Collagen Market
Asia-Pacific collagen market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in installed base of different kind of products for collagen market, impact of technology using life line curves and changes in infant formula regulatory scenarios and their impact on the collagen market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Collagen Market Share Analysis
Asia-Pacific collagen market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, clinical trials pipelines, brand analysis, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to collagen market.
The major players covered in the Asia-Pacific collagen market report are DSM, Rousselot (A Subsidiary of Darling Ingredients Inc.), GELITA AG, Collagen Solutions Plc, COBIOSA, Ashland, ET-Chem, Holista Colltech, Nippi Collagen NA Inc. and among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of collagen market.
- In March 2017, Collagen Solutions Plc introduced new online B to C sales in the U.S. in order to provide the standard collagen products to the consumers. The expansion helped in increasing the customer base of the company which maximises revenue of the business.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for collagen products through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific Collagen Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.