Asia Pacific Knee Cartilage Repair Market, By Treatment (Cell-based and Non-cell-based), Surgery, (Osteochondral Autograft Transplantation, Osteochondral Allograft Transplantation, Micro Fracture, Drilling, Abrasion Arthroplasty, Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation, and Others), Devices (Implants, Osteotomy, Bone Grafts, Arthroscopy, Resurfacing, Arthrodesis, and Others), Application (Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteonecrosis, Fractures, Bone Tumors, and Others), End User (Hospital, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Independent Centers) Distribution Channel (Third Party Distributor, Online Sales, Direct Sales, and Others), Country (Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast To 2028.
Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is expected to gain significant growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyzes that the market is growing with a CAGR of 8.0% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 603.41 million by 2028. Increasing number of old age population and rising prevalence of joint disorders such as osteoarthritis are expected to drive the growth of the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market.
Cartilage is smooth, elastic, rubber-like tissue, which covers and protects the ends of the knee joints. Articular cartilage, particularly found in the knee joint, has a low friction coefficient, a high wear resistance, and weak regenerating properties. It is responsible for most of the knee joint's compressive resistance and load bearing properties and walking without it is quite uncomfortable. Osteoarthritis is a common cartilage failing disorder that can cause decreased range of motion, bone deterioration, and, pain. It causes the articular surface to wear away, and in severe cases, bone can be exposed in the joint due to a combination of acute stress and chronic exhaustion. Cellular matrix linkage rupture, chondrocyte protein synthesis inhibition, and chondrocyte apoptosis are some more examples of cartilage failure processes.
Increasing number of old age population, rising prevalence of joint disorders such as osteoarthritis, increase in investments in research and development activities, growing popularity of minimal invasive procedures, increase in the number of road accidents and sports-related injuries, and rise in obesity concerns among the population are expected to drive the growth of the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market. However, high cost of cartilage repair surgeries complications associated with elder population is restraining the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market growth. Increasing technological upgrade and advancements in knee cartilage repair and Increase in the prevalence of OA (osteoarthritis) due to an unhealthy lifestyle act as an opportunity for the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market. On the other hand, stringent government regulations may act as a challenge for the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market growth.
The Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an analyst brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is segmented on the basis of treatment, surgery, devices, application, end user, and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of treatment, the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is segmented into cell-based and non-cell-based. In 2021, cell-based segment is expected to dominate the market due to rising prevalence of joint disorders such as osteoarthritis in the region.
- On the basis of surgery, the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is segmented into osteochondral autograft transplantation, osteochondral allograft transplantation, micro fracture, drilling, abrasion arthroplasty, autologous chondrocyte implantation, and others. In 2021, autologous chondrocyte implantation segment is expected to dominate the market as due to recent technological developments in chondrocyte implantation.
- On the basis of devices, the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is segmented into implants, osteotomy, bone grafts, arthroscopy, resurfacing, arthrodesis, and others. In 2021, implants segment is expected to dominate the market owing increasing cases osteoarthritis due to unhealthy lifestyle of people in the developing countries.
- On the basis of application, the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is segmented into osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteonecrosis, fractures, bone tumors, and others. In 2021, osteoarthritis segment is expected to dominate the market owing to rise in obesity concerns among the population, which eventually leads to cartilage loss.
- On the basis of end user, the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is segmented into hospital, ambulatory surgical centers, and independent centers. In 2021, hospital segment is expected to dominate the market due to increasing cases of knee injury and rising implementation of favorable reimbursement policies for knee replacement surgeries.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is segmented into third party distributor, online sales, direct sales, and others. In 2021, direct sales segment is expected to dominate the market owing to transparency between customers along with better convenience of the customers.
Knee Cartilage Repair Market Country Level Analysis
Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market is analyzed and market size information is provided based on country, treatment, surgery, devices, application, end user, and distribution channel as referenced above.
Countries covered in the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market report are Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, and Rest of Asia Pacific.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Strategic Activities by Major Market Players to Enhance the Awareness for Knee Cartilage Repair, Boosting the Growth of Asia Pacific Knee Cartilage Repair Market.
Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in particular market. Additionally, it provides the detail information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Knee Cartilage Repair Market Share Analysis
Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, and technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market.
Major companies operating in the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market are Smith+Nephew, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, B. Braun Melsungen AG, The Future of Biotechnology, MEDIPOST, Vericel Corporation, CONMED Corporation, Medical Devices Business Services (DePuy Synthes), Meril Life Sciences Pvt. Ltd., Arthrex, Inc., Medacta International, Teijin Nakashima Medical Co., Ltd., BioTissue SA, ISTO Technologies, Inc., CartiHeal, Inc., Mathys AG Bettlach, Waldemar Link GmbH & Co.KG, JRI Orthopaedics, Regentis Biomaterials Ltd., Auxein Medical., EVOLUTIS INDIA PVT. LTD., and Japan MDM, Inc. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Various contracts and agreements are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are further accelerating the Asia Pacific knee cartilage repair market growth.
- In April 2021, Stryker has partnered with Minor League Baseball and became the official SmartRobotics joint replacement partner. Stryker has launched the latest innovation in joint replacement technology, Mako SmartRobotics, which uses a 3D CT-based planning software for hip and knee replacement. It helps the surgeons to create a 3D image of each patient’s unique anatomy.
- In March 2021, Smith-Nephew and Huma The digital technology developed a remote patient monitoring app for orthopaedic surgery. Due to COVID-19, surgeries in the UK are running at 50% of usual capacity due to which there are about 250,000 patients on waiting lists for orthopaedic operations. In order to restart safe surgery, the company, along with Huma, developed a way for surgeons to prepare their patients in a better way through remote patient monitoring by app.