Asia-Pacific SiC Power Semiconductor Market By Type (MOSFETS, Hybrid Modules, Schottky Barrier Diodes (SBDS), SiC Bare Die, Pin Diode, Junction FET (JFET), Bipolar Junction Transistor (BJT) and Others), Voltage Range (Less than 300V, 301-900V, 901-1700V, 1701V and Above), Application (Power Supplies, Electric Vehicles (EV), EV Charging Infrastructure, Industrial Motor Drives, Inverters, RF Devices and Others), Wafer Size (2 Inch, 4 Inch, 6 Inch and Above), Wafer Type (Blank SiC wafers and SiC Epitaxial Wafers), Vertical (Industrial, Commercial, Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Utilities & Energy, Aerospace & Defense, Medical, IT And Telecommunications and Others), Country (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2027
SiC power semiconductor market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 20.8% in the forecast period of 2019 to 2027 and expected to reach USD 949.46 million by 2027. Growing demand of high thermal conductivity material in industrial sector is driving the market growth.
Increasing manufacturing industries in the region and need for high conductivity material with longer durability is driving the market growth as the new SiC power semiconductor have features of better thermal conductivity and longer durability than Silicon material. Also, reduced priced has helped companies to adopt SiC based semiconductors.
This SiC Power Semiconductor Market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Asia-Pacific SiC power semiconductor market is segmented on the basis of type, voltage range, application, wafer size, wafer type and vertical. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, global SiC power semiconductor market is segmented into MOSFETS, hybrid modules, schottky barrier diodes (SBDS), sic bare die, PiN diode, junction FET (JFET), bipolar junction transistor (BJT) and others. The MOSFETS are dominating the market considering its major applications in manufacturing electronic switches in electronic devices. Also, MOSFET is most commonly used transistor in electronic circuits.
- On the basis of voltage range, global SiC power semiconductor market is segmented into less than 300V, 301-900V, 901-1700V, 1701V and above. The 901 – 1700 V range is dominating the market as product range offered by market leaders such as Cree, Infineon, ROHM and others lies in the voltage range of 901-1700. Also, 901-1700 V range offers sooth conduction of operations for SiC semiconductor devices.
- On the basis of application, the market is segmented into power supplies, electric vehicles (EV), EV charging infrastructure, industrial motor drives, inverters, RF devices and others. Power Supplies segment is dominating the market considering power supplies are primary part of any electronic applications and reduced prices allows manufacturers to replace silicon based power supplies with SiC power semiconductor.
- On the basis of wafer size, the market is segmented into 2 inch, 4 inch, 6 inch and above. The 6 inch and above size wafer is dominating the market considering its advantage of many integrated circuits can be produced on larger wafer size which aids in cost reduction. Also, fabrication on larger wafer size can be done reduced time.
- On the basis of wafer type, the market is segmented blank SiC wafers and SiC epitaxial wafers. Sic epitaxial wafers holds largest market share in wafer type segment due to its compatibility with large sized wafers, hence in proportion with 6 inch and above wafer size epitaxial wafers are also growing and dominating the segment.
- On the basis of vertical, the market is segmented into industrial, commercial, automotive, consumer electronics, utilities & energy, aerospace & defense, medical, IT and telecommunications, others. Industrial segment holds largest market share in vertical segment as most of the world’s manufacturing production is present in the region also countries such as China, Japan and India are hub for semiconductor based material production and consumption.
SiC Power Semiconductor Market Country Level Analysis
SiC power semiconductor market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, voltage range, application, wafer size, wafer type and vertical. The countries covered in SiC power semiconductor market report are China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines and Rest of Asia-Pacific.
China dominates the Asia-Pacific SiC power semiconductor market as majority of world’s manufacturing is done in China for semiconductor based components; also Silicon production and consumption is at higher rate in China.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Asia-Pacific brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising demand of SiC power semiconductor in the industrial applications due to reduced prizes
SiC power semiconductor market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in SiC power semiconductor and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the SiC power semiconductor market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and SiC power semiconductor Market Share Analysis
SiC power semiconductor market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, Asia-Pacific presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Asia-Pacific SiC power semiconductor market.
The major players covered in the report are Cree, Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, Microsemi (A Subsidiary of Microchip Technology), Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation, Texas Instruments Incorporated, NXP Semiconductors, Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC, STMicroelectronics, Fuji Electric Co., Ltd., ROHM CO., LTD., GE, Global Power Technologies Group, Littelfuse, Inc., UnitedSiC, SEMIKRON, Hitachi Power Semiconductor Device among other domestic and Asia-Pacific players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of SiC power semiconductor market.
- In May 2019, AC/DC Converter ICs with integrated 1700V SiC MOSFET was launched by Rohm. The product is capable of handling high voltage and providing low losses feature using SiC MOSFET.
- In August 2018, Hitachi launched new SiC material based semiconductor device. This product will support the motor drive inverters and is launched keeping he eye on market of electric vehicles.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for SiC power semiconductor through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Asia-Pacific SiC power semiconductor Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.