Belgium Advanced Wound Care Market, By Product Type (Dressing, Biologics, Therapy Devices, and Others), Wound Type (Primary Wound Care, Secondary Wound Care, and Tertiary Wound Care), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Wound Care Centers, Ambulatory Centers, Home Healthcare and Others), Distribution Channel (Direct Tenders and Retail), Country (Belgium) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Market Analysis and Insights: Belgium Advanced Wound Care Market
The Belgium advanced wound care market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 2.0% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 101.44 million by 2028. The factors driving the growth of the advanced wound care market are new product launches and the increasing number of patients undergoing surgical procedures.
The wounds damage healthy skin and mucous membranes, which occur in many forms such as abrasion, laceration, puncture, and avulsions. They could be chronic or acute. Acute wounds are caused by trauma and sustained by surgery. In contrast, chronic injuries are associated with major systemic diseases such as infection, oral ulceration, stomatitis, and poor wound healing and generally do not cure properly and promptly. Cancer patients are at high risk of wound development caused by complications due to cancer, poor performance, and iatrogenic causes such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy. Wound treatment and prevention can be complicated, particularly if the patient lives with complicating factors that can raise the chances of new injuries and delay the cure of existing ones.
Advanced wound care products have been developed to handle more complex wounds. These products include alginates, hydrogels, film, hydrocolloids, and foam dressings. Advanced wound therapy focuses on the moisture therapy principle, which provides moisture for the wound for natural cell healing and even allows wound breathing space. The materials used in humid wound care are usually more resistant to the chemical toxins and internal contaminants of different forms and sizes of the wound.
Increasing cases of chronic wounds, new product launches, the increasing number of patients undergoing surgical procedures, rising awareness programs, and increasing research and development are driving the growth of the Belgium advanced wound care market. However, the high costs associated with the treatment of stringent manufacturing policies may restrain the market growth.
To attract more customers and create new marketing opportunities for growing companies engaged in advanced wound care, healthcare professionals and researchers are developing new and innovative products, leading to the growth of the advanced wound care market. Lack of expertise in wound care handling may challenge the Belgium advanced wound care market growth.
The Belgium advanced wound care market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the Belgium advanced wound care market scenario, contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief; our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The Belgium advanced wound care market is segmented into four notable segments based on product type, wound type, end user, and distribution channel.
- On the basis of product type, the Belgium advanced wound care market is segmented into dressing, biologics, therapy devices, and others. In 2021, the dressing segment is expected to dominate the market due to the growing usage in the region.
- On the basis of wound type, the Belgium advanced wound care market is segmented into primary wound care, secondary wound care, and tertiary wound care. In 2021, the primary wound care segment is expected to dominate the market because it is the essential step in wound treatment
- On the basis of end user, the Belgium advanced wound care market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, wound care centers, ambulatory centers, home healthcare, and others. In 2021, the hospitals segment is expected to dominate the market as hospitals have a higher number of patients visiting for surgical wound treatment.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the Belgium advanced wound care market is segmented into direct tenders and retail. In 2021, the direct tenders segment is expected to dominate due to the higher output and popularity in the region.
The market there is primarily driven by a pressing need for swift and safer treatment of chronic wounds, initiatives taken by the government, the rising geriatric population, and technological advances in the field. The growing prevalence of several lifestyle disorders leading to pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcers, and diabetic foot ulcers is expected to drive the market over the forecast period further. New types of ulcers emerging in the country are expected to increase the demand for advanced wound care caused by the disease.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in market regulation that impact the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts, and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, the presence and availability of Belgium brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, the impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Increasing Number of Patients Undergoing Surgical Procedures
As per the council of the European Union, the population prevalence of wounds is 3-4/1000 people, which equates to between 1.5-2.0 million of the 491 million inhabitants of the EU 27 with an annual incidence of 4 million individuals. This is expected to aid the market growth over the forecast period.
The Belgium advanced wound care market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country's growth in a particular market. Additionally, it provides detailed information regarding the market players’ strategy and their geographical presence. The data is available for the historical period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Belgium Advanced Wound Care Market Share Analysis
The Belgium advanced wound care market competitive landscape provides details by the competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width, and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to the Belgium advanced wound care market.
The major companies in the Belgium advanced wound care market are 3M, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Coloplast Group, Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (Medical Devices Business Services, Inc.) Medtronic, Smith & Nephew, Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Hollister Incorporated, Zimmer Biomet, Organogenesis Inc., ConvaTec Group PLC, Brightwake Ltd, AVERY DENNISON CORPORATION, MIMEDX, Advanced Medical Solutions Group plc, among others. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Market players are more focused on the new product development, acquisition, and other strategies to increase the market share.
- In March 2021, ConvaTec Group PLC was awarded a contract agreement for Ostomy products with Vizient, Inc. This will help the company to allow ConvaTec to continue our mission of pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch
- In June 2019, Smith+Nephew introduced PICO 14 Single Use Negative Pressure Wound Therapy System (sNPWT), which has a pump duration of 2 weeks and is used for deep wounds with 7 centimeters deepness. This reduces the requirement for fillers and decreases the frequency of dressing compared with the traditional system. This will help to increase its product portfolio with respect to clinical needs range and revenue of a company