Europe Bronchiectasis Market, By Disease Type (CF Bronchiectasis and Non-CF Bronchiectasis), Severity (Mild to Moderate and Moderate-to-Severe), Type (Diagnosis and Treatment), Drugs Type (Branded and Generics), Route of Administration (Oral, Parenteral and Inhalation), End User (Hospitals, Clinics, Home Healthcare and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacy, Retail Pharmacy, Online Pharmacy, Others), Country (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey, Austria, Norway, Hungary, Lithuania, Ireland, Poland, rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The bronchiectasis market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 250.46 million by 2028. Raising number of alcohol consumers and smokers and technological advancement for disease testing are the major drivers which propelled the demand of the bronchiectasis market in the forecast period.
Bronchiectasis is a term derived from Greek word bronckos which means airways and ectasis means widening. It is a chronic lung condition which is defined as abnormal and irreversible dilation of the bronchi in which both the muscular and elastic tissues are destroyed due to short-term and long-term infection. The combination of these infections leads to one or both lungs damage. The damage site is diagnosed by high resolution computed tomography (HRCT) scan in which it shows that the larger airways are mostly affected and in the smaller airways, the disease are not scanned that’s why some of the patients deals with symptoms for many years before the diagnosis.
The bronchiectasis diagnostics and treatment help critical care patients to provide healthy life which allows patients to save life, this is the reason for the rising patients’ population suffering from bronchiectasis and is acting as the driver for the bronchiectasis market growth. The high cost of diagnostics tools is acting as a restraint for hampering the demand of the bronchiectasis market. The increase in awareness programs for the bronchiectasis is one of the steps that have taken by the organizations and people around the world to minimize the spread of bronchiectasis. These awareness programs can act as an opportunity for the growth of the bronchiectasis market. The complications during the treatment of bronchiectasis act challenging for the healthcare providers which may challenge the bronchiectasis market growth.
The bronchiectasis market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localized market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the bronchiectasis market scenario contact Data Bridge Market Research for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The bronchiectasis market is segmented on the basis of the disease type, severity, type, drugs type, route of administration, end user and distribution channel. The growth among segments helps you analyze niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of disease type, the bronchiectasis market is segmented into CF bronchiectasis and non-CF bronchiectasis. In 2021, non-CF bronchiectasis segment is expected to dominate the bronchiectasis market as it co-exists with other respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and is highly prevalent among women and geriatric population.
- On the basis of severity, the bronchiectasis market is segmented into mild to moderate and moderate-to-severe. In 2021, mild to moderate segment is expected to dominate the bronchiectasis market because bronchiectasis is a progressive and chronic respiratory disorder which is characterized by persistent cough, abnormally dilated airways, excessive sputum production and recurrent pulmonary infections and all these symptoms are lifelong severe conditions.
- On the basis of type, the bronchiectasis market is segmented into diagnosis and treatment. In 2021, treatment segment is expected to dominate the bronchiectasis market because patient diagnosed with bronchiectasis have to rely on effective and novel drug therapies so as to lead a normal healthy life.
- On the basis of drugs type, the bronchiectasis market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2021, branded segment is expected to dominate the bronchiectasis market because drugs offered by the many companies are the patent formulation.
- On the basis of route of administration, the bronchiectasis market is segmented into oral, parenteral and inhalation. In 2021, inhalation segment is expected to dominate the bronchiectasis market because inhalation route of administration offers effective drug delivery directly to lung airways and increasing technological advancement for launch of smart inhalers that allows patients to maintain accurate drug dosage is also providing market with lucrative growth.
- On the basis of end user, the bronchiectasis market is segmented into hospitals, clinics, home healthcare and others. In 2021, hospitals segment is dominating the bronchiectasis market because hospitals provides with advanced diagnostic tools used for diagnosis of bronchiectasis associated symptoms.
- On the basis of distribution channel, the bronchiectasis market is segmented into hospital pharmacy, retail pharmacy, online pharmacy and others. In 2021, hospital pharmacy segment is expected to dominate the bronchiectasis market as hospital pharmacy has wide range of products as per the patients need and demand.
Europe Bronchiectasis Market Country Level Analysis
Europe bronchiectasis market is analyzed and market size information is provided on the basis of the country, disease type, severity, type, drugs type, route of administration, end user and distribution channel as referenced above.
The countries covered in the Europe bronchiectasis market report are the Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Switzerland, Belgium, Turkey, Austria, Norway, Hungary, Lithuania, Ireland, Poland, rest of Europe.
Non-CF bronchiectasis segment in Europe region is expected to grow with the highest growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 because non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis often coexists with other respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. The prevalence of NCFB is increasing, particularly in women and older individuals. Germany is leading the growth of the Europe bronchiectasis market and non-CF bronchiectasis segment is dominating in the region due to rise in prevalence of respiratory diseases. France is the fastest growing country in the Europe region due to rising research and development. The U.K. holds the third largest market share in the European region because of rising government initiatives to create awareness related to the serious respiratory diseases.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of Europe brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Growing Diagnostic Rate and Increasing Healthcare Expenditure are boosting the Bronchiectasis Market Growth
The bronchiectasis market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in bronchiectasis industry with bronchiectasis drugs sales, impact of advancement in the bronchiectasis technology and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the bronchiectasis market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Bronchiectasis Market Share Analysis
The bronchiectasis market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to bronchiectasis market.
The major companies covered in the Europe bronchiectasis market report are Abbott, HERSILL, Indogen, Inc., Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Medline Industries, Inc., Ache Laboratories Farmaceuticos S.A., Horizon Therapeutics plc, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), Trudell Medical International, GlaxoSmithKline plc, AstraZeneca, Pfizer Inc., Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp. (a subsidiary of Merck & Co., Inc.), Novartis AG, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Bayer AG, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. (a subsidiary of Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma Co., Ltd.), Viatris Inc., Covis Pharma, Cipla Inc. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the bronchiectasis market.
- In June 2019, AstraZeneca received approval for Breztri Aerosphere (PT010) in Japan for treatment of COPD. Breztri Aerosphere comprises of budesonide/glycopyrronium/formoterol fumarate and proved as new treatment choice among the people suffering from lung inflammation and other chronic obstructive disease. This approval helped the company to earn constant sales by expanding its product sales across several regions of world.
Collaboration, product launch, business expansion, award and recognition, joint ventures and other strategies by the market players is enhancing the company market in the bronchiectasis market which also provides the benefit for organization to improve their offering for bronchiectasis.