Europe Tunable Laser Market, By Type (Solid State Tunable Lasers, Gas Tunable Lasers, Fiber Tunable Lasers, Liquid Tunable Lasers, Free-Electron Laser (FEL), Nanoseconds Pulsed OPO and Others), Technology (External Cavity Diode Laser, Distributed Bragg Reflector Laser (DBR), Distributed Feedback Laser (DFB), Vertical Cavity Surface Emitting Lasers (VCSELS), Micro Electro Mechanical System (MEMS) and Others), Wavelength (Less Than 1000 Nm, 1000 nm-1500 nm and More Than 1500 nm), Application (Micro Processing, Drilling, Cutting, Welding, Engraving and Marking, Communication and Others), End User (Electronics And Semiconductors, Automotive, Aerospace, Telecommunication and Networking Devices, Medical, Manufacturing, Packaging and Others), Sales Channel (OEM and Aftermarket), Country (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Rest of Europe) Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
Tunable Laser market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 8.6% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 3,534.90 million by 2028. Growing technological developments in European region is acting as major factor for the growth of the market.
Europe is being highly penetrated by the adoption of advanced technologies and high growth in optical technologies for communication. Moreover, the region has high network traffic that is simplified by the use of tunable laser based optical communications thus boosting the demand of tunable lasers.
Tunable lasers offer the ability to tune the output wavelength as per the use of application. Some tunable lasers offer high speed tuning and are termed as wavelength agile or frequency agile. Tunable lasers generally operate in continuous fashion through a small emission bandwidth, however, some lasers also offer the ability of shifting the lines in the optical spectrum or the envelope of the frequency comb.
These lasers are used for wide range of applications such as remote sensing, material diagnostic, photochemistry, isotope separation, spectroscopy and medicine. The growth in optical technologies has led to high usage of lasers and the increasing need of precise micro-processes has augmented the need of tunable lasers.
This Tunable Laser market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
The tunable laser market is segmented into six notable segments which are based on type, technology, wavelength, application, end user and sales channel.
- On the basis of type, the tunable laser market has been segmented into solid state tunable lasers, gas tunable lasers, fiber tunable lasers, liquid tunable lasers, free-electron laser (FEL), nanoseconds pulsed OPO, and others. In 2021, solid state tunable lasers segment dominates the market with largest market share owing to its feature of offering additional freedom in the laser system design. Moreover, it provides lasers in tuning over hundreds of nanometers in the near- and mid-infrared spectral region.
- On the basis of technology, the tunable laser market has been segmented into external cavity diode laser, distributed bragg reflector laser (DBR), distributed feedback laser (DFB), vertical cavity surface emitting lasers (VCSELs), micro electro mechanical system (MEMS), and others. In 2021, external cavity diode lasers segment holds the largest market share as they provide wide tuning range (greater than 40 nm) and despite of the low tuning speed, it can take tens of milliseconds to change wavelengths which in result enhance its utilization rate in optical test and measurement equipment.
- On the basis of wavelength, the tunable laser market has been segmented into less than 1000 nm, 1000nm-1500nm and more than 1500nm. In 2021, 1000 nm to 1500 nm augment the market with maximum market share due to the excellent quantum efficiency and high fibre coupling efficiency. Adding to this, high flexibility and frequency locking performance also tends this segment to grow.
- On the basis of application, the tunable laser market has been segmented into micro processing, drilling, cutting, welding, engraving and marking, communication and others. In 2021, Communication segment dominates the market with largest market share due to the increase in the growth of optical communication in which tunable laser will helps in managing the wavelength, improving the network efficiency and in developing the next generation optical networks.
- On the basis of end user, the tunable laser market has been segmented into electronics and semiconductors, automotive, aerospace, telecommunication and networking devices, medical, manufacturing, packaging and others. In 2021, telecommunication segment holds the largest market share as tunable laser helps in increasing the network intelligence, functionality and efficiency. This laser type supports different tunable wavelengths for optimization and for better optic communication. Moreover, high penetration of internet is also one of the factor which will help this segment to grow.
- On the basis of sales channel, the tunable laser market has been segmented into OEM, and aftermarket. In 2021, OEM segment is the dominating the market as buying laser machine from OEM tends to more cost effective and with utmost quality assurance which are considered to be the prime factor while buying any product from OEM.
Tunable Laser Market Country Level Analysis
Tunable laser market is analysed and market size information is provided by country, type, technology, wavelength, application, end user and sales channel.
The countries covered in tunable laser market report are Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Turkey, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland and Rest of Europe.
Germany is dominating the European region for tunable laser market due to high presence of market leaders in the region.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Rising Demand of Tunable Laser
Tunable laser market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in industry with sales, components sales, impact of technological development in tunable laser and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the tunable laser market. The data is available for historic period 2011 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Tunable Laser Market Share Analysis
Tunable Laser market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, global presence, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breadth, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the companies’ focus related to Europe tunable laser market.
The major players covered in the report are Daylight Solutions (A subsidiary of Leonardo DRS), EKSPLA, HÜBNER Photonics, TOPTICA Photonics AG, Keysight Technologies, Luna Innovations Incorporated, LUMIBIRD, II-VI Incorporated, NeoPhotonics Corporation, SANTEC CORPORATION, EXFO Inc., Thorlabs, Inc., VIAVI Solutions Inc., Newport Corporation (A subsidiary of MKS Instruments), Lumentum Operations LLC, Radiant Light S.L., Freedom Photonics LLC, Changchun New Industries Optoelectronics Tech. Co., Ltd., Sacher Lasertechnik GmbH, AMETEK, Inc., Coherent, Inc. among other domestic players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product developments are also initiated by the companies worldwide which are also accelerating the growth of tunable laser market.
- In December 2020, HÜBNER Photonics joined hands with Metamaterial Inc., a company engaged in developing high-performance functional nanocomposites and materials. Through the agreement, HÜBNER Photonics provided Metamaterial Inc. with C-WAVE GTR/NIR (green-to-red/near-infrared) tunable laser, which helped the company in recording holograms at any desired wavelength. The new agreement increased the sales of the company.
Partnership, joint ventures and other strategies enhances the company market share with increased coverage and presence. It also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for tunable laser through expanded range of size.
Customization Available: Europe Tunable Laser Market
Data Bridge Market Research is a leader in advanced formative research. We take pride in servicing our existing and new customers with data and analysis that match and suits their goal. The report can be customised to include price trend analysis of target brands understanding the market for additional countries (ask for the list of countries), clinical trial results data, literature review, refurbished market and product base analysis. Market analysis of target competitors can be analysed from technology-based analysis to market portfolio strategies. We can add as many competitors that you require data about in the format and data style you are looking for. Our team of analysts can also provide you data in crude raw excel files pivot tables (Factbook) or can assist you in creating presentations from the data sets available in the report.