Global 4D Printing in Healthcare Market By Component (Equipment, Programmable Materials, Software & Services), Technology (FDM, PolyJet, Stereolithography, SLS), Application (Medical Models, Surgical Guides, Patient-Specific Implants), End-User (Hospitals & Clinics, Dental Laboratories, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global 4D Printing in Healthcare Market
Global 4D printing in healthcare market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 30.07% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the wide-areas of applications and emerging innovations in the industry.
Market Definition: Global 4D Printing in Healthcare Market
4D printing is an upgradation of the existing 3D printing technology, based on similar production method with one major difference being in the materials utilized for the production process. These materials are created in a sophisticated design process that can be modified when activated by a trigger that can be water, wind, heat or any other energy forms.
- Accelerated areas of application ranging from human scale biomaterials, chemotherapy and tissue engineering is expected to drive the growth of the market
- Growing levels of innovations and advancements in technology for 3D printing services is expected to fuel the growth of the market
- Changes in preferences of consumers to shift from 3D-based medical devices to 4D-based; this factor is expected to propel the growth of the market
- Focus of market players to develop 4D printing applications for targeted drug delivery is expected to drive the market growth
- High levels of costs associated with development and production with this process is expected to hinder the growth of the market
- Concerns regarding the hazards associated for safety of the products produced with this method is expected to restrain the market growth
- Need for complying with strict regulations and compliances with the healthcare industry can act as a restraining factor for this market
Segmentation: Global 4D Printing in Healthcare Market
- 3D Bioprinters
- 3D Printers
- Programmable Materials
- Living Cells
- Shape-Memory Materials
- Software & Services
- Fusion Deposition Modeling (FDM)
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Medical Models
- Surgical Guides
- Patient-Specific Implants
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Laboratories
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Key Developments in the Market:
- In October 2018, Poietis announced that they had initiated the commercialization of “NGB” (Next Generation Bioprinting) systems, designed to meet the demands of tissue engineering needs required from clinical research and clinical batches applications. This new platform will be able to provide various consumers with the advanced 4D bioprinting services
- In September 2018, Poietis announced that they had entered into a partnership with Servier for the development of liver tissues with the help of Poietis’ 4D bioprinting technology. The liver tissue will be developed in a complex form consisting of human liver cells and immunocompetent cells that can imitate the human liver tissue for in vitro settings
Global 4D printing in healthcare market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of 4D printing in healthcare market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global 4D printing in healthcare market are 3D Systems, Inc.; Organovo Holdings Inc.; Stratasys Ltd.; Materialise; Dassault Systèmes; EOS; EnvisionTEC; Poietis - 4D Bioprinting; Tractus3D; Allevi; 3D HUBS B.V.; axial3D - Medical 3D Printing Experts Ltd.; Anatomiz3D Medtech Private Limited; Formlabs; CELLINK; Osteo3d, Sinterex among others.
Research Methodology: Global 4D Printing in Healthcare Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analysed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please request an analyst call or can drop down your enquiry.
The key research methodology used by DBMR research team is data triangulation which involves data mining, analysis of the impact of data variables on the market, and primary (industry expert) validation. Apart from this, other data models include Vendor Positioning Grid, Market Time Line Analysis, Market Overview and Guide, Company Positioning Grid, Company Market Share Analysis, Standards of Measurement, Top to Bottom Analysis and Vendor Share Analysis. To know more about the research methodology, drop in an inquiry to speak to our industry experts.
Demand Side: Doctors, Surgeons, Medical Consultants, Nurses, Hospital Buyers, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Medical Payers, Healthcare Authorities, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, and Investors among others.
Supply Side: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, and Regulatory Affairs Managers among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future of global 4D printing in healthcare market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market as well as the segment which holds highest CAGR in the forecast period
- Regions/Countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
Customization of the Report:
- All segmentation provided above in this report is represented at country level
- All products covered in the market, product volume and average selling prices will be included as customizable options which may incur no or minimal additional cost (depends on customization)